Page 57 of 134 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    FHIZ got some private scoop apparently. His tone changed pretty quick. Fingers crossed?
    Who's he? Does he know actual info?

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Who's he? Does he know actual info?
    He had a pretty good site (Gotham Spoilers) where he made reviews and commented Batman related news. He gets scoops and sometimes DC gives him issues before the release date
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Incredible Member

Oh, this is SUCH bullshit. Less than a week after those promises he made.

Unbelievable. What this really means is we get no ending to Bruce and Selina. After all this.

Incredible Member

King leaving doesn’t mean there won’t be a resolution to the Batman/Catwoman relationship. It just might have less Bat/Cat crap and be written in a way that makes even a little sense and without Catgod and Batdumbass. This could be the best thing to happen to their relationship since this whole debacle started.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    King leaving doesn’t mean there won’t be a resolution to the Batman/Catwoman relationship. It just might have less Bat/Cat crap and be written in a way that makes even a little sense and without Catgod and Batdumbass. This could be the best thing to happen to their relationship since this whole debacle started.
    He's the only person who's ever focused on it this much. No one else will care, especially if he gets no time to end it the way he wanted, which he won't. He said he was done writing all the Bane stuff, which means the stuff that doesn't get finished is the Catwoman stuff.

No marriage. No ending. Revert to status quo. Bullshit.

He's the only person who's ever focused on it this much. No one else will care, especially if he gets no time to end it the way he wanted, which he won't. He said he was done writing all the Bane stuff, which means the stuff that doesn't get finished is the Catwoman stuff.

If it reverts Nightwing to Status Quo then its a Small Price to pay for Salvation, The Hardest Choices require the Strongest Wills
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Incredible Member

Dido isn’t a fan of heroes being married. Did you really think they would end up married at the end of this? That ship sailed with issue 50. Trying to do it in another’s year or two is way too little too late. He actually made their relationship pretty unbearable for a lot of people. I used to love the idea of them together but King killed that for me. He has no idea how to write a relationship. He can’t even figure out how two normal people talk to each other or interact. I think you’d have been disappointed if he had stayed for the full run.

Incredible Member

Dido isn’t a fan of heroes being married. Did you really think they would end up married at the end of this? That ship sailed with issue 50. Trying to do it in another’s year or two is way too little too late. He actually made their relationship pretty unbearable for a lot of people. I used to love the idea of them together but King killed that for me. He has no idea how to write a relationship. He can’t even figure out how two normal people talk to each other or interact. I think you’d have been disappointed if he had stayed for the full run.
    Yeah, I did. He kept saying it wasn't over, that the wedding was the halfway point of the Batman/Catwoman love story, that it's all going to have an ending, that it was part of a complete story arc, to be patient, that it was all one story that wasn't over, etc., etc. That their love was what this whole arc was about, aside from Bane.

And then he claimed he was going to do something that changed the character for a generation, so yeah- I thought he'd do it. Now we get nothing, because he's already written all the Bane stuff, so he has no time to even end the Catwoman stuff.

It's a total slap in the face.

Also, despite what happened in 50, he was the only person who could have fixed it if he was planning to have them marry by the end of his 100 issue story anyway. Now, no way does any other writer go near a possible wedding- they probably won't even have the Batman/Catwoman relationship at all, since that was one of the big things about King's run. It'll just be remembered for the failed wedding that pissed people off.
    Last edited by lilyrose; 05-22-2019 at 03:39 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Yowza, this sucks. But for me I take it as a learning opportunity, I think it's best to just trade-wait until your favorite writers run is over to read it; so you don't become overly invested in it. I may end up doing this with Hickman's X-Men and I know a lot may take umbrage with this notion because a lack of sales on floppies means a book can get canceled, but that's not my problem because I buy the trades for my collection.

I did the same for GoT and I am glad to have done it now I can just burn through it over summer break without being disappointed in the ending because I haven't been invested for nearly a decade.

