Page 93 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1591
  1. #1381
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I posted in the DC comics forum; but I wonder if there is some change up with Bat/Cat similar to Birds of Prey.

    I wonder if DC didn't want two versions of Batman running around the new Batman and King's Batman during the big event similar to Morrison's Batman and New 52 Batman.

    It makes me think they may make Bat/Cat into a Black Label book.
    At this point, I just want to read King's actual ending, even if they spin it off into Black Label or Elseworlds. I'd rather they didn't, but it's really frustrating.

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Hmmm, the lack of news on that was kind of strange too. I hope we find out what happened soon and its only been delayed a month or so.
    I hope so as well.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  2. #1382
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    At this point, I just want to read King's actual ending, even if they spin it off into Black Label or Elseworlds. I'd rather they didn't, but it's really frustrating.



    I hope so as well.
    I agree, it would be such a bummer if we never get King's vision for his Batman opus.

    I don't keep up with the industry rags, so I really do not understand how or why did King's original plans fall by the wayside.

  3. #1383
    Mighty Member marvelprince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I agree, it would be such a bummer if we never get King's vision for his Batman opus.

    I don't keep up with the industry rags, so I really do not understand how or why did King's original plans fall by the wayside.
    I don’t think there’s been an established reason. King said he’s got a lot of projects so one side said that DC is letting him do what Grant Morisson did when he launched Batman and Robin instead of just continuing his run in the main Batman title. It was made pretty clear then though that B&R was intended to be the new flagship book at the time and I’m not getting the same feeling with this. Another theory is that whatever status quo upsetting change he was proposing got knocked down and he had to scuttle some plans. And of course there are those who say he was fired due to dropping sales but his Batman is still a consistent seller and a top book so not sure how much credence to give those rumors.

  4. #1384
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I agree, it would be such a bummer if we never get King's vision for his Batman opus.

    I don't keep up with the industry rags, so I really do not understand how or why did King's original plans fall by the wayside.
    It was because DC hired him to co-write the New Gods movie, and doing that alongside all of his other projects (comics, TV, etc.), he couldn't keep up with a double shipping monthly as well, so they decided to take his final 15 issues and turn it into a 12 issue monthly. It also got pushed into the separate Batman/Catwoman because the main book is going to be used to set up whatever status quo they need Batman to be in for 2021 (the rumoured "black Batman" possibly).

    Either way, we're gonna find out eventually, I can easily say it is still happening. Based on alot of other elements in his recent works, I think he underestimates how long it takes him and especially the artists to get the issues out on time (which is why there's alot of fill-ins/recently Weeks' Annual story got delayed cause it wouldnt be finished in time), so they're probably still finishing it up.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Sonic The Hedgehog, Absolute Carnage, Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man, Gwenpool Strikes Back, Runaways, The White Trees

  5. #1385
    Incredible Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I don’t think there’s been an established reason. King said he’s got a lot of projects so one side said that DC is letting him do what Grant Morisson did when he launched Batman and Robin instead of just continuing his run in the main Batman title. It was made pretty clear then though that B&R was intended to be the new flagship book at the time and I’m not getting the same feeling with this. Another theory is that whatever status quo upsetting change he was proposing got knocked down and he had to scuttle some plans. And of course there are those who say he was fired due to dropping sales but his Batman is still a consistent seller and a top book so not sure how much credence to give those rumors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It was because DC hired him to co-write the New Gods movie, and doing that alongside all of his other projects (comics, TV, etc.), he couldn't keep up with a double shipping monthly as well, so they decided to take his final 15 issues and turn it into a 12 issue monthly. It also got pushed into the separate Batman/Catwoman because the main book is going to be used to set up whatever status quo they need Batman to be in for 2021 (the rumoured "black Batman" possibly).

    Either way, we're gonna find out eventually, I can easily say it is still happening. Based on alot of other elements in his recent works, I think he underestimates how long it takes him and especially the artists to get the issues out on time (which is why there's alot of fill-ins/recently Weeks' Annual story got delayed cause it wouldnt be finished in time), so they're probably still finishing it up.
    Interesting, I wonder why couldn't DC just allow him to write the Batman book monthly as opposed to having Tynion on the Batman book and King on Bat/Cat?

