Page 96 of 134 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1999
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Is it too much to hope that the wizard summoned the dragon because of the Gotham Knights losing streak? It's not unsupported by the text . . .
    Hahahaha. Ye Olde Gothame Knights, they have failed me for the last time!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Good stuff in that preview!

But I'm reading into things and seeing this as a possible requiem for Alfred.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Good stuff in that preview!

But I'm reading into things and seeing this as a possible requiem for Alfred.
    I will admit, even though I saw King's tweet with the comps and the lettered cover, the preview took me aback with the exact same thought. However, King has said it's not a setup for anything in the main issues of the run.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I'm certain Mike Norton's story was added in place on Weeks's story as a connection to Alfred's death. But I assume the Fornes story will remain independent.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

So...King has a new interview out and from his answer about whether Batman and Catwoman should be married, I'd take that to mean they aren't getting married.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    So...King has a new interview out and from his answer about whether Batman and Catwoman should be married, I'd take that to mean they aren't getting married.
    Link to interview?

If you're talking about this one: https://www.newsarama.com/47612-tom-...in-crisis.html

I don't read it that way at all. I think it would be better if they got married, but I don't think King intends to break them up or pull a Hush on us this time. (This doesn't rule out middle of the series breakups, though. You have to have some drama )

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Link to interview?
    Here ya go: https://www.newsarama.com/47612-tom-...in-crisis.html

That sounds like a no to me.

You know what? Here's the thing. HE was the one who kept screaming "it's not over yet!" and "wait till the end!" when people were so rightfully upset and angry about the aborted wedding fiasco. So, if there were people who held onto his cries of protest and agreed to wait until the end, for him to now basically say it's not going to happen and was never going to happen? I mean, wtf? Why not just keep your damn mouth shut and not insinuate that they'd get married, you'd just have to wait til the end? That was obviously a lie.

The only way he can make up for this is by making them have a kid and introducing Helena Wayne into Earth-1 for good, as the big change he STILL keeps hyping up as going to happen. Even that isn't keeping the marriage promise, but at least it would genuinely be something that has a significant impact on Batman's future and cements his and Catwoman's relationship in a way that's arguably more important than marriage. Because if nothing happens after all this? Then nothing changes for anybody or anything and it's basically all meaningless.

You know what? Here's the thing. HE was the one who kept screaming "it's not over yet!" and "wait till the end!" when people were so rightfully upset and angry about the aborted wedding fiasco. So, if there were people who held onto his cries of protest and agreed to wait until the end, for him to now basically say it's not going to happen and was never going to happen? I mean, wtf? Why not just keep your damn mouth shut and not insinuate that they'd get married, you'd just have to wait til the end? That was obviously a lie.

The only way he can make up for this is by making them have a kid and introducing Helena Wayne into Earth-1 for good, as the big change he STILL keeps hyping up as going to happen. Even that isn't keeping the marriage promise, but at least it would genuinely be something that has a significant impact on Batman's future and cements his and Catwoman's relationship in a way that's arguably more important than marriage. Because if nothing happens after all this? Then nothing changes for anybody or anything and it's basically all meaningless.
    I'm firmly in the camp that believes Bat/Cat should get married. Having a kid would also be really cool...but I'm terrified that it will also make the story either instantly retconned and the fallout even worse than One Year Later, or it will make it automatically elseworlds.

That being said: as long as we get Bat/Cat, and the ending is satisfying, no matter what my personal checklist is, I'll be happy.

I highly doubt this is going to happen, but what if Thomas used the kryptonite Superman delivered to Batman in Secret Files #1. It confers the powers of Superman and it would put that short story, that I think served no big purpose back then whatsoever, into a new light. If it happened, Thomas should have taken it after the beat down he received. Still, I think he defeating the Batfamily has to do more with a conceptual victory, than a plot point that gave him the advantage, but I wanted to put that possibility on the table nonetheless
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I highly doubt this is going to happen, but what if Thomas used the kryptonite Superman delivered to Batman in Secret Files #1. It confers the powers of Superman and it would put that short story, that I think served no big purpose back then whatsoever, into a new light. If it happened, Thomas should have taken it after the beat down he received. Still, I think he defeating the Batfamily has to do more with a conceptual victory, than a plot point that gave him the advantage, but I wanted to put that possibility on the table nonetheless
    That's a really interesting point. I recently reread that story, and it does seem like it might play into something later.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That's a really interesting point. I recently reread that story, and it does seem like it might play into something later.
    I reread it today hahaha That's why I came up with the idea that it may come into play now
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I reread it today hahaha That's why I came up with the idea that it may come into play now
    I normally don't have this sense with King's short stories (though I often do with Snyder's), but that story really felt like a fragment of something larger.

King never promised a wedding. Why do some keep saying that? Who spoils their own story?

Saying wait to the end isn't a lie or a promise.

Make up for it Make up for what?

Were you only reading this in hopes of a wedding for your ship and not because you were genuinely enjoying the run?

King has nothing to make up for since you paid for entertainment and he gave you that with each issue you digested

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Wow, the Annual was beautiful.

This easily could have been the final issue of King's run and I would have been completely happy.

King captured the essence of Batman and his never ending journey for justice; moreover, he also invokes a lot of Morrison, which was a pleasant surprise.