Page 134 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134
Results 1,996 to 1,999 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm enjoying it quite a bit! It's not quite at the level of power as the main Batman run for me, but I love the extrapolation into the future it takes, and the art by both Mann and Sharp is wonderful. Definitely give it a try!
    Thanks!!! I also have to buy The Green Lantern Season Two some time this year, so it seems I will finish 2021 with a lot of comicbooks drawn by Liam Sharp, which is great!
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I finally got to read Batman/Catwoman #1 and... I NEED MORE!!!

I knew beforehand that Tom King decided to use time-jumps in an abrupt way as a narrative mechanism, so I was prepared to notice the differences between timelines and, with that in mind, the comic flows well imo. It has enough twists to keep me engaged in the story. I like to see some of that old friendship between Selina and Joker that was referenced way back in the main Batman title, just before "the wedding".

Clay Mann does an amazing job, and he seems the perfect fit for this superhero comicbook that has a high level of sexyness. Tomeu Morey in colors is amazing, as always

I'm looking forward for the next couple of issues that should arrive the next week to my country (shipping's dates are a mess currently)
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I finally got to read Batman/Catwoman #1 and... I NEED MORE!!!

I knew beforehand that Tom King decided to use time-jumps in an abrupt way as a narrative mechanism, so I was prepared to notice the differences between timelines and, with that in mind, the comic flows well imo. It has enough twists to keep me engaged in the story. I like to see some of that old friendship between Selina and Joker that was referenced way back in the main Batman title, just before "the wedding".

Clay Mann does an amazing job, and he seems the perfect fit for this superhero comicbook that has a high level of sexyness. Tomeu Morey in colors is amazing, as always

I'm looking forward for the next couple of issues that should arrive the next week to my country (shipping's dates are a mess currently)
    Ooh, nice! So glad you are enjoying it! I also really liked the connection to the Best Man arc, really makes it feel like it's actually part of Tom King's overall plan, even though it's also very distinct in many ways.

Clay Mann's work is really stunning indeed - there's so much detail and richness in composition.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I read issue #2; it has a slow pace, but I'm super intrigued by the Phantasm story in the "present", and I wonder where the "future" arc will go next, with Joker dead. I know Helena shows up in the book, but I don't know what she will deal with. I need more on the "past" storyline to know where it's headed and if it's on the same level than the other 2. I guess something will happen between Selina and Joker, that leads Selina to take a morally ambiguos action. Overall, I'm having a blast, but I wish I could get a little more of each storyline. Looking forward for issue #3