Page 122 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1999
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Janin's Chuck in that picture just looks exactly like his version of Riddler and it's really distracting for me lol

Based on these brief images does look like we'll be getting a decent amount of Bat/Cat in the issue, though I wonder how they're gonna end it off. Will there be some semblance of a conclusion demonstrating where they'll be going in the future that would then be followed up in Bat/Cat, or will they keep it mostly ambiguous to be resolved later in Bat/Cat? I am hoping we get something related to the former.
    Kite Man does have a weird similarity to the Riddler there.

I think, based on the images, that we'll have a more positive spin than, say, Hush, but no guarantees.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

New interview! I like the analysis King does over Batman, Bane, Thomas and Catwoman. Also, some interesting information about FP Batman and his importance to the story

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/d...rview-spoilers
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    New interview! I like the analysis King does over Batman, Bane, Thomas and Catwoman. Also, some interesting information about FP Batman and his importance to the story

Very interesting. The idea that Thomas is a relatively newer addition to the story does make some sense - I wonder when he became so important? It does feel like a relatively organic development of what King was trying to say about fathers, sons, growing up, etc.

I am a bit concerned about how he's talking about his next set of projects - "how to deal with the pernicious garbage around us" - I worry it'll become strident and polemical, rather than thoughtful, nuanced, and able to be enjoyed by a wide audience.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Thats something I hadn't considered before - the difference between Batman's reaction to losing his parents versus his reaction to losing Alfred. Overall, it shows how far he has come away from his quest for vengeance and how mature he has become as Batman.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Very interesting. The idea that Thomas is a relatively newer addition to the story does make some sense - I wonder when he became so important? It does feel like a relatively organic development of what King was trying to say about fathers, sons, growing up, etc.

I am a bit concerned about how he's talking about his next set of projects - "how to deal with the pernicious garbage around us" - I worry it'll become strident and polemical, rather than thoughtful, nuanced, and able to be enjoyed by a wide audience.
    Depends on how allegorical/metaphorical it is - if it's Bat/Cat specifically calling out common criticisms of the run in the course of it, that'd be incredibly bad, but if it's more just a hopeful "here's how we rise above the muck and not worry about what society thinks of us," then it'll probably be pretty great (I think King is 5 for 6 so far on comic runs*, so he definitely gets the benefit of the doubt).

*I wonder about Heroes in Crisis every now and then - how much changed behind the scenes (if at all) because of the Bleeding Cool leak, Azzarello no longer doing Suicide Squad, etc. to change the story trajectory. It clearly didn't end up as the murder mystery/whodunnit that was originally touted
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Depends on how allegorical/metaphorical it is - if it's Bat/Cat specifically calling out common criticisms of the run in the course of it, that'd be incredibly bad, but if it's more just a hopeful "here's how we rise above the muck and not worry about what society thinks of us," then it'll probably be pretty great (I think King is 5 for 6 so far on comic runs*, so he definitely gets the benefit of the doubt).

*I wonder about Heroes in Crisis every now and then - how much changed behind the scenes (if at all) because of the Bleeding Cool leak, Azzarello no longer doing Suicide Squad, etc. to change the story trajectory. It clearly didn't end up as the murder mystery/whodunnit that was originally touted
    What was the BleedingCool leak?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What was the BleedingCool leak?
    According to BC, HiC would open with what appeared to be Wally West gunning down all the heroes at Sanctuary. It would later be revealed to be Zoom that did it, but Wally would go into hiding on the Suicide Squad. That's what I remember of it, at least
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post

I really like the idea of how King structures each of his runs like a thematic trilogy.
    Vision, The Sheriff Of Babylon, and The Omega Men
    Mister Miracle, Heroes In Crisis, and Batman
    And now Batman/Catwoman, Strange Adventure, and *Mystery Project*

I still really wanna know as well what went on regarding HiC, since that's also to me his biggest misstep. I think the most he's come out and said was that he was told by the editors to use Wally, Booster, and Harley and had to work around that, but you're right that even during the story, it feels like it's trying to do two different things at once, and switches trajectory suddenly as well.

Incredible Member

Last year I got married only a month after my father passed away. King's run has definitely connected with me... I wouldn't have minded a more hopeful journey rather than seeing Batman get punched in the balls for 25 straight issues, but it's definitely been an experience.

Incredible Member

I interpreted this as his next works will be more hopeful and show the resilience more than the break down.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    Last year I got married only a month after my father passed away. King's run has definitely connected with me... I wouldn't have minded a more hopeful journey rather than seeing Batman get punched in the balls for 25 straight issues, but it's definitely been an experience.
    Congratulations and condolences. I'm glad this run has connected with you - it has with me as well, and I've really appreciated your contributions to the conversation, and hope you will continue with us for the next leg!

I interpreted this as his next works will be more hopeful and show the resilience more than the break down.
    I just worry that he'll go the Greg Rucka route, writing only for people who agree with him. I hope not, but I worry.

Incredible Member

Congratulations and condolences. I'm glad this run has connected with you - it has with me as well, and I've really appreciated your contributions to the conversation, and hope you will continue with us for the next leg!
    Thank you. It's been fun. Glad to find the conversation.

I just worry that he'll go the Greg Rucka route, writing only for people who agree with him. I hope not, but I worry.
    I guess I don't understand.

According to BC, HiC would open with what appeared to be Wally West gunning down all the heroes at Sanctuary. It would later be revealed to be Zoom that did it, but Wally would go into hiding on the Suicide Squad. That's what I remember of it, at least
    That really would have connected with Zoom being the big bad for his Batman run

I guess I don't understand.
    Sorry for the confusion - I mean I hope that King doesn't decide that he needs to make Bat/Cat a topical political statement.

Sorry for the confusion - I mean I hope that King doesn't decide that he needs to make Bat/Cat a topical political statement.
    Hopefully he takes a measured approach and doesn't 1) date his work and 2) lose the point of his story.

Rucka's initial WW run pre52 was amazing because he wasn't reacting to others within the story, but Rebirth era not so much and you can see it in the story