Page 104 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1999
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

DC's official DC Nation twitter just posted some Fornes panels from 84:

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...03047815286784

Thomas vs. Bruce?

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...04758617362433

The second one contains definite spoiler material - click at your own peril:
    spoilers:
    Is that Flashpoint Joker shooting Catwoman?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    DC's official DC Nation twitter just posted some Fornes panels from 84:

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...03047815286784

Thomas vs. Bruce?

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...04758617362433

The second one contains definite spoiler material - click at your own peril:
    spoilers:
    Is that Flashpoint Joker shooting Catwoman?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It’s Flashpoint Catwoman who becomes Oracle. Note the costume difference
    end of spoilers

Just noticed something: in Batman #69, Bane recriminates Thomas because he isn't like Bruce, he cheats. Back then, the defeat of Bane product of thinking about Bruce as an honorable man was foreshadowed
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Just noticed something: in Batman #69, Bane recriminates Thomas because he isn't like Bruce, he cheats. Back then, the defeat of Bane product of thinking about Bruce as an honorable man was foreshadowed
    Absolutely! I really think #69 was really vital to this whole final arc.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Absolutely! I really think #69 was really vital to this whole final arc.
    It also ties into War of Jokes & Riddles, in which the point is also that Bruce is not as honorable of a man that everyone assumes he is.

It's been a recurring theme, for sure, from the beginning — "I Am Gotham" is about the disparity between what Gotham & Gotham Girl think about trying to measure up to Batman and their failure to do so. "I Am Suicide" reveals the core wound that drives Batman is also what connects him to Catwoman, which is they are died emotionally in some ways before they were reborn as Bat and Cat.

But why exactly Bane would assume Bruce is honorable, I don't know... Bane is a cheater, it's not like cheating doesn't occur to him? He's strategic. So idk but the truth for a lot of King's run is that the villain motivations very often don't make a ton of sense, they're just there to propel the plot to give the theme.
    Last edited by gregpersons; 11-09-2019 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    It also ties into War of Jokes & Riddles, in which the point is also that Bruce is not as honorable of a man that everyone assumes he is.

It's been a recurring theme, for sure, from the beginning — "I Am Gotham" is about the disparity between what Gotham & Gotham Girl think about trying to measure up to Batman and their failure to do so. "I Am Suicide" reveals the core wound that drives Batman is also what connects him to Catwoman, which is they are died emotionally in some ways before they were reborn as Bat and Cat.

But why exactly Bane would assume Bruce is honorable, I don't know... Bane is a cheater, it's not like cheating doesn't occur to him? He's strategic. So idk but the truth for a lot of King's run is that the villain motivations very often don't make a ton of sense, they're just there to propel the plot to give the theme.
    What's so weird is that Bane provoked Batman to act dishonorably in I Am Suicide. I guess Bane might have been manipulated by Thomas (or just being in proximity to Thomas makes him forget how unpredictable Bruce can be).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

What's so weird is that Bane provoked Batman to act dishonorably in I Am Suicide. I guess Bane might have been manipulated by Thomas (or just being in proximity to Thomas makes him forget how unpredictable Bruce can be).
    Bane's motivations make almost no sense, at this point. Neither do Thomas's, or Gotham Girl's... I would hope that is what we're getting next, some better insight into why they have bothered to go through this much trouble.

His motivations in Suicide, Bane and the Wedding make sense... but from the Penguin arc to present, I don't know what Bane is getting out of this whole performance. It's possible it somehow ties into the dead women from the Mr. Freeze arc. I don't know.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    Bane's motivations make almost no sense, at this point. Neither do Thomas's, or Gotham Girl's... I would hope that is what we're getting next, some better insight into why they have bothered to go through this much trouble.

His motivations in Suicide, Bane and the Wedding make sense... but from the Penguin arc to present, I don't know what Bane is getting out of this whole performance. It's possible it somehow ties into the dead women from the Mr. Freeze arc. I don't know.
    Same, I mentioned it earlier but we need to know their motivation; it can't simply be because they're evil

Went to GalaxyCon today in Minneapolis, and got a chance to chat with Mike Norton about his pages of the Annual - he said he originally had ideas for the layouts, but King and his editor (Jamie Rich) were really insistent on the panelling (understandably, if you noticed the way it was laid out). He didn't seem to frustrated about it, since he said it clearly wasn't to overwhelm the panels with dialogue. I mentioned I especially loved the panel with Bruce hugging Tim, and he mentioned he wanted to show Tim sort of not into it, and we chatted about how Tim's a teen, and does love Bruce, but wants to seem cool, so he's not going to be all huggy with his dad.

He also said that originally, the Annual was going to be two stories, but King decided he wanted to do the second one as a special with Lee Weeks. Which is double confirmation of that, so I'm very excited.

Went to GalaxyCon today in Minneapolis, and got a chance to chat with Mike Norton about his pages of the Annual - he said he originally had ideas for the layouts, but King and his editor (Jamie Rich) were really insistent on the panelling (understandably, if you noticed the way it was laid out). He didn't seem to frustrated about it, since he said it clearly wasn't to overwhelm the panels with dialogue. I mentioned I especially loved the panel with Bruce hugging Tim, and he mentioned he wanted to show Tim sort of not into it, and we chatted about how Tim's a teen, and does love Bruce, but wants to seem cool, so he's not going to be all huggy with his dad.

