Page 64 of 134 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    King posted a tease for City of Bane:
    Looks really cool! This reminds me that in I Am Bane, Alfred was exposed to Psycho Pirate! I wonder if that's why he's behaving so oddly now!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Psycho Pirate, man. So i'm guessing this issue is going to reveal more past history, how things all went down to get to this point. I'm on board, its better than yet more confusing stories that we have to guess about.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://ew.com/books/2019/06/13/batm...omic-tom-king/

New article about King's plans for Batman and Catwoman in City of Bane.

spoilers:
    They'll be reuniting as early as #75.
    end of spoilers

Based on King's wording about Bat/Cat #12 taking Batman #100's place as the biggest comic he'll ever write, I have a feeling that if there's a marriage, it's going to happen there instead of in Batman #85.

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Based on King's wording about Bat/Cat #12 taking Batman #100's place as the biggest comic he'll ever write, I have a feeling that if there's a marriage, it's going to happen there instead of in Batman #85.
    Agreed, which annoys me. If he ENDS his run with a marriage, there is really ZERO guarantee that a new person will continue that and we'll get to see them actually being married.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

So there's the confirmation, King left the book because of New Gods and his TV project.

He has said in the previous interview, and insinuates in this, that #85 was gonna be his big "Change everything" moment, so that's why it feels more likely something like that would happen in 85, so that Bat/Cat can be the "honeymoon" phase, and then I can see Bat/Cat #12 being some sort of reflection to their relationship as a whole ala issues like Annual #2.

(Also the fact that he says that final issue will have the same artist as his initial plan for 100 makes me think that it may not be Mann and someone else, possibly Finch?)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    So there's the confirmation, King left the book because of New Gods and his TV project.

He has said in the previous interview, and insinuates in this, that #85 was gonna be his big "Change everything" moment, so that's why it feels more likely something like that would happen in 85, so that Bat/Cat can be the "honeymoon" phase, and then I can see Bat/Cat #12 being some sort of reflection to their relationship as a whole ala issues like Annual #2.

(Also the fact that he says that final issue will have the same artist as his initial plan for 100 makes me think that it may not be Mann and someone else, possibly Finch?)
    Actually, it sounds to me like he's saying in this interview that the big "game changing moment" is happening at the END of the Bat/Cat series. So I guess if he'd stayed on Batman it would have happened right at the very end there too, like in #100 or something.

Whatever it is, if it happens that late, I don't see how that could stick or have this "generation changing" impact he's talking about. If he's not there to write it, if he just leaves it on a big shocking moment, that could so easily be undone very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Actually, it sounds to me like he's saying in this interview that the big "game changing moment" is happening at the END of the Bat/Cat series. So I guess if he'd stayed on Batman it would have happened right at the very end there too, like in #100 or something.

Whatever it is, if it happens that late, I don't see how that could stick or have this "generation changing" impact he's talking about. If he's not there to write it, if he just leaves it on a big shocking moment, that could so easily be undone very quickly.
    Considering that he said #85 was going to be the BIG change back before the Bat/Cat reveal, with the following 15 issues exploring that change, and how he says Bat/Cat #12 is basically what his #100 was supposed to be, sounds to me like there's going to be 2 big changes, leaving it open for a wedding first and then something else grand at the end, or even vice versa.

Incredible Member

I looked at the September solicits and it's weird to me that the Catwoman book is going to continue to completely ignore what's happening in the Batman book altogether. Are they gonna say everything happening with Selina in that is taking place before what's going on in City of Bane?

I looked at the September solicits and it's weird to me that the Catwoman book is going to continue to completely ignore what's happening in the Batman book altogether. Are they gonna say everything happening with Selina in that is taking place before what's going on in City of Bane?
    Considering that we also have Detective Comics, Batman And The Outsiders, and Justice League also going on, each with Batman in it, seemingly not referencing City Of Bane at all, the Catwoman book not doing it yet isn't a huge surprise.

