Page 106 of 124 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1858
  1. #1576
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Februarys Solicitations are out and no Bat/Cat.

    I wonder when we will see it
    Well, the things I was hearing were that solicits wouldn't be until at least March.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  2. #1577
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, the things I was hearing were that solicits wouldn't be until at least March.
    Dang, I wonder why?

    Have you heard if each issue is supposed to be 22 pages or more?

  3. #1578
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Dang, I wonder why?

    Have you heard if each issue is supposed to be 22 pages or more?
    What King said was that Clay wants to do all 12 issues, each 22 pages, so they need more lead time. Originally, they were planning on soliciting in January knowing they would need to get fill-in artists.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  4. #1579
    Incredible Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, the things I was hearing were that solicits wouldn't be until at least March.
    awww that is disappointing!

    I was really looking forward to Bat/Cat and March feels ages away!

  5. #1580
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    awww that is disappointing!

    I was really looking forward to Bat/Cat and March feels ages away!
    I agree. And we still don't have any word on the King/Weeks Batman Special yet.

    On the other hand, it does mean we have more time to do our King Batman Reread starting in January, so it's not super rushed and everyone can participate!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  6. #1581
    Incredible Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    955

    Default

    whens 5G rumored to start? Maybe they would start Bat/Cat around the same time as it. So theirs one book with Luke Fox Batman and another with Bruce Wayne Batman and Catwoman.

  7. #1582
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    whens 5G rumored to start? Maybe they would start Bat/Cat around the same time as it. So theirs one book with Luke Fox Batman and another with Bruce Wayne Batman and Catwoman.
    Ohhh, that would be pretty cool. So there would be a book for everyone

    Also no 3 Jokers either, I don't think we will ever see that book.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 11-15-2019 at 12:26 PM.

  8. #1583
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    whens 5G rumored to start? Maybe they would start Bat/Cat around the same time as it. So theirs one book with Luke Fox Batman and another with Bruce Wayne Batman and Catwoman.
    I have not yet heard any announcements or rumors on when 5G will start.

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Ohhh, that would be pretty cool. So there would be a book for everyone

    Also no 3 Jokers either, I don't think we will ever see that book.
    I believe in both Bat/Cat and 3 Jokers. My excitment, however, is mostly for Bat/Cat.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  9. #1584
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    whens 5G rumored to start? Maybe they would start Bat/Cat around the same time as it. So theirs one book with Luke Fox Batman and another with Bruce Wayne Batman and Catwoman.
    Bleeding Cool suggested that they'll be doing something like this - having the classic heroes in Black Label (or other imprint) books while 5G is going on. Not sure they'll actually do that, but it's a reasonable guess. As to 5G, one would expect it to be the result of the next Crisis, right?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  10. #1585
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Bleeding Cool suggested that they'll be doing something like this - having the classic heroes in Black Label (or other imprint) books while 5G is going on. Not sure they'll actually do that, but it's a reasonable guess. As to 5G, one would expect it to be the result of the next Crisis, right?
    Don't want to take this too far afield from King's run, but my own speculation is that Dark Crisis (the whatever it is that Snyder and Capullo are working on) will probably launch May or June, and end 6 months later.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  11. #1586
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Don't want to take this too far afield from King's run, but my own speculation is that Dark Crisis (the whatever it is that Snyder and Capullo are working on) will probably launch May or June, and end 6 months later.
    I believe they've mentioned that the "New Crisis" will be starting once his Justice League run finishes at #50, and if it continues going twice monthly, that'll be in July, which will probably lead to the ending in December, so whatever new status quo for everyone will start in 2021.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  12. #1587
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I believe they've mentioned that the "New Crisis" will be starting once his Justice League run finishes at #50, and if it continues going twice monthly, that'll be in July, which will probably lead to the ending in December, so whatever new status quo for everyone will start in 2021.
    We're moving far afield here, but Snyder's JL run finishes in January and Hell Arisen ends in March. I'd be shocked if we aren't starting the next Crisis in May after a FCBD special.

    ---------------------------------------------

    As to Bat/Cat, it's a bit unfortunate that we have to wait until at least March. I didn't see the Batman special (maybe it'll be a B/C Annual) either in the solicits. It's going to be quite the drought - I hope City of Bane doesn't end on a cliffhanger.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  13. #1588
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Duke does fade in the background. Though in his early interviews, he mentioned how Snyder has plans for Duke, and he liked the idea of Tim having a year in the cave before he's Robin, comparing Tim and Duke's training directly. So I think it's clear that Duke likely wouldn't have been a huge part of the direct action, and was mostly there to keep him at the forefront until All Star Batman showed up.

    I think you might well be right that there was more in King's mind for Duke...but I think he also has consistently not been a big fan of trying to pull characters from other writers to be "regulars" in his run. So once Snyder made his Metal plans for Duke clear, and then Hill got Outsiders going, he didn't want to really make Duke warp too far from what's going on there. Additionally...quite honestly, I struggle to figure out what someone could really have done with Duke in the middle of King's run. Snyder was revealing his powers extremely slowly and confusingly, he was being bounced from writer to writer (Snyder to Tynion to Patrick to Hill) with massive delays in the plans actually being revealed.
    Fade??? Duke did not appear in Batman at all in 2018. Even if your plans got changed for Duke to be Batman or someone else had ideas for Duke. That does NOT excuse tossing him aside for almost a year and a half.

    Duke doing stuff behind the scene to better himself doesn't take much effort. Tim had his own book, Teen Trainwreck & Young Justice and still got usage in Batman.

    Bad look to have Duke MIA or on one panels cameos in a book that lets face is (at times) your best seller.

  14. #1589
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I believe they've mentioned that the "New Crisis" will be starting once his Justice League run finishes at #50, and if it continues going twice monthly, that'll be in July, which will probably lead to the ending in December, so whatever new status quo for everyone will start in 2021.
    I think, as bob points out below, things have changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    We're moving far afield here, but Snyder's JL run finishes in January and Hell Arisen ends in March. I'd be shocked if we aren't starting the next Crisis in May after a FCBD special.

    ---------------------------------------------

    As to Bat/Cat, it's a bit unfortunate that we have to wait until at least March. I didn't see the Batman special (maybe it'll be a B/C Annual) either in the solicits. It's going to be quite the drought - I hope City of Bane doesn't end on a cliffhanger.
    The Batman special is not in the solicits, that is correct. I also hope that City of Bane doesn't end on a cliffhanger. That would really suck.

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Fade??? Duke did not appear in Batman at all in 2018. Even if your plans got changed for Duke to be Batman or someone else had ideas for Duke. That does NOT excuse tossing him aside for almost a year and a half.

    Duke doing stuff behind the scene to better himself doesn't take much effort. Tim had his own book, Teen Trainwreck & Young Justice and still got usage in Batman.

    Bad look to have Duke MIA or on one panels cameos in a book that lets face is (at times) your best seller.
    There's a difference between "allowing Snyder the time and space to try and figure out what he wants to do with Duke through Metal, Patrick takes a swing, then Hill gets the character...and Hill's series is put in limbo for nearly six months" and "tossing him aside."

    I think it's clear which one actually happened. And blaming King for DC editorial and Snyder's lack of decision is strange.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  15. #1590
    VEGETATIVE INJUSTICE! Kurisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    497

    Default

    I didn’t even realize Bat/Cat was missing in this month’s solicits. Shows how much I’m paying attention to DC these days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •