Page 78 of 134 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I've noticed King doesn't write them ever fighting or anything, so I'm actually not surprised that it seems like they're back together with even talking about what happened. But I need Selina to figure out that this was all part of Bane's plan in the first place. Shouldn't she know what Holly did?
    I found the interaction between Bruce and Selina to be pretty realistic and true to real-life relationships. The pain can sort itself out later, what is important right now is their need for each other. Thats how it goes down, reconciliation is an emotional thing first, a mental thing later.

This issue was pretty amazing, I thought. Maybe the best King has done all year.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://www.instagram.com/p/B14CuUIHjq7/

Clay Mann art tease for 78.

It was a boat...

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

It was a boat...
    Damn that's beautiful
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

It was a boat...
    Mann doesn't disappoint. Wow .

I don't remember if we were allowed to post any sort of spoilers in here, but Bleeding Cool just dropped some "news" that seems to indicate that some of King's pitch I originally assumed was scratched may be back in play. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...-black-batman/
    spoilers:
    King had talked about wanting to write a Black Batman and the public reaction to that, but that perhaps fans weren't ready for it. Well now, BC seems to think it may be happening. Though now I doubt King will write it, and they also said it won't be Duke, who I thought was a lock. I still expect King to set this up in either his final issues or in Bat/Cat
    end of spoilers
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I don't remember if we were allowed to post any sort of spoilers in here, but Bleeding Cool just dropped some "news" that seems to indicate that some of King's pitch I originally assumed was scratched may be back in play. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...-black-batman/
    spoilers:
    King had talked about wanting to write a Black Batman and the public reaction to that, but that perhaps fans weren't ready for it. Well now, BC seems to think it may be happening. Though now I doubt King will write it, and they also said it won't be Duke, who I thought was a lock. I still expect King to set this up in either his final issues or in Bat/Cat
    end of spoilers
    King does like to pitch/write stories others have done before. Stan Lee imagines Batman. If not Duke maybe Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    King does like to pitch/write stories others have done before. Stan Lee imagines Batman. If not Duke maybe Luke.
    What are other instances of this?

As per speculation, someone on Reddit suggested that it could be the spoilers:
    new Rorschach
    end of spoilers, which Rich Johnston decided that he liked enough that he may swipe it. I personally would like it to be spoilers:
    Black Lightning. I think it might be good from an optics perspective given the recent comments by his creator, and he's earned it with his recent role in Batman and the Outsiders mentoring some of the ancillary Bat-Fam.
    end of spoilers
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

new Rorschach
    end of spoilers, which Rich Johnston decided that he liked enough that he may swipe it. I personally would like it to be spoilers:
    Black Lightning. I think it might be good from an optics perspective given the recent comments by his creator, and he's earned it with his recent role in Batman and the Outsiders mentoring some of the ancillary Bat-Fam.
    end of spoilers
    Super friends Diana's arc was an old Superman arc, Knightfall, Morrison's homage to the silver and golden age, leaving KGBeast for dead.

spoilers:
    I didn't even think about Jeff. Yeah he would make a good replacement and he has been highlighted working closely with Batman recently.

Rorschach seems like an odd choice
    end of spoilers

new Rorschach
    end of spoilers
    Eh...

spoilers:
    I think the last thing Jefferson needs is to actually become Batman. He's only really started gaining traction again as Black Lightning and of any character I think he would want absolutely nothing to do with the Batman identity and, beyond the Outsiders, he doesn't really have much Batman ties.

Luke Fox would make more sense then Black Lightning.
    end of spoilers

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

That seems really out of nowhere.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That seems really out of nowhere.
    King had said that it was part of his original pitch to have a spoilers:
    Black Batman
    end of spoilers so I have to wonder if this is part of his master plan or not. It has been said that everything following the end of King's run will tie into ongoing events, so it is also probable that is could be a tie to Doomsday Clock and he has no say in it. After all, I do believe he originally shifted his mind on the idea. And we really haven't seen King set any of the groundwork for this in his run.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

King had said that it was part of his original pitch to have a spoilers:
    Black Batman
    end of spoilers so I have to wonder if this is part of his master plan or not. It has been said that everything following the end of King's run will tie into ongoing events, so it is also probable that is could be a tie to Doomsday Clock and he has no say in it. After all, I do believe he originally shifted his mind on the idea. And we really haven't seen King set any of the groundwork for this in his run.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it were part of his original pitch, but it has not been setup, unless maybe the Wonder Woman two-issue arc was setup. But that isn't really strong enough setup for me to buy it. As you say - no groundwork.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I feel like no matter if this happens or not, I don't know how much it would be effected or built up in King's run, because even though he may have initially pitched up the concept, there's nothing really in his work at all that would appear to be heading in this direction.

You could look through other books, like New Rorsarch, Duke, Black Lightning, etc., and can see where that would go, but there's nothing in King's work that indicates that's where he's headed.

And when it comes to information like this through BC, its best to take some of it with a grain of salt. They were the ones who broke the him leaving Batman story, while also incorrectly stating he was fired.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it were part of his original pitch, but it has not been setup, unless maybe the Wonder Woman two-issue arc was setup. But that isn't really strong enough setup for me to buy it. As you say - no groundwork.
    Maybe he calls for a return of favor from the Gentle Man during his honeymoon. Interesting idea.

Incredible Member

Maybe he calls for a return of favor from the Gentle Man during his honeymoon. Interesting idea.
    Batman & Catwoman go fight the horde together, as a thousand-year honeymoon of sorts, while the Gentle Man fills in for him in Gotham? I could see that.