    I wonder if they wanted a new status quo so when "The Batman" film is about to hit theaters the comics can have the triumphant return of Bruce Wayne?

  6. #1386
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Interesting, I wonder why couldn't DC just allow him to write the Batman book monthly as opposed to having Tynion on the Batman book and King on Bat/Cat?

    I wonder if they wanted a new status quo so when "The Batman" film is about to hit theaters the comics can have the triumphant return of Bruce Wayne?
    What King said in podcast interviews is that DC wants the leadup to Batman #100 to be more "big action movie crossover" instead of "quiet dark character romance". At least, that was my takeaway.
    Last edited by millernumber1; 10-21-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  7. #1387
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    205

    Default

    I really wish somebody would speak up and tell us what's going on with this. Is it still coming in January or not?

  8. #1388
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I really wish somebody would speak up and tell us what's going on with this. Is it still coming in January or not?
    I agree. But I think last time (in May) we had this kind of frustrating drama, it took about a week for DC to actually make the announcement. I think this will take at least as long. So I hope to hear something by Friday.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  9. #1389
    Mighty Member marvelprince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    What Kind said in podcast interviews is that DC wants the leadup to Batman #100 to be more "big action movie crossover" instead of "quiet dark character romance". At least, that was my takeaway.
    I get that. I was into the dark character romance though so as long as I get to see that continue elsewhere. I'm also wondering if whatever status quo King intended for Bruce and Selina is going to also be reflected in the main books. I'm not expecting an actual wedding at this point (though I would love that) but I was hopeful for the continuation of the romance.

  10. #1390
    Reader of Stuff Hilden B. Lade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...95324077322240

    Tom confirms that Bat/Cat has been delayed to give Mann time to draw the entire series.

  11. #1391
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I get that. I was into the dark character romance though so as long as I get to see that continue elsewhere. I'm also wondering if whatever status quo King intended for Bruce and Selina is going to also be reflected in the main books. I'm not expecting an actual wedding at this point (though I would love that) but I was hopeful for the continuation of the romance.
    I'm totally into the dark character romance too. As I've said, I don't really care if it's in continuity at this point as long as we get it - I would prefer it to be in continuity, but at this point, I'm so frustrated with DC that I just want them to publish it so I can enjoy it, and I don't really like having a wider conversation about continuity and quality since the discussions are dominated by rage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...95324077322240

    Tom confirms that Bat/Cat has been delayed to give Mann time to draw the entire series.
    That's very good news. Wish DC had given him the okay to post that on Friday or Thursday. Ugh. So many screwups that are completely avoidable.

    King's tweets: "While working on the initial issues of Bat/Cat, @Clay_Mann_ and I started to realize we might have something good here, a Mister Miracle or a Vision in the world of Batman, an attempt to do what Frank did with DKR, a defining of the characters. 1/3.

    But to accomplish something that ambitious requires a minimizing of compromises. DKR did not have fill in artists. So Clay offered to do the whole thing, at 22 pages, but he’d of course need time. When the best artist in comics says “let’s do it right,” you don’t say no. 2/3

    But all that means that Bat/Cat is pushed back a bit, which is why it’s not in the January solicits. The first scripts are in; Clay’s drawing them now; they look gorgeous; I, hopefully like you, can’t wait for this one to be out. Thank you all for your patience. 3/3"

    I also hope that this means maybe his Batman Special with Lee Weeks will be released in February to tide us over.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  12. #1392
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Wait, the entire series is 22 pages? That doesn't sound like 12 issues, unless each issue is 1-2 pages.

  13. #1393
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Wait, the entire series is 22 pages? That doesn't sound like 12 issues, unless each issue is 1-2 pages.
    haha. 22 pages per issue. King's been writing Batman at 20 pages per issue.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  14. #1394
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    haha. 22 pages per issue. King's been writing Batman at 20 pages per issue.
    Oh, okay. Lol. I misunderstood.

  15. #1395
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,534

    Default

    The fact that Mann having a fill-in artist was originally considered is bonkers. It's a 12 issue series, keep glad they're keeping it consistent.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •