Page 92 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/d...of-gotham-city

Some black and white art by Janin for the upcoming Batman 82.
    One extra page thanks to King's twitter!

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    I could see that being the climax actually, three guys sitting around arguing about whose plan put them there, and the punchline being Catwoman upending all of their plans with just a little twist of chaos, somehow.
    I hope not - that sounds a bit too simplistic.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    Actually I think revealing Clayface was Joker makes it more likely that Clayface will be revealed as being Alfred, too. This run isn't too hung up on "how could this character be here and then make it there in this amount of time?"
    Interesting - why do you think it makes it more likely? I honestly wasn't expecting the Clayface reveal, and thus the reveal itself felt like all the "surprise" power it had was used there, instead of "surprise, Joker was Clayface" and then a few issues later, "Surprise, Alfred was also Clayface." It feels like the kind of thing King would have done all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post

Very exciting! Thanks for sharing!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post

My god, can this be the updated ongoing look? (If they do end up replacing Batman as the rumors have it, THIS needs to be Bruce's new hero get up.) Seriously though, I've missed Janin's work. It can be hit and miss, but when he gets more time it really looks great. This tease is a breath of fresh air after the last two issues of Romita's art. As for the action, Batman "cheating" by hiding Batarangs? That's so Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    My god, can this be the updated ongoing look? (If they do end up replacing Batman as the rumors have it, THIS needs to be Bruce's new hero get up.) Seriously though, I've missed Janin's work. It can be hit and miss, but when he gets more time it really looks great. This tease is a breath of fresh air after the last two issues of Romita's art. As for the action, Batman "cheating" by hiding Batarangs? That's so Batman.
    I mean, I liked Romita's art, but I'm also a HUGE fan of runs ending with the original art team. I know that technically Finch was the original artist, but Janin drew the Rebirth #1 special one shot, so it still has a feeling of completion.

Also, that featured some shirtless Bruce too, so it definitely counts.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Spectacular Member

Currently no solicits out for Batman/Catwoman #1 with the January solicits. I wonder if it got pushed back.

Rhaa, wrong thread !

Currently no solicits out for Batman/Catwoman #1 with the January solicits. I wonder if it got pushed back.
    Huh. That is odd. Especially since King said (I think) three scripts are fully written and being drawn. Maybe they wanted to get a bigger lead time.

Incredible Member

I was wondering that too. I was so excited for it to start in January.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Huh. That is odd. Especially since King said (I think) three scripts are fully written and being drawn. Maybe they wanted to get a bigger lead time.
    Maybe giving Jones' story time to get caught up to King's in terms of timeline? Pure speculation.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

This is the only mention of Batman/Catwoman I found in the solicits:

DOLLAR COMICS: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #197
    written by ALAN BRENNERT
    art by JOE STATON and GEORGE FREEMAN
    cover by JIM APARO
    Reprinting the 1980s tale of the Earth-2 wedding of Batman and Catwoman, in advance of BATMAN/CATWOMAN #1.
    ON SALE 01.08.20
    $1.00 US |32PAGES |FC |DC

So I'm assuming maybe it got pushed back a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    This is the only mention of Batman/Catwoman I found in the solicits:

DOLLAR COMICS: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD #197
    written by ALAN BRENNERT
    art by JOE STATON and GEORGE FREEMAN
    cover by JIM APARO
    Reprinting the 1980s tale of the Earth-2 wedding of Batman and Catwoman, in advance of BATMAN/CATWOMAN #1.
    ON SALE 01.08.20
    $1.00 US |32PAGES |FC |DC

So I'm assuming maybe it got pushed back a month or so.
    I saw that too. I just hope King makes some kind of comment when he gets to his hotel room in Baltimore tonight.

His and Gerads Strange Adventures book was also supposed to come out in January and that isn't in the solicits, so more than likely they just got pushed back.

I didn't really buy that the issues were "completely done" already anyway, so I imagine this is just giving them more time to finish.

I did notice that they're double shipping Tynion's Batman in January, while all the other books got bumped down to a monthly like they said they would, so I think that at least shows they want Batman to be twice a month and that when Bat/Cat comes out that'll take the place as the 2nd issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    His and Gerads Strange Adventures book was also supposed to come out in January and that isn't in the solicits, so more than likely they just got pushed back.

I didn't really buy that the issues were "completely done" already anyway, so I imagine this is just giving them more time to finish.

I did notice that they're double shipping Tynion's Batman in January, while all the other books got bumped down to a monthly like they said they would, so I think that at least shows they want Batman to be twice a month and that when Bat/Cat comes out that'll take the place as the 2nd issue.
    Oh, I agree that the issues weren't done - but I think the scripts were in a place where they could be drawn, though of course revisions would happen.

I'm hoping that what you suggest is the case. My other theory is that they want to get to Batman 100 by December 2020, and they need to double ship about three times for that to happen, I think.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I posted in the DC comics forum; but I wonder if there is some change up with Bat/Cat similar to Birds of Prey.

I wonder if DC didn't want two versions of Batman running around the new Batman and King's Batman during the big event similar to Morrison's Batman and New 52 Batman.

It makes me think they may make Bat/Cat into a Black Label book.

Hmmm, the lack of news on that was kind of strange too. I hope we find out what happened soon and its only been delayed a month or so.