Page 80 of 134 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1999

Yeah I have a feeling it will be a funeral issue.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...53449567002624

King confirms that one of the final issues of his run will be about Alfred.

Feel free to speculate if this means Alfred will live or if DC will keep the butler dead a spell longer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Yeah I have a feeling it will be a funeral issue.
    Well, it's almost certainly 84, since he didn't say "the last." I still think Alfred being dead is profoundly not setup as a consequence of what's gone before. so think it won't stick.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, it's almost certainly 84, since he didn't say "the last." I still think Alfred being dead is profoundly not setup as a consequence of what's gone before. so think it won't stick.
    #84 is also supposedly the final part of City Of Bane, with #85 as a one-off epilogue, so would be interesting to see how they will give it the Alfred focus.

And then there's also the whole Detective Comics #1000/Doomsday Clock question we'll have to wait for if it does turn out to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    #84 is also supposedly the final part of City Of Bane, with #85 as a one-off epilogue, so would be interesting to see how they will give it the Alfred focus.

And then there's also the whole Detective Comics #1000/Doomsday Clock question we'll have to wait for if it does turn out to be true.
    I mean, I still think we won't know for sure what King's whole run looks like until the end of Bat/Cat.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Spectacular Member

Preview for 78 is out. https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/batman...e-in-batman-78 Clay Mann just keeps getting better and better. I love the call back on Selina's swimwear to a Tony Daniel issue during the time Grayson was Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    Preview for 78 is out. https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/batman...e-in-batman-78 Clay Mann just keeps getting better and better. I love the call back on Selina's swimwear to a Tony Daniel issue during the time Grayson was Batman.
    I am so pumped for this issue you guys have no idea. Also, I love that King just does stuff to make his artists happy, since Clay Mann adores Magnum PI.

I know when I'm licked

Huh.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I know when I'm licked

Huh.
    How do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    I love these callbacks starting in #44. I cannot WAIT for the boat/street to be resolved.

Oh wow, nice call back from King! I wondered if that was some kind of throwback homage thing.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Enjoyed the callbacks in 78 to Annual #2 and I Am Suicide. Anyone else spot other callbacks?

Other stray thoughts:

-Interesting that Selina refers to Batman as Bruce here and there along with the usual Bat, but Bruce just refers to her as Cat.
    -Since this issue had the boat, will 79 feature the street?
    -If there is one criticism, this issue is something of an anticlimatic follow-up to the events of last issue. I suppose it is a microscopic version of the issue that Knightmares faced as the follow-up to The Tyrant's Wing's cliffhanger.

Edit: King did tweet this in a response to a question over the ending of last issue.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 09-11-2019 at 08:20 AM.

The whole issue was just beautiful. I get that it's a diversion from the "main" plot, but as with Knightmares, it's asking the questions that I really, REALLY wanted answered. What is Bat and Cat now, post wedding? What did Bruce learn from his ordeal? And so far, we're getting very, very good answers. I just bought the Wedding Album, and not only does it show all of King and Janin's hard work to parallel their story artistically, but it also includes the lovely #44, which sets up so much of what King is doing with Batman here.

This issue was fantastic. Visually, of course it was going to be delightful, with my biggest problem being the repetition of panels when Bruce and Selina are near the bonfire. But otherwise, it was great. But what won me over was the dialogue. I felt the tension between both characters and their inner fights between keep on containing what they want to say or release everything they have been avoiding. I think this issue does move the plot forward, because Selina and Bruce are back together, which means that Bruce finally overcame one of the biggest weight that has been dragging him down since the "wedding". Now, he's starting to rebuild himself, body and mind, and he's getting ready to defeat Bane
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    This issue was fantastic. Visually, of course it was going to be delightful, with my biggest problem being the repetition of panels when Bruce and Selina are near the bonfire. But otherwise, it was great. But what won me over was the dialogue. I felt the tension between both characters and their inner fights between keep on containing what they want to say or release everything they have been avoiding. I think this issue does move the plot forward, because Selina and Bruce are back together, which means that Bruce finally overcame one of the biggest weight that has been dragging him down since the "wedding". Now, he's starting to rebuild himself, body and mind, and he's getting ready to defeat Bane
    Agreed. There's more than just the fighting plot - the emotional plot is the key for me. Though I'm also eager to find out what happens with Alfred and Damian as well.