Page 114 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1999
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    I think that's right. And I do think he will have a moment where he shows his growth to Thomas — perhaps illustrating that Thomas's view of Batman is it's a curse, whereas for Bruce, Batman is just who he is. He's Batman because he's Batman.
    That's an intriguing idea. I personally hope that it's a bit more in line with marrying Selina, but that's me
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

An opportunity's presented itself where I can acquire King's Batman run as individual issues, which I'd very much prefer to paperback (which I've been collecting up through Snyder's run).

So long as I don't really need to read anything outside the main Batman series, I'd like to pull the trigger. Would I be okay JUST reading King's Batman? Or would I need to collect Detective Comics & other Batfamily books to get the whole picture?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    An opportunity's presented itself where I can acquire King's Batman run as individual issues, which I'd very much prefer to paperback (which I've been collecting up through Snyder's run).

So long as I don't really need to read anything outside the main Batman series, I'd like to pull the trigger. Would I be okay JUST reading King's Batman? Or would I need to collect Detective Comics & other Batfamily books to get the whole picture?
    King's run technically crosses over 3 times - the Monster Men arc with Nightwing and 'Tec (4 extra issues to track down - its it's a fun story but it just clears up one plot point from Batman that you can probably figure out), The Button (2 issues of Flash - absolutely essential that you read this story) and The Price (2 issues of Flash with a story that hasn't been referenced since). I don't think reading anything else will increases your appreciation or lack thereof for King's run.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    King's run technically crosses over 3 times - the Monster Men arc with Nightwing and 'Tec (4 extra issues to track down - its it's a fun story but it just clears up one plot point from Batman that you can probably figure out), The Button (2 issues of Flash - absolutely essential that you read this story) and The Price (2 issues of Flash with a story that hasn't been referenced since). I don't think reading anything else will increases your appreciation or lack thereof for King's run.
    Agreed. King's run is very self contained outside of those crossovers.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Went for it. I'm excited to get reading.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Went for it. I'm excited to get reading.
    Awesome! We're going to be doing a reread together starting in January, if you want to read along with us!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Awesome! We're going to be doing a reread together starting in January, if you want to read along with us!
    That's perfect because by the time I finish the end of Snyder's run and the other New 52 stuff it'll be close to January. I'm in!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Agreed. King's run is very self contained outside of those crossovers.
    What about Heroes in Crisis or Prelude to The Wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What about Heroes in Crisis or Prelude to The Wedding?
    Other than a brief mention of Sanctuary, and the HiC Flash tie-in crossover (which he didn't even write), Heroes In Crisis doesn't really connect to or effect the main book, so its easy not to include it from the rest of the run. Same with Preludes to The Wedding, which are fun are on their own, but don't really impact the main book in any meaningful way (and also include alot of continuity errors between the two). The only really wedding prelude I feel is necessary to include is Your Big Day from DC Nation #0.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Other than a brief mention of Sanctuary, and the HiC Flash tie-in crossover (which he didn't even write), Heroes In Crisis doesn't really connect to or effect the main book, so its easy not to include it from the rest of the run. Same with Preludes to The Wedding, which are fun are on their own, but don't really impact the main book in any meaningful way (and also include alot of continuity errors between the two). The only really wedding prelude I feel is necessary to include is Your Big Day from DC Nation #0.
    Just finished rereading issue 50, I didn't realize Skeets was with the group of villains; I wonder if Heroes in Crisis was supposed to play on that? Or is that another jettisoned storyline?

Just finished rereading issue 50, I didn't realize Skeets was with the group of villains; I wonder if Heroes in Crisis was supposed to play on that? Or is that another jettisoned storyline?
    I think The Gift is where Skeets is supposed to play out.

I think The Gift is where Skeets is supposed to play out.
    Yeah, according to Thomas in #72, Bane got Riddler to reprogram Skeets so that he would send Booster to that bad future so that he would then tell Batman & Catwoman, and then lead her to doubt herself, etc. (kinda a tad convoluted, to be honest)

Yeah, according to Thomas in #72, Bane got Riddler to reprogram Skeets so that he would send Booster to that bad future so that he would then tell Batman & Catwoman, and then lead her to doubt herself, etc. (kinda a tad convoluted, to be honest)
    A Tom King plot, convoluted? You don't say!

I swear King's run cannot be read as they are published you will miss so much; I am happy about the re-read coming up in January. This run begs to be read in huge chunks

I swear King's run cannot be read as they are published you will miss so much; I am happy about the re-read coming up in January. This run begs to be read in huge chunks
    That is true. I think there is a lot to be gained by reading as a King series comes out, but they do read exceptionally well as a whole.