I don't know if the investment is worth it to be honest and I fear when it comes to the big TWO, this will happen more and more because of the skittishness of the higher-ups. The fact that King was able to do what he did for so long is a testament to his skill as a writer and the clout he had with DC, but sooner or later the gig is up.

The silver lining is that we got some amazing art on the book, "Superfriends" one of the most beautiful arcs in the run.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 05-22-2019 at 03:50 PM. Reason: word choice and cohesion

Incredible Member

Yeah, I did. He kept saying it wasn't over, that the wedding was the halfway point of the Batman/Catwoman love story, that it's all going to have an ending, that it was part of a complete story arc, to be patient, that it was all one story that wasn't over, etc., etc. That their love was what this whole arc was about, aside from Bane.

And then he claimed he was going to do something that changed the character for a generation, so yeah- I thought he'd do it. Now we get nothing, because he's already written all the Bane stuff, so he has no time to even end the Catwoman stuff.

It's a total slap in the face.

Also, despite what happened in 50, he was the only person who could have fixed it if he was planning to have them marry by the end of his 100 issue story anyway. Now, no way does any other writer go near a possible wedding- they probably won't even have the Batman/Catwoman relationship at all, since that was one of the big things about King's run. It'll just be remembered for the failed wedding that pissed people off.
    Why do you think he’s the only one who could fix it? Just because he broke it doesn’t mean he’s the only one who could fix it. Any writer could come in and pick up this storyline.

Incredible Member

Why do you think he’s the only one who could fix it? Just because he broke it doesn’t mean he’s the only one who could fix it. Any writer could come in and pick up this storyline.
    Do you really believe that's going to happen? He's the only writer who's EVER focused on their relationship to this extent. That must be for a reason. Others just aren't interested in having them be a couple.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Do you really believe that's going to happen? He's the only writer who's EVER focused on their relationship to this extent. That must be for a reason. Others just aren't interested in having them be a couple.
    I have to agree with you on that lilyrose. DC has been playing this 'will they, won't they;' card with Bat/Cat almost from the moment of Catwoman's creation but I've yet to see any writer seriously try to focus on making their relationship something more serious or permanent outside of King. I don't think most writers or DC for that matter are very interested in that at all.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I have to agree with you on that lilyrose. DC has been playing this 'will they, won't they;' card with Bat/Cat almost from the moment of Catwoman's creation but I've yet to see any writer seriously try to focus on making their relationship something more serious or permanent outside of King. I don't think most writers or DC for that matter are very interested in that at all.
    Yeah, exactly. So the only hope for any kind of resolution to this relationship would have had to come from King himself. Now that's out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yowza, this sucks. But for me I take it as a learning opportunity, I think it's best to just trade-wait until your favorite writers run is over to read it; so you don't become overly invested in it. I may end up doing this with Hickman's X-Men and I know a lot may take umbrage with this notion because a lack of sales on floppies means a book can get canceled, but that's not my problem because I buy the trades for my collection.

I did the same for GoT and I am glad to have done it now I can just burn through it over summer break without being disappointed in the ending because I haven't been invested for nearly a decade.

I don't know if the investment is worth it to be honest and I fear when it comes to the big TWO, this will happen more and more because of the skittishness of the higher-ups. The fact that King was able to do what he did for so long is a testament to his skill as a writer and the clout he had with DC, but sooner or later the gig is up.

The silver lining is that we got some amazing art on the book, "Superfriends" one of the most beautiful arcs in the run.
    I get your reasoning and I actually started collecting the Batman Rebirth Deluxe Edition because it's cheaper and easier to preserve without big damage. In the meantime I read the issues online to keep up to date. But I also get the people that buys single issues, some prefer them and/or like to be to up to date and collects different covers and also some issues have special value as singles instead of being in a trade or hardcover. Also, I suck at watching series, if I'm not seeing it as the episodes are released it can take me years to finish it or I will simply never end it. I have been watching Twin Peaks season 3 since 2017 and that's a series that I could have seen while the episodes were still coming up!
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH