Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Yeah but there's also the opposite to him being a jerk to those around him where Batfamily members are constantly crapping on him, berating him and being made out to be better than him. There's a reason a lot of fans have a problem with Detective and it's because they feel it's become the "Batman sucks and the writers pet Batfamily member is better" book. That's the reason I can't stand books where he's with the Batfamily because I know he's going to be portrayed as some villainous A hole who some precious little Batfamily member is going to put in his place.
    I don't know what's on Detective Comics since I don't read it, but what I know is fans of the bat family also don't like it when he's portrayed as an abusive a-hole, because then usually the bat family is the victim. Like the number of times Bruce punched Dick and refused to apologize, or how many Robins died to fuel angst in a Batman story, which they blame on the Robin for not following orders. So you all are actually on the same boat.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-16-2018 at 12:40 AM.