He also said that originally, the Annual was going to be two stories, but King decided he wanted to do the second one as a special with Lee Weeks. Which is double confirmation of that, so I'm very excited.

I wonder what story does King have up his sleeve that he wants it as a special issue as opposed to integrating it into his Batman run proper or Bat/Cat?

Maybe more stuff with the Looney Tunes bar or maybe more future Bat/Cat stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I wonder what story does King have up his sleeve that he wants it as a special issue as opposed to integrating it into his Batman run proper or Bat/Cat?

Maybe more stuff with the Looney Tunes bar or maybe more future Bat/Cat stuff?
    On a podcast, King said it had to do with Batman in space.

On a podcast, King said it had to do with Batman in space.
    LOL, hell yeah.

I don't think we've had a far out Batman story from King yet

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    LOL, hell yeah.

I don't think we've had a far out Batman story from King yet
    With Lee Weeks art, I'm sure it's gonna be amazing.

BANNED

With Lee Weeks art, I'm sure it's gonna be amazing.
    Somehow I thought it was tied to saving Alfred (something about a rare mineral in space to save a life on earth) but that got chucked when editorial decided to keep Alfred dead

Decided to go through and make my own of what I consider to be the "complete" list of King's Batman run. I italicized all the stories and issues that are technically apart of the volume/run, even if he didn't have a hand in writing them. Also included the artists to show a comparison and consistency between how he utilizes the artist for each of the stories.

Rebirth #1 – Snyder, Janin
    #1-5 – I Am Gotham – Finch
    #6 – I Am Gotham: Epilogue – Reis
    #7-8 – Night Of The Monster Men – Orlando, Rossmo
    Nightwing #5-6 – Orlando, Seeley, Antonio
    Detective Comics #941-942 – Orlando, Tynion IV, MacDonald

#9-13 – I Am Suicide – Janin
    #14-15 – Rooftops – Gerads
    #16-20 – I Am Bane – Finch
    #21 – The Button – Fabok
    #The Flash #21-22 – Williamson, Fabok
    #22 – Williamson, Fabok

Annual #1 – Good Boy – Finch
    – Silent Night – Snyder, Fawkes, Shalvey
    – The Not So Silent Night Of The Harley Quinn – Dini, Adams
    – Stag – Orlando, Rossmo
    – The Insecurity Diversion – Wilson, Evely

Elmer Fudd Special #1 – Pway For Me – Weeks
    – Rabbit Season – Vaughns
    #23 – The Brave And The Mold – Gerads
    #24 – Every Epilogue Is A Prelude – Finch, Mann
    #25-26, 28-29, 31-32 – The War Of Jokes And Riddles – Janin
    #27, 30 – The Ballad Of Kite Man – Mann
    #33-35 – The Rules Of Engagement – Jones
    Annual #2 – Some Of These Days – Weeks, Lark
    #36-37 – Superfriends: Superman – Mann
    #38 – The Origin Of Bruce Wayne – Moore
    #39-40 – Superfriends: Wonder Woman – Jones
    #41-43 – Everyone Loves Ivy – Janin, Petrus (#43)
    #44 – Bride Or Burgular – Janin, Jones
    #45-47 – The Gift – Daniel
    DC Nation #0 – Your Big Day – Mann
    #48-49 – The Best Man – Janin
    #50 – The Wedding – Janin + guests
    #51-53 – Cold Days – Weeks
    #54 – The Better Man – Wagner
    Secret Files #1 – True Strength – Janin
    – The Nature Of Fear – Ram V, Fornes
    – One – Lynn Eaton, Casagrande
    – Enough – Bellaire, Thompson
    – The World’s Greatest Detective, And Batman – Taylor, Walker

Annual #3 – Father’s Day – Taylor, Schmidt
    #64-65 – The Price – Williamson, March
    The Flash #64-65 – Williamson, Sandoval

#55-57 – Beasts Of Burden – Daniel, Buckingham (#57)
    #58-60 – The Tyrant Wing – Janin, Fornes (#60)
    #61 – Knightmares: Suddenly Indeed – Moore
    #62 – Knightmares: Lost – Gerads
    #63 – Knightmares: Smoke And Mirrors – Janin
    #66 – Knightmares: Cat – Fornes
    #67 – Knightmares: All The Way Down – Weeks, Fornes
    #68 – Knightmares: Solitude – Conner, Panosian, Timms, Janin
    #69 – Knightmares: The Last Dance – Paquette
    #70-74 – The Fall And The Fallen – Janin, Fornes (#70-72)
    Secret Files #2 – If The Suit Fits – Kubert, Nahuelpan
    – He Helps Us – Kelly, Lanzing, D’Anda
    – Alone – Scott, Camuncoli
    – Doctor Of Psychiatric Medicine – Orlando, Risso
    – Alethephobia – Seeley, Gleason

#75-77 – City Of Bane – Daniel, Gerads (#75), Janin (#77)
    #78-79 – Mann
    #80-81 – Romita Jr., Gerads (#81)
    #82-85 – Janin
    Annual #4 – Everyday – Fornes, Norton
    Detective Comics #1000 – Batman’s Greatest Case – Daniel, Jones
    Weeks Special – Weeks
    Batman/Catwoman #1-12 – Mann