Page 101 of 126 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1887
  1. #1501
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    When Bane has more honour than batman. Excellent.
    This has been a consistent theme, to be fair. Batman's invasion of Santa Prisca was pretty underhanded. And in opposition, Bane has been manipulating things from before the start of the run, without a declaration of war, so that's pretty dishonorable.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  2. #1502
    Spectacular Member bat1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Plus, I still think Bane is on venom here, red eyes and venom is leaking from the tube he pulled out of his hand.

  3. #1503
    Incredible Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    957

    Default

    When the stakes are this high! Fighting with honour is a disadvantage neither side can afford.

  4. #1504
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    Plus, I still think Bane is on venom here, red eyes and venom is leaking from the tube he pulled out of his hand.
    I think that's absolutely the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    When the stakes are this high! Fighting with honour is a disadvantage neither side can afford.
    I think there's a bit of annoyance I have at the cliche of "I lied," but considering how dishonorable Bane is generally, I'm not really bothered.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  5. #1505
    Incredible Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Looking at the panels of the Bat family all fallen. Guess Babs was the last man standing.

    How likely is it Thomas is on venom or is using whatever gives Gotham Girl her powers.

  6. #1506
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Here's another piece of repetition I've noticed while re-reading I Am Suicide, Rooftops, and I Am Bane: Catwoman being the piece the villain didn't plan for. A-chronologically, in Rooftops, Clock King does his grand villain speech about how he's calculated every move and Batman is finished, followed by Selina flying through the clock face and knocking him out. She is also the one that acts as the double agent in I am Suicide and then gets caught on purpose to rescue Gordon, et al. from Bane's henchmen (even in a more omniscient Bane interpretation, where maybe he calculated Selina's betrayal in Suicide and allowed that sequence of events to happen, it seems likely his kill order in I Am Bane was intended to clear the table of Catwoman, Gordon, Duke, and Bronze Tiger and not a double secret attempt to lull Bruce into a false sense of security).
    I believe I had King's number here (at least from the preview scene)
    Last edited by bob/.schoonover; 11-04-2019 at 02:40 PM.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

  7. #1507
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I believe I had King's number here (at least from the preview scene)
    I think you absolutely did.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  8. #1508
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,388

    Default

    Man, having Janin back makes every difference to me. Art is very important to me but I can usually look past even art I hate if a book is very well written. For example, Howard Porter's art is like nails on a chalkboard to me but I was mostly able to love JLA in spite of that when Morrison was writing it. By contrast JR JR on the last two issues completely took me out of the story and even contributed to me disliking King's writing for the first time on this fantastic run. So happy that's over and we're back to the incredible art this series has enjoyed since the beginning.

  9. #1509
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Man, having Janin back makes every difference to me. Art is very important to me but I can usually look past even art I hate if a book is very well written. For example, Howard Porter's art is like nails on a chalkboard to me but I was mostly able to love JLA in spite of that when Morrison was writing it. By contrast JR JR on the last two issues completely took me out of the story and even contributed to me disliking King's writing for the first time on this fantastic run. So happy that's over and we're back to the incredible art this series has enjoyed since the beginning.
    I think I must be the only person who liked JRJR on art for these past two issues, but I am also a big fan of Janin getting to draw the final arc. Much more than Tony Daniel, who I think was originally gonna do it, because Janin has such history with King, from Grayson and I Am Suicide (and the Wedding, and so many more), so it feels more like the series is ending in the same artistic world that it started in. I would have loved to have David Finch come back to draw even a few pages. I mean, we get the great Acetate cover by Finch, but maybe we could have had the whole last five issues with covers by Finch? That would mean a Finch/Janin combo, the exact artists who did the beginning of King's run, would also be ending it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  10. #1510
    Incredible Member Chubistian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think I must be the only person who liked JRJR on art for these past two issues, but I am also a big fan of Janin getting to draw the final arc. Much more than Tony Daniel, who I think was originally gonna do it, because Janin has such history with King, from Grayson and I Am Suicide (and the Wedding, and so many more), so it feels more like the series is ending in the same artistic world that it started in. I would have loved to have David Finch come back to draw even a few pages. I mean, we get the great Acetate cover by Finch, but maybe we could have had the whole last five issues with covers by Finch? That would mean a Finch/Janin combo, the exact artists who did the beginning of King's run, would also be ending it.
    I liked the two issues JRJR did too! I'm a big fan of his work. There're times where I haven't been happy with the result, but most of the time I think he's fine or even great. I'm not a fan of David Finch, but I think he put a great work in Rebirth. Much better than what he did in the New 52. I agree that having Janín back is cool, especially if he's delivering a work as excellent as the one we see in the preview
    Last edited by Chubistian; 11-04-2019 at 08:16 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

