Page 46 of 134 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The coffin could be empty and is meant for one of them (Bruce Wayne, Batman or Thomas himself)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

This interview is really lovely: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...orever-1209801

A friend of mine is predicting that King is going to pull a Civil War on Batman, and have him no longer have a secret identity. I think that would be pretty interesting, I just worry about DC undoing it...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Could well be him and Selina getting married.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    This interview is really lovely: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...orever-1209801

A friend of mine is predicting that King is going to pull a Civil War on Batman, and have him no longer have a secret identity. I think that would be pretty interesting, I just worry about DC undoing it...
    Oh dude, if that happened that would be pretty awesome. For some reason I never ever thought about Batman being publicly unmasked.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Could well be him and Selina getting married.
    Yeah, that seems more fitting and likely to get past corporate then an outed Batman to be honest (would DC want a repeat of a "Truth" scenario?), and would fit as a denouement to King's run.

And it would probably be more likely to stick then to take away the secret identity of probably the one hero with the most prominent and popular secret identity.

So maybe the marriage/wedding isn't symbolic like it was intended to be originally.

Incredible Member

I hope it's him and Selina getting married for real. Makes sense with what his entire arc has been about.

Would that be significant enough that he'd have to go to WB and AT&T for approval and everything? And does it count as something we've "never seen before" if it happened on Earth-2?

Unmasking is the other option, I guess. Or maybe it's both. Maybe revealing his identity is related to them getting married.

Do you think they could have Selina get pregnant or have Thomas Wayne stick around as old man Batman
    Last edited by Katana500; 05-13-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Do you think they could have Selina get pregnant or have Thomas Wayne stick around as old man Batman
    Pregnant Selina is possible, but I just don't know how different that is from all the other kids he has running around. Even Damian is his biological one so we've seen that before. I guess them having an actual baby would be new. Like maybe Helena Wayne is born in issue 100 or something?

I find it interesting that it was King, not the editor, that went to WB and AT&T.
    He's moving up in the world...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

My theory is that Batman will have a baby with Selina, but will mostly change his motivation : he won't be Batman because of what happened to his parents, but because he'll wants to build a better world for everyone, including his family. So, no more Bat-jerk in the future (at least in Tom's mind).

Considering how little writers in general seem to care about the whole secret identity trope, retiring it for Batman would almost be a mercy killing at this point. Anyway, King like most other writers knows how to hype his own stuff, so I'm not expecting anything sensational. Could be the secret identity, could be him breaking down and killing someone (Bane?), could be the death of a loved one (Alfred?), could be another retirement with Dick Grayson stepping up to be Batman again. Everything of course subject to a swift retcon after 12 months or so.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

If that is the case then they can just use the Spyral spy satellite to make the world forget about Bruce's identity being exposed just like they did when Dick's got exposed to the world, lol.

I found the interview so grating. King feels really full of himself and it bothered me how he and he interviewer ignored him shooting Dick in the head. Zero mention of it. If I had to guess I think that someone else will be taking over for Batman given that is what King has been trying to set up for a while. He used to want it to be Duke to take up the Batman mantle. Would become the first black Batman and I can see him getting the higher ups permission for that, but I have no idea.

Him marrying Selena or her being pregnant I think will be revealed later and closer to issue 100 if anything. So I feels like it should be something else here.

BANNED

just means Gotham is going to be destroyed and he will move to NY. no more Gotham. bane will probably follow in his movie counterparts steps and drop a nuke on it a la bludhaven while turning Bruce a pauper and homeless after stealing his fortune so he will have to reinvent himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    If that is the case then they can just use the Spyral spy satellite to make the world forget about Bruce's identity being exposed just like they did when Dick's got exposed to the world, lol.

I found the interview so grating. King feels really full of himself and it bothered me how he and he interviewer ignored him shooting Dick in the head. Zero mention of it. If I had to guess I think that someone else will be taking over for Batman given that is what King has been trying to set up for a while. He used to want it to be Duke to take up the Batman mantle. Would become the first black Batman and I can see him getting the higher ups permission for that, but I have no idea.

Him marrying Selena or her being pregnant I think will be revealed later and closer to issue 100 if anything. So I feels like it should be something else here.
    Please no...

I really love Duke, he's one of my favorite characters. But he's clearly not ready to become Batman, we all know it. Plus he's supposed to be the daytime's Batman, with his own foes and all. Making him Batman just for the sake of controversy would be terrible (hence why I was hopeful that Gotham-Girl would die in the recent crossover, because it would have meant that when she talked about being with Duke, and thus Duke having more of a role during King's run, was all her being insane and thus saving the Signal from King's writing...).

I'm very curious to find out what this big "ultimate change" of his is gonna be, one that had to get even AT&T's approval. It obviously makes sense for us to be skeptical that this will be a "forever" change, because of the nature of comics, but it's probably safe to say its probably a big enough status quo change that will directly impact the next run, as opposed to this run ending at a mostly reset, like how Snyder's did.

No more secret identity and actual marriage seem like the most likely options, though the former doesn't seem as clear to me as his secret identity hasn't really played a role in his story, and especially with so few issues left it feels like the only reason you would do it is so that you could play around with that status quo, as opposed to just doing it and then leaving another writer to take it up. While the marriage happening would be the most obvious pay off to everything the book's been dealing with and act as a conclusion to his story, though the way he hypes it up makes me think that's too obvious of an answer, so perhaps its a third unknown thing. King did make a point in the interview not to reference Catwoman at all minus previous issues, so those plans he could be keeping closer to the vest for a specific reason.