Page 65 of 134 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Only if it doesn’t crack the door between life and death even wider. We are approaching the dragon ball threshold at this stage.

Incredible Member

In case anyone's interested, a new podcast interview with Tom King on iFanboy came out today. It's really long and he gives the most detailed explanation for what happened with the book split, etc.

Interestingly, he makes it sound like it has to do with event stuff that DC has planned with Batman that apparently needs to happen at the end of 2020. Which is why they're going back to monthly shipping and that they offered him a chance to finish his story on another book, so they can still have 2 Batman books (for sales), and still have their big thing that they want to happen across all the books by Batman 100.

On the bright side, it does not sound like it had anything to do with them not approving of his story and whatever the "change" is, which is why that's still happening.
    Last edited by lilyrose; 06-20-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Sounds like the Batman book post 85 will have a fair amount of tie-in issues to whatever those events are.

I like where the plot is heading and that Thomas' plans go farther than just helping Bane break Bruce. He has an agenda of his own (though we always suspected it had to do with him not wanting Bruce to be Batman, now we have a man that can guaranteed a complete new life to Bruce, where he hasn't got to carry the burden of his parents death, or at least not in the same way than before). Of course, things will go badly and I'm not yet sure that Bruce is so broken in mind to follow Thomas Wayne to the end or if he is just playing along waiting for a chance to strike back
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Yah I do like the twist. Its nice that we finally know Bat-Dad's purpose here. But I'm a little concerned that he's going to resurrect his world's version of the Joker.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Well finally after a brief delay, Batman #74 is here with the conclusion to The Fall and the Fallen.

Some brief thoughts:
    spoilers:

Wasn't expecting the animal story from Batman vs KGBeast to pop up again for thematic relevance, though I suppose in hindsight we could've seen it coming when the last issue of that arc revealed who was reading the story. There was a typo in the captions on the last page of the animal story bits in my copy though, where the fox is referred to as both a he and she in the same page. Anyone else have this?

There's definitely the feeling that just as much as he's doing this for Bruce's supposed happiness Thomas is also doing this to deal with his own baggage carried over from his reality... wonder how Bruce would've reacted if he'd told Bruce the full truth about Flashpoint Martha turning into his Joker?

And of course Bruce was never going along with Thomas' plan to resurrect Martha. Just a gambit of his own.

Based on the future solicits, I'm assuming that Thomas is the Batman who won and made it out of the pit, while Bruce will be rescued by Selina during City of Bane.
    end of spoilers

Sooner than we'd have liked but the endgame is upon us in #75.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 07-10-2019 at 06:55 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Well finally after a brief delay, Batman #74 is here with the conclusion to The Fall and the Fallen.

Some brief thoughts:
    spoilers:

Wasn't expecting the animal story from Batman vs KGBeast to pop up again for thematic relevance, though I suppose in hindsight we could've seen it coming when the last issue of that arc revealed who was reading the story. There was a typo in the captions on the last page of the animal story bits in my copy though, where the fox is referred to as both a he and she in the same page. Anyone else have this?

There's definitely the feeling that just as much as he's doing this for Bruce's supposed happiness Thomas is also doing this to deal with his own baggage carried over from his reality... wonder how Bruce would've reacted if he'd told Bruce the full truth about Flashpoint Martha turning into his Joker?

And of course Bruce was never going along with Thomas' plan to resurrect Martha. Just a gambit of his own.

Based on the future solicits, I'm assuming that Thomas is the Batman who won and made it out of the pit, while Bruce will be rescued by Selina during City of Bane.
    end of spoilers

Sooner than we'd have liked but the endgame is upon us in #75.
    Great thoughts!

spoilers:
    I was actually just talking about the KGBeast fairy tale with the last issue, because of the father connection. I'm really excited that King isn't wasting references, but bringing things back so they mean even more (iterative storytelling!)

Bruce's actions were really smart - really glad to see him taking some control in his life.

I personally hope that it's Bruce who makes it out, since I feel that's a really powerful image. The whole comic was incredibly powerful to me. I really loved this arc, it's very much a King setting up the endgame arc, and it's the kind of thing that I think he does best.
    end of spoilers
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

This issue really helps to see King's run as an unified story. I think it was great that the animals' fable was referenced and that it was given a new meaning (with which the KGBeast story gained points in my book) and the comeback of the "I am still here" phrase, that was already powerful to begin with in the I Am Bane arc. The structure of the story was pretty intriguing, with Bruce having played his hand before his father could tell and I really liked Janín this issue, though I think he could have made a more interesting fight choreography, I didn't think his art resembled the 3d models that sometimes it does and that I don't like. Great issue, looking forward for the start of City of Bane next week!
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    This issue really helps to see King's run as an unified story. I think it was great that the animals' fable was referenced and that it was given a new meaning (with which the KGBeast story gained points in my book) and the comeback of the "I am still here" phrase, that was already powerful to begin with in the I Am Bane arc. The structure of the story was pretty intriguing, with Bruce having played his hand before his father could tell and I really liked Janín this issue, though I think he could have made a more interesting fight choreography, I didn't think his art resembled the 3d models that sometimes it does and that I don't like. Great issue, looking forward for the start of City of Bane next week!
    Yup! It's all starting to fall in place, and put the earlier parts of the story into a stronger context. I can't wait to get the whole thing and read it top to bottom (though I wonder if I should wait until the end of Bat/Cat).

And City of Bane hopefully will be REALLY good.

But I think it's slipped to week 4, not next week.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yup! It's all starting to fall in place, and put the earlier parts of the story into a stronger context. I can't wait to get the whole thing and read it top to bottom (though I wonder if I should wait until the end of Bat/Cat).

And City of Bane hopefully will be REALLY good.

But I think it's slipped to week 4, not next week.
    It changed back to 17th July and I hope it stays that way because I can't wait more for City of Bane to begin!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...8-9-batman-75/

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    It changed back to 17th July and I hope it stays that way because I can't wait more for City of Bane to begin!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...8-9-batman-75/
    That's very good news!

WOW. City of Bane is off to an EPIC start.

Im a big fan of Gotham Girl's new design! hope she sticks around

Spectacular Member

I really don't know what you guys are reading. I just read Batman 75 and Tom King is the worst Batman writer in the history of Batman writers. According to King anyone and their mother can beat Bruce. This guy cant be removed from Batman fast enough in my book

Incredible Member

I agree, I really don't get what people see in this book. It might not be the worst, but it's still pretty awful.