    "We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

  11. #1511
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think I must be the only person who liked JRJR on art for these past two issues, but I am also a big fan of Janin getting to draw the final arc. Much more than Tony Daniel, who I think was originally gonna do it, because Janin has such history with King, from Grayson and I Am Suicide (and the Wedding, and so many more), so it feels more like the series is ending in the same artistic world that it started in. I would have loved to have David Finch come back to draw even a few pages. I mean, we get the great Acetate cover by Finch, but maybe we could have had the whole last five issues with covers by Finch? That would mean a Finch/Janin combo, the exact artists who did the beginning of King's run, would also be ending it.
    Nah dude, you aren't the only one; I absolutely love JRJR. I always have ever since I seen his stuff in Spidey

  12. #1512
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think I must be the only person who liked JRJR on art for these past two issues, but I am also a big fan of Janin getting to draw the final arc. Much more than Tony Daniel, who I think was originally gonna do it, because Janin has such history with King, from Grayson and I Am Suicide (and the Wedding, and so many more), so it feels more like the series is ending in the same artistic world that it started in. I would have loved to have David Finch come back to draw even a few pages. I mean, we get the great Acetate cover by Finch, but maybe we could have had the whole last five issues with covers by Finch? That would mean a Finch/Janin combo, the exact artists who did the beginning of King's run, would also be ending it.
    I'm a big fan of JRJR's work, so I liked seeing him show up and do his usual style in this environment. Honestly, even though I think he still does really good work, Janin is probably near the bottom of my artists that've worked on this run, just because his more realistic approach (almost 3D/model design) to drawing all the characters compared to many of the other's more sketchy designs. I loved Finch's work in I Am Gotham and I Am Bane, which is why I was really hoping he could pop up again at some point during this end, but I do understand why he used Janin again, considering (if I remember my counting correctly), he's drawn the most amount of issues out of anyone, so he deserves getting the end in that capacity.

    Plus making the final 4 issues all him will help the consistency in helping the ending land harder. Just because Daniel, Mann, and JRJR's issues all felt like 3 separate stories that were apart of one arc, rather than a single story like I think was the intention, which is why it's felt kind of disjointed overall. Hoping it all comes together really nicely.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  13. #1513
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I liked the two issues JRJR did too! I'm a big fan of his work. There're times where I haven't been happy with the result, but most of the time I think he's fine or even great. I'm not a fan of David Finch, but I think he put a great work in Rebirth. Much better than what he did in the New 52. I agree that having Janín back is cool, especially if he's delivering a work as excellent as the one we see in the preview
    Hooray! More JRJR fans! I'm not the biggest David Finch fan, but I have to admit - I've grown to appreciate his stuff a lot more this year. Rereading Good Boy, meeting him at a con this year, and seeing his acetate covers really has given me an perspective on more of the intelligent side of his art.

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Nah dude, you aren't the only one; I absolutely love JRJR. I always have ever since I seen his stuff in Spidey
    JMS JRJR Spidey for the WIN!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm a big fan of JRJR's work, so I liked seeing him show up and do his usual style in this environment. Honestly, even though I think he still does really good work, Janin is probably near the bottom of my artists that've worked on this run, just because his more realistic approach (almost 3D/model design) to drawing all the characters compared to many of the other's more sketchy designs. I loved Finch's work in I Am Gotham and I Am Bane, which is why I was really hoping he could pop up again at some point during this end, but I do understand why he used Janin again, considering (if I remember my counting correctly), he's drawn the most amount of issues out of anyone, so he deserves getting the end in that capacity.

    Plus making the final 4 issues all him will help the consistency in helping the ending land harder. Just because Daniel, Mann, and JRJR's issues all felt like 3 separate stories that were apart of one arc, rather than a single story like I think was the intention, which is why it's felt kind of disjointed overall. Hoping it all comes together really nicely.
    Wow, a lot more people liking the JRJR than I expected! Hooray!

    I wish Janin were working with a stronger inker, honestly. I think it would help. But maybe the darker palette just doesn't fit him super well - Jeromy Cox coloring him on Grayson is where I fell in love with his art, and though I like a lot of what Cheung and Bellaire have done with him on Batman, it hasn't been quite the same.

    The final 4 issues being all Janin, that consistency, is exactly what I'm talking about. I want this to feel like King and Janin's story, one with ownership and control. It's part of why I'm happy to hear that King and DC are working to make sure that Mann can do every issue of Bat/Cat. I think a split series can be good - I think Adam Strange is going to be better for it - but there's a sense of coherence, of (I keep saying it) ownership and control that comes with a consistent art team that can't be replicated.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  14. #1514
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Saw that Finch cover and part of me frankly actually wants Kaiju Bane.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

  15. #1515
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    When the stakes are this high! Fighting with honour is a disadvantage neither side can afford.
    WTF are you talking about?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •