Page 48 of 134 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Here's another brand new interview with King: https://www.cbr.com/interview-tom-king-breaks-batman/

He again reiterates that the whole arc is about two things- Bane is evil and Batman loves Catwoman, which come back around until the end. That's why I do think he's going to marry Bruce and Selina for real in the end.

When is Selina supposed to come back? Is it issue #75?
    Last edited by lilyrose; 05-15-2019 at 09:53 AM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Here's another brand new interview with King: https://www.cbr.com/interview-tom-king-breaks-batman/

He again reiterates that the whole arc is about two things- Bane is evil and Batman loves Catwoman, which come back around until the end. That's why I do think he's going to marry Bruce and Selina for real in the end.

When is Selina supposed to come back? Is it issue #75?
    Awesome interview! Sounds like King has heard the complaints about Nightwing, but says he can't control what the writers and editors do on the book.

I don't think we've heard when Selina's actually coming back. I personally think it's not going to be 75 - that seems too early, given how her story and Batman's stories are going, but maybe? I just don't think we should plan on it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I think 75 will be the big shift. The Turning Point from Bruce's lowest moment to his eventual recovery and beating Bane.

I expect that this issue would be the last we see of the Batfamily in King's run, I think once Batman starts recovering he will rally his family to his side again but this time won't push them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I think 75 will be the big shift. The Turning Point from Bruce's lowest moment to his eventual recovery and beating Bane.

I expect that this issue would be the last we see of the Batfamily in King's run, I think once Batman starts recovering he will rally his family to his side again but this time won't push them away.
    I hope so! I want to see King write a similar issue to Grayson #12, where Dick comes home, and forms new bonds with his family after he broke them.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

Oh, I thought I'd heard she was coming back in 75. Did King not say something about that earlier?

Huh.

ETA- okay, it was this article that made me think she'd be back in 75: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...tony-s-daniel/

sounds like something will happen that has to do with her, esp if it's setting up for the end.
    Last edited by lilyrose; 05-15-2019 at 10:25 AM.

All we know about #75 right now is that Lex Luthor will make Bane some kind of offer that might completely change his plans. But I really hope that this title is kept free of all the Year of the Villains monkey business with Source-Wall Girl.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I hope so! I want to see King write a similar issue to Grayson #12, where Dick comes home, and forms new bonds with his family after he broke them.
    same - I think it is very likely we will see something like that!

Also Tom King's batfamily is pretty much my ideal line up! Depending on how it all turns out, I really hope we get to see them all in Batburger or something.

Oh, I thought I'd heard she was coming back in 75. Did King not say something about that earlier?

Huh.

ETA- okay, it was this article that made me think she'd be back in 75: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...tony-s-daniel/

sounds like something will happen that has to do with her, esp if it's setting up for the end.
    I never, ever trust that site. And I don't want Catwoman fans to get excited for something I don't think will happen.

same - I think it is very likely we will see something like that!

Also Tom King's batfamily is pretty much my ideal line up! Depending on how it all turns out, I really hope we get to see them all in Batburger or something.
    Needs more Spoiler

But yeah, I loved the family page in this one.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If that’s the case, I really hope King spends some time rebuilding those connections with the family instead of giving a throw away line or hem just showing up and pretending nothing happened.

Incredible Member

I never, ever trust that site. And I don't want Catwoman fans to get excited for something I don't think will happen.

It's not really the site- the article is based on his tweets. His own tweets are responding to a fan asking him if she'll be in it.

It's not really the site- the article is based on his tweets. His own tweets are responding to a fan asking him if she'll be in it.
    But do any of his tweets actually say "Yes, Catwoman will be in issue #75"? Because I don't think I've seen him tweet that.

Incredible Member

But do any of his tweets actually say "Yes, Catwoman will be in issue #75"? Because I don't think I've seen him tweet that.
    No, but he didn't have to respond to that question at all. He says there's something big regarding Selina in issue 75.

I don't know. In that latest interview when he's asked if he's going to bring Catwoman and/or Nightwing back into the story, he says the thing about how the whole run is about two things- Bane being evil, and Batman loving Catwoman. And that will continue, there's a reason the wedding fell at the halfway point, and we have to see what happens in issues 75 and 100.

Then he basically dismisses Nightwing as not being in charge of that book and what they do with him is up to them. So, it sounds to me like it's a no on Dick, but a yes on Selina, so I'm assuming she has to come back at some point? And that something significant happens with her in 75, somehow.
    Last edited by lilyrose; 05-15-2019 at 12:33 PM.

No, but he didn't have to respond to that question at all. He says there's something big regarding Selina in issue 75.

I don't know. In that latest interview when he's asked if he's going to bring Catwoman and/or Nightwing back into the story, he says the thing about how the whole run is about two things- Bane being evil, and Batman loving Catwoman. And that will continue, there's a reason the wedding fell at the halfway point, and we have to see what happens in issues 75 and 100.

Then he basically dismisses Nightwing as not being in charge of that book and what they do with him is up to them. So, it sounds to me like it's a no on Dick, but a yes on Selina, so I'm assuming she has to come back at some point. And that something significant happens with her in 75, somehow.
    Well, we know Selina is coming back. And we know that City of Bane represents a massive shift in status quo - well, obviously, since Gotham is under Bane's control, we assume openly, not from the shadows. But I just don't want to have a lot of Catwoman fans coming to this thread and saying that "You promised Selina would be in #75" if she isn't.

Because I don't think she will be. I'd love it if she were, but I don't see how that fits with the story so far. But King could surprise me. He did this issue! Instead of having Bane just punch everyone, he broke the family even more brutally!

Incredible Member

Someone predicted earlier on that Selina would show up as one of Bane's minions. I would say that's a good prediction, except for the fact that she's already fooled him like twice in this series, so he'd be really stupid to believe that again.

Someone predicted earlier on that Selina would show up as one of Bane's minions. I would say that's a good prediction, except for the fact that she's already fooled him like twice in this series, so he'd be really stupid to believe that again.
    Yeah, I've thought of Selina seemingly allying with Bane before...but as you say, she's done that at least once during this run alone.