Page 83 of 134 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, I don't wanna get too off track. We're all about the King here, and we do have a dedicated Steph thread.

I'm very excited for Batman 79 next week. I didn't dig the delays of 78, but getting two in a row is pretty sweet.
    Theirs another issue next week! YAS!

Whats your prediction for how the next few issues pan out.

I'm guessing he will rally his family in 80 or 81. Im very looking forward to them all battering bane.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    The last two solicits of King's Batman run are out. Im super hyped.

I also absolutely love this cover! Bagsy it as profile pic!

Attachment 87031
    It really, really, really stinks that King can’t bring Dick back for the triumphant moment considering he played an important part of the fall. It’s a piece not coming back together.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It really, really, really stinks that King can’t bring Dick back for the triumphant moment considering he played an important part of the fall. It’s a piece not coming back together.
    maybe he will come back in Batman/Catwoman

This is the moneyshot. Right here. BatCat will likely focus on the couple. This is the triumph over Bane. The whole crowd.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Theirs another issue next week! YAS!

Whats your prediction for how the next few issues pan out.

I'm guessing he will rally his family in 80 or 81. Im very looking forward to them all battering bane.
    I think King said that 81 is where the Batfam really start getting together.

My prediction - hopefully Bat and Cat will come to some form of understanding going forward in 79, then the next few issues will be a revelation of how Bane and Flashpoint Batman's relationship is really working, and I think Scarface will be key to how it's unravelled.

Yeah. I'm still mad that editorial or whoever decided that King's idea for Tim to help Dick in his own title was nixed. It could have been a nice five or six issue arc, then Tim could go off to Young Justice. But no. Ric. Sigh.

This is the moneyshot. Right here. BatCat will likely focus on the couple. This is the triumph over Bane. The whole crowd.
    I think Bat/Cat will probably have one or two Batfam interactions, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Yeah. I'm still mad that editorial or whoever decided that King's idea for Tim to help Dick in his own title was nixed. It could have been a nice five or six issue arc, then Tim could go off to Young Justice. But no. Ric. Sigh.
    That was never a pitched idea. It was just King saying in a podcast what he would have done if he had the time/interest in doing it. It was never something DC rejected. King's only involvement was shooting Dick in the head and then throwing the story over to editorial to sort out. He didn't care if they ignored it or undid it in the next issue with a Zatanna spell but he was going to shoot Dick in the head regardless. That is all he cared about. The original pitch from Percy was that Dick was going to suffer from vertigo after getting shot, we even got a solicit of it, but then that was suddenly scrapped for the amnesia plot with Lobdell coming on the book with Percy leaving after one issue.

If King actually wanted to write a story and follow up with what happened to Dick after he got shot he had the pull to write it, but he didn't have any interest in doing it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Why would Dick come back in BatCat? He has nothing to do with their relationship except as Bruce's therapist that he didn't listen.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-13-2019 at 05:05 PM.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

While browsing on Amazon, I saw that they had City of Bane listed as a hardcover and as a Part 1. Pretty annoying that DC seems to be doing the thing they did for Snyder's run where the longer stories were split into two trades, to squeeze out more sales I guess.

Though Knightmares was also originally listed as a hardcover and then cancelled + changed to a paperback when DC officially solicited it, so I'm half expecting the same to happen for the City of Bane trade(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    While browsing on Amazon, I saw that they had City of Bane listed as a hardcover and as a Part 1. Pretty annoying that DC seems to be doing the thing they did for Snyder's run where the longer stories were split into two trades, to squeeze out more sales I guess.

Though Knightmares was also originally listed as a hardcover and then cancelled + changed to a paperback when DC officially solicited it, so I'm half expecting the same to happen for the City of Bane trade(s).
    Interesting. I wish DC would do the 3 month thing for trades, but nope. More like 6 months.

Though since City of Bane is gonna be about 12 issue counting the Annual, it makes sense to split it up.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I was searching to see if there was a preview of the next issue yet and I accidentally landed on the first Batman #79.

The name of the story, emblazoned on the cover, is "The Bride of Batman." Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I was searching to see if there was a preview of the next issue yet and I accidentally landed on the first Batman #79.

The name of the story, emblazoned on the cover, is "The Bride of Batman." Coincidence?
    Interesting! Checking out the summary, I doubt it, but it's kind of a funny coincidence. I should tweet at Tom King to tease him about that!

Interesting! Checking out the summary, I doubt it, but it's kind of a funny coincidence. I should tweet at Tom King to tease him about that!
    Do it! I'd love to see his response.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Do it! I'd love to see his response.
    Done, though I don't usually get responses from him.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-batman...-selina-bruce/

So the preview of 79 confirms via editor's note that 78 and 79 takes place before 77. Well, I guess this'll reignite our debate about whether these issues should've been placed before 77 or not. :P

I wonder if the trade might actually reorder the issues around - I just checked my trade of I am Bane and it places 24 (the proposal) right after the main storyline and before 23's Brave and the Mold instead of going in order of publication.

I really wonder what Gotham Girl's fate is going to be.

I could see her killing Thomas or atleast banishing him into another dimension but I still wonder when and if she will marry Duke.
    My fantasy/hope is that she gets completely depowered and becomes a new Oracle. But her death would be ok too.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.