Page 121 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1999
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I think Gotham girl is gonna fade into obscurity honestly, she doesn’t serve much purpose and Gotham doesn’t need a actual super hero character.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think Gotham girl is gonna fade into obscurity honestly, she doesn’t serve much purpose and Gotham doesn’t need a actual super hero character.
    That certainly can be her destiny. I don't know if DC or other writers have plans for her, but still I think Tom King will let her live, independent if in the years to come she fulfills a role in the Batfamily or if she follows the path characters like Talon did
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I'm a wee bit nervous that the last issue has so many plot threads to tie up it might not manage
    But, overall, you do acknowledge someone like King (giving what he had written so far) knows what he's doing (not like he's some rookie comic writer fresh off the boat here).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    That certainly can be her destiny. I don't know if DC or other writers have plans for her, but still I think Tom King will let her live, independent if in the years to come she fulfills a role in the Batfamily or if she follows the path characters like Talon did
    Knowing DC, her likeliest fate is a cameo appearance in the next Crisis to die and add to the body count.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    Knowing DC, her likeliest fate is a cameo appearance in the next Crisis to die and add to the body count.
    This is sad times! I think I'm one of like 10 gotham girl fans in existence. I hope she doesnt die!

I want to read more about her!

Will Kite Man become a permanent part of the rogue's gallery? I'd like to think he will
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Every Batman writer has a pet character that disappears; any one remember Bluebird?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Every Batman writer has a pet character that disappears; any one remember Bluebird?
    I mean, I do, but Tynion is one of my favorite writers. I also remember Gunhawk and Gunbunny from the Dixon Tec era, Sasha Bordeaux from the Rucka run, and a few others. Did Denny O'Neil have one?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I mean, I do, but Tynion is one of my favorite writers. I also remember Gunhawk and Gunbunny from the Dixon Tec era, Sasha Bordeaux from the Rucka run, and a few others. Did Denny O'Neil have one?
    Damn, with the deep cuts; brings back memories

Damn, with the deep cuts; brings back memories
    Isn't that what we love about comics, though? Remembering and reading new stuff that becomes new memories? It's absolutely one of the things I adore about King's run - those pages where he just FILLS them with references that enrich the story he's telling.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

So, we have some pics out from Mikel Janin at Brazil Comic Con and Tom King on Twitter. Please note that these images are probably pretty big spoilers, but they're also pretty exciting, I think.

Looks like we're getting Batman and Kite Man, or Bruce and Chuck, at Porkys after all. I like that.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...atman-85-ccxp/

There's a lot of Bat/Cat scenes in these images, and it looks positive, to me, not super depressing like a Hush ending, so I'm still hopeful.

I would love to have her come back, even if it meant going back to a civilian role, it's been years since she was last in a comic.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Yes she's on the YJ tv show and she was in rebirth Tec

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    I would love to have her come back, even if it meant going back to a civilian role, it's been years since she was last in a comic.
    She should have been brought in to fill in for Alfred. Not the housekeeping duties that can be covered by Selina but the bat Cave ops. It's right up her street. There was no need to drag old man Fox in after his long days running WE.

Bruce likes to work kids/young teens and the elderly it seems

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    So, we have some pics out from Mikel Janin at Brazil Comic Con and Tom King on Twitter. Please note that these images are probably pretty big spoilers, but they're also pretty exciting, I think.

Looks like we're getting Batman and Kite Man, or Bruce and Chuck, at Porkys after all. I like that.
    Janin's Chuck in that picture just looks exactly like his version of Riddler and it's really distracting for me lol

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...atman-85-ccxp/

There's a lot of Bat/Cat scenes in these images, and it looks positive, to me, not super depressing like a Hush ending, so I'm still hopeful.
    Based on these brief images does look like we'll be getting a decent amount of Bat/Cat in the issue, though I wonder how they're gonna end it off. Will there be some semblance of a conclusion demonstrating where they'll be going in the future that would then be followed up in Bat/Cat, or will they keep it mostly ambiguous to be resolved later in Bat/Cat? I am hoping we get something related to the former.