Page 50 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

My thoughts on King's run: I want it to end already. I'm tired of him. In my opinion, he is the worst writer of Batman I have ever seen.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Bendis' story isn't canon though. King's story, however, almost certainly is, so I think he already spoiled part of his conclusion himself.
    I know you meant 'Tec 1000, but I also think Tom did something similar in 2017, with Bruce and Selina growing old together in Batman Annual#2.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-16-2019 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I have a feeling the answer will end up being "Psycho Pirate", just because he showed up front and centre in the Year Of The Villain teaser, and they've mentioned him a bunch in interviews, though I do hope there is more to it than just him.
    Psycho Pirate could manipulate Alfred, or Thomas. It’s hard to imagine how he could manipulate, say, Tim Drake though. Or Barbara. Also, Bruce took the Medusa Mask from Hayden after “I Am Bane” - (it’s on his table during The Button) - so it’s questionable how PP got it back.

I keep coming back to the running gag where Bruce & Selina have two different recollections of how they met. That’s always seemed like a harmless nod to previous continuities, but what if it’s something more? I dunno exactly what, but some indication that reality itself is somehow askew. See also # 44 where Bruce & Selina have a conversation about how they are always “changing”.
    Cheers - CL

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    Psycho Pirate could manipulate Alfred, or Thomas. It’s hard to imagine how he could manipulate, say, Tim Drake though. Or Barbara. Also, Bruce took the Medusa Mask from Hayden after “I Am Bane” - (it’s on his table during The Button) - so it’s questionable how PP got it back.

I keep coming back to the running gag where Bruce & Selina have two different recollections of how they met. That’s always seemed like a harmless nod to previous continuities, but what if it’s something more? I dunno exactly what, but some indication that reality itself is somehow askew. See also # 44 where Bruce & Selina have a conversation about how they are always “changing”.
    I am primarily concerned about Alfred - his actions felt most out of character. Babs and Tim are relying on the information available through Arkham's systems, which Bane controls pretty completely (and have already seen through Jim).

As for the mask being gone - Batman SAYS he did it...but in a world of mind manipulation, how can we be sure? We didn't see it destroyed, and even if it was, Bane seems like the kind of guy who could get another one made.

I firmly believe that the boat and street conflict isn't just a gag. I think it will be a plot point, somehow, in the final resolution of the narrative.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I am primarily concerned about Alfred - his actions felt most out of character. Babs and Tim are relying on the information available through Arkham's systems, which Bane controls pretty completely (and have already seen through Jim).

As for the mask being gone - Batman SAYS he did it...but in a world of mind manipulation, how can we be sure? We didn't see it destroyed, and even if it was, Bane seems like the kind of guy who could get another one made.

If Bane could create another mask, he never would have needed PP in the first place. But yea, he could have re-taken the mask at some point. We see it in the Batcave in # 21 though. The mask’s interaction with the button is what pulls Thawne into the cave. Perhaps that circles the whole thing back to the meta-Rebirth plot somehow, in which case the shifting continuities may be explainable.
    Cheers - CL

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    If Bane could create another mask, he never would have needed PP in the first place. But yea, he could have re-taken the mask at some point. We see it in the Batcave in # 21 though. The mask’s interaction with the button is what pulls Thawne into the cave. Perhaps that circles the whole thing back to the meta-Rebirth plot somehow, in which case the shifting continuities may be explainable.
    Creating the mask doesn't mean he would know how to use it, so I don't think that's the case.

However, that's a good point about the Button and Rebirth/Doomsday Clock. But if that's the case, one really hopes that that series will actually be done in time to actually tie into the end of King's Batman.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Don’t Bane & Thomas know where the Batcave is? Couldn’t they retrieve it from the cave while Bruce was locked away?

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

I firmly believe that the boat and street conflict isn't just a gag. I think it will be a plot point, somehow, in the final resolution of the narrative.
    Could Alfred maybe be working with Thomas Wayne even without manipulation. It'd be a bit dickish of him but i'm pretty sure Alfred has wanted Bruce to give up being Batman before.

Incredible Member

Yet another interview hyping up "the change."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05/...lan-dc-rebirth

I really hope it's not something like Batman kills Bane.

BANNED

I thought Bane's master plan was crashing this plane with no survivors?

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Yet another interview hyping up "the change."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05/...lan-dc-rebirth

I really hope it's not something like Batman kills Bane.
    Buried in there - Bane was behind the plane in the first issue. I really think that supports my idea that he's been planning this from before the start - with some alterations, certainly, but the general idea of breaking the Bat emotionally.

Incredible Member

I noticed the interviewer said it's impossible to talk about this run without bringing up Catwoman, but how late can she come back and still have time to do something big with them? I assumed she'd show up in the City of Bane stuff, but now I don't know. Plus, with her book ongoing, it's harder for her stick around for a while, even if she does come back, isn't it?

I noticed the interviewer said it's impossible to talk about this run without bringing up Catwoman, but how late can she come back and still have time to do something big with them? I assumed she'd show up in the City of Bane stuff, but now I don't know. Plus, with her book ongoing, it's harder for her stick around for a while, even if she does come back, isn't it?
    Well, as I've said in various places, I don't see why Catwoman can't be in two places at once, when you have Batman in a billion places at once.

I'm still expecting Catwoman back after City of Bane, or maybe toward the middle, not in 75.

BANNED

Who knows? Maybe Catwoman will fold just before King's run ends, and was always planned to go a certain number of issues to keep Selina in the public eye until she was ready to return.

With what King says about Selina feeling Bruce prefers his vow to her, I can see her maybe try to persuade him to get over her and move on like she's trying to, and they remain close friends and she sticks around to help Bruce heal (their interactions in the 'Tec 1000 story seem to have a friendly tone to it, and it's supposed to be set after everything)

I still think King's future of the two growing old together married will happen, a Bat-Marriage will occur, but I think he was trying to have the final say on it knowing that the person who writes it one day won't be him

I'd love to be wrong and the run ends in them marrying rather than them friendzoning each other again.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-16-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

I'd love to be wrong and the run ends in them marrying rather than them friendzoning each other again.
    Them going back to status quo would suck so hard. He knows people were upset and angry at the wedding not happening, so I have to think he's not planning to just do that.