What I do think is really interesting about this is, so these two issues are being referred to as a "City Of Bane Interlude" and are drawn by Clay Mann. And if you may recall, sometime within the past year or so King had tweeted out a tease of a script for a new Kite Man story, and while I forget what the exact number on the page was, I do remember it was in the middle of City Of Bane. So now I'm wondering if that may still be happening, or if at some point got replaced with this. Supposedly City Of Bane was gonna be 8 issues + 3 epilogues and is now just going for the full 11, so we'll see how much that changes things or not.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Considering that we also have Detective Comics, Batman And The Outsiders, and Justice League also going on, each with Batman in it, seemingly not referencing City Of Bane at all, the Catwoman book not doing it yet isn't a huge surprise.

What I do think is really interesting about this is, so these two issues are being referred to as a "City Of Bane Interlude" and are drawn by Clay Mann. And if you may recall, sometime within the past year or so King had tweeted out a tease of a script for a new Kite Man story, and while I forget what the exact number on the page was, I do remember it was in the middle of City Of Bane. So now I'm wondering if that may still be happening, or if at some point got replaced with this. Supposedly City Of Bane was gonna be 8 issues + 3 epilogues and is now just going for the full 11, so we'll see how much that changes things or not.
    I guess, but they HAVE referenced Bruce and Selina's break-up in the Catwoman book and her leaving him, etc. So it appears to be happening alongside the Batman stuff, so I just wondered once Selina's back in Gotham (which will be soon apparently), will the timelines then diverge or is her solo stuff all then occurring before she goes back?

I guess, but they HAVE referenced Bruce and Selina's break-up in the Catwoman book and her leaving him, etc. So it appears to be happening alongside the Batman stuff, so I just wondered once Selina's back in Gotham (which will be soon apparently), will the timelines then diverge or is her solo stuff all then occurring before she goes back?
    I think its safe to assume the Catwoman book will catch up to the present by the end of City Of Bane, because time wise it does make sense that everything happening in her book could still be happening before she shows up in CoB, and of course the book will still be going on by the time Bat/Cat starts, so they're gonna have to change it up to accommodate it in some way anyway.

Incredible Member

King had actually said last September that he and Joelle were working on building up to her return to Gotham, and that it would be part of Joelle's Catwoman story too.

Not sure if that's been completely dumped or what, because certainly nothing has been happening in Catwoman to indicate anything about that at all.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Well after months of teasing, we finally know who's in the coffin in those "Fall & The Fallen" panels:

spoilers:
    It's Martha, with Thomas Bats planning to use a Lazarus Pit to resurrect her. Bruce Bats seems to be going along with it, but it's not clear if it's genuine as a result his being broken by Bane or playing along as part of a gambit to turn the tide yet
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

King had actually said last September that he and Joelle were working on building up to her return to Gotham, and that it would be part of Joelle's Catwoman story too.
    I really don't see that happening. Jones is in the middle of her own arc with Selina who hasn't shown any plans/desire/need to return to Gotham. And she seems to be starting a new relationship with someone else which feels very conflicting with King's plans. And considering Catwoman is monthly, it is quite nearly impossible for this to be the case given her slated return in Batman isn't that far away, ESPECIALLY given how slowly paced the Catwoman book has been.

I forsee it being a "the books are taking place at different times" situation. And I don't much trust King when it comes to interviews anyway, he too often promises and doesn't deliver.

Well after months of teasing, we finally know who's in the coffin in those "Fall & The Fallen" panels:

spoilers:
    It's Martha, with Thomas Bats planning to use a Lazarus Pit to resurrect her. Bruce Bats seems to be going along with it, but it's not clear if it's genuine as a result his being broken by Bane or playing along as part of a gambit to turn the tide yet
    end of spoilers
    Small correction... He plans to use a Nain Pit, an entirely new concept and (to me) a thrilling development. CBR home page has a great article about it...

https://www.cbr.com/batman-lazarus-nain-pit/