Page 13 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    No one, and I do mean no one, expected Superman to stay dead for any substantial length of time.
    Me and my friends did, but we were kids at the time. I'll also argue that many casual friends thought he would as well as the media. I clearly recall people buying up his death issue because "it will be a collector's item".
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-01-2018 at 04:32 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Yep. It was supposed to be DC making a bold move and heading in a new direction because many thought Superman was out dated. I'm glad they didn't because I love Superman but still, at the time it was huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Yep. It was supposed to be DC making a bold move and heading in a new direction because many thought Superman was out dated. I'm glad they didn't because I love Superman but still, at the time it was huge.
    spoilers:
    I love Sups too and I'm also glad he come back. But acting as is everyone knew Superman would return at the time of the events is b.s. The difference here is the beans were spilled via the media before the trick could even be pulled. There are going to be bad consequences for DC I predict.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-01-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    spoilers:
    I love Sups too and I'm also glad he come back. But acting as is everyone knew Superman would return at the time of the events is b.s. The difference here is the beans were spilled via the media before the trick could even be pulled. There are going to be bad consequences for DC I predict.
    end of spoilers
    I agree. The Death of Superman was handled much better. I think everyone who recognizes me realizes that I've hated this entire run but for those who have enjoyed it, I think it's a slap in the face.

That being said, this is a King appreciation thread so I'll save the rest of my comments for other threads.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I agree. The Death of Superman was handled much better. I think everyone who recognizes me realizes that I've hated this entire run but for those who have enjoyed it, I think it's a slap in the face.

That being said, this is a King appreciation thread so I'll save the rest of my comments for other threads.
    Thanks! I mean, I am going to be unloading on this issue when it comes out on Wednesday, but hopefully also trying to find some good stuff in it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Good idea, I'll also refrain from posting any further negative comments in this thread.

Incredible Member

LOL, I hope you do find things about it you can enjoy.

I mean, I’ve enjoyed the run myself and I am not upset by the news in the slightest. I’m here to read the story King has set out to tell, not for a wedding.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Good idea, I'll also refrain from posting any further negative comments in this thread.
    I mean, we've had a kerfuffle over the purpose of this thread before, but you don't have to be mindlessly fanboyish here. Like I said, I'm going to do some analysis on why I am less than happy with this issue, while still trying to appreciate King's craft.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I mean, I’ve enjoyed the run myself and I am not upset by the news in the slightest. I’m here to read the story King has set out to tell, not for a wedding.
    Interesting! Do you have speculations on what's going on, or just have faith?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I mean, we've had a kerfuffle over the purpose of this thread before, but you don't have to be mindlessly fanboyish here. Like I said, I'm going to do some analysis on why I am less than happy with this issue, while still trying to appreciate King's craft...
    In my defense (as I stated in another post) I think King's run is meh overall the only interesting thing about it was the upcoming marriage. I merely tried to be positive because I was intrigued by the seemingly bold narrative direction. While angry I'm not a fanboy in any way. But I digress.

In my defense (as I stated in another post) I think King's run is meh overall the only interesting thing about it was the upcoming marriage. I merely tried to be positive because I was intrigued by the seemingly bold narrative direction. While angry I'm not a fanboy in any way. But I digress.
    Oh, that wasn't directed at you - I'm sorry! Someone else came in a posted only negatively about the book. I don't mind comments which combine enjoyment with criticism. It's when it's just completely negative that I get a bit annoyed, because I was very careful with the way I worded the OP.

And I do hope it's a bold direction! I hope we'll see the fallout and progression in the next three months, instead of just meat and potatoes plots.

Oh, that wasn't directed at you - I'm sorry! Someone else came in a posted only negatively about the book. I don't mind comments which combine enjoyment with criticism. It's when it's just completely negative that I get a bit annoyed, because I was very careful with the way I worded the OP.

And I do hope it's a bold direction! I hope we'll see the fallout and progression in the next three months, instead of just meat and potatoes plots.
    Sorry I got that impress, my bad.

I hope you are right. I don't want this to have merely been a publicity stunt, but I have my doubts now. Anyway, I don't want to further derail this thread.

Sorry I got that impress, my bad.

I hope you are right. I don't want this to have merely been a publicity stunt, but I have my doubts now. Anyway, I don't want to further derail this thread.
    I think we have to split things up. King has done a bit of hyping, but most of the hype has been DC, with the tie-ins, and the spoiler interviews before release day, and the invitations. So I blame King less for this - though to be fair, if he'd gone with the exact same book, and DC did NOTHING, we'd probably all know "Oh, yeah, this isn't going to happen."

It's hard. I don't want to get in the way of King writing the story he wants to write, but...this just feels a bit cheap.

.....It's hard. I don't want to get in the way of King writing the story he wants to write, but...this just feels a bit cheap.
    As I mentioned in another thread. I hope this is was a creative choice, not an editorial one (as sadly frequently happens with comics). I hope King did have input on the final say of the director at the very least.

As I mentioned in another thread. I hope this is was a creative choice, not an editorial one (as sadly frequently happens with comics). I hope King did have input on the final say of the director at the very least.
    I think King needs to give a killer INTERVIEW on Wednesday. If he thinks he can just let this speak for itself...I'm just not convinced that'll work.
    Last edited by millernumber1; 07-01-2018 at 07:33 PM.