Page 60 of 134 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge95 View Post
    Help us Dan Didio, you're our only hope.

Incredible Member

Again, I really wish DC would fucking SAY something about this. It's been three days of nothing. Tell us if we get the ending or not.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Again, I really wish DC would fucking SAY something about this. It's been three days of nothing. Tell us if we get the ending or not.
    Yup. I'm right there with you.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by kevink31593 View Post
    Alan Grant wrote Batman continuously from 1987-1998, but he bounced from Detective Comics, to Batman, to Shadow of the Bat during that time. He only wrote the “flagship” Batman title briefly, but he still had an impressive run in my opinion.

Detective Comics #583-597, 601-621, 627, 641-642 (39 issues)
    Batman #455-466, 470-476, 479-480 (20 issues)
    Shadow of the Bat #1-82, #0, #1,000,000 (84 issues)

That’s 143 issues of regular monthly Batman comics, not even counting annuals, specials, miniseries, etc.
    Denny stood by his guys, you don't see that today.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Denny stood by his guys, you don't see that today.
    100 issues of Azrael.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yup. I'm right there with you.
    As am I. When the news dropped Wednesday it was a sad visit to my LCS. I was on the verge of dropping almost all the DC titles I typically get because my favorite title was being cut short.

I don't believe that boycotts work in these cases and, if I do drop a bunch of books (still very likely), it won't be to make a statement or to express anger. It would be from a loss of interest.

I was already on the verge of doing such a thing because I'm a DCU subscriber and I can wait a year to read most of the books on my pull list. My enthusiasm for a few titles, mostly King's Batman, was driving my eagerness to be up on most of what's happening in the DCU. Knowing this run is being cut off at the knees takes all the wind out of those sails.

I'm not going to make a move this way until I know what's really going on but I've been in a sort of mourning since Wednesday. Though picking up new comics every Wednesday is one of the highlights of my every week, I've never let what's happening in any comic book affect my mood. This is honestly the first time it's happened in almost 50 years. So yeah, I'm pretty hungry for some clarification.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...at-cat-romance

Good news, everyone!

King and Clay Mann are teaming up for a twelve-issue Batman/Catwoman to follow up his early exit from Batman!

Mann doing "monthly" art. Hopefully with 6 months lead-in he can do the whole thing this time.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 05-24-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

Good news, everyone!

King and Clay Mann are teaming up for a twelve-issue Batman/Catwoman to follow up his early exit from Batman!
    This is fantastic news. Thank goodness!!

Good news, everyone!

Thank you for posting. This is such a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    This is fantastic news. Thank goodness!!
    Thank God. I'm so relieved. You have no idea. And it's Clay Mann! I'm so excited for that!

Mighty Member

This always seemed like the most likely solution. Well, except moving Batman (and 'Tec?) back to once monthly shipping. I guess DC hates making money or something.

Given the lead time King has, plus the mini, I assume the difference between the planned 105 issues and the 97 he'll be getting (plus maybe an annual) should let him tell something close to the story he wanted to tell about how he wanted to tell it.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Good news, everyone!

So there's the confirmation. Now I just really wanna know, especially with them having a cover, when exactly this decision was decided, especially in relation to those previous interviews. Also want to know how he feels he'll be 8 issues off from his 100 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    So there's the confirmation. Now I just really wanna know, especially with them having a cover, when exactly this decision was decided, especially in relation to those previous interviews. Also want to know how he feels he'll be 8 issues off from his 100 issues.
    I'll take the loss of 8 issues over the loss of 20. And Clay Mann is a huge bonus. Maybe the page count will be a little higher? Regardless, I'm passing happy.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I'll take the loss of 8 issues over the loss of 20. And Clay Mann is a huge bonus. Maybe the page count will be a little higher? Regardless, I'm passing happy.
    Im so happy we will get the end of his run! even if it is somewhat shortened. the loss of 8 issues will hopefully just be filler gone but still a shame we will never get to see it

Good news, everyone!

Cool. I’ll support this for King (and Mann, of course!) but I meant what I said about canceling all my other DC pulls. I just can’t condone this kind of behavior towards creators in good conscience.

I’m sure that means nothing to Harras and co., but it means something to me lol.