I didn't like this one as much as the rest of this storyarc, though I had a lot of fun reading it. JRJR's pencils are really to my liking, not always, but most of the time. I don't like the cover in this issue, but the interior is great. Kudos to inker and colorist. Now, to the script:

I think there're a lot of narrative choices that I don't like in a regular basis, but that they've been properly introduced for most of the run, so I think it's cohesive within itself so I don't have a problem with them. This gave me a strong Batman RIP vibe, because just like in that story, when Batman seems at the bottom, he actually is winning. The whole Venom stuff and Magpie involvement are fine explanations, and they made nods to previous details in the run that didn't look important back then. I was also satisfied with the twist in the finale of The Fall and the Fallen.

I didn't like Thomas beating the Batfamily in such a way that we don't see how he did it but that it's clear that he did it in a fist fight. It's a too impressive feat and, while I don't care much about power levels and I know Tom King doesn't either, it's too much of an stretch, though Thomas asking for a tea afterwards was badass af. I think if we were given more information about how he did win (gizmos or whatever) it would have worked better for me. I don't think in this case not showing anything of the confrontation, like what happened in I Am Bane when Bane defeated the three Robins, would have worked

I would have liked more foreshadowing or explanation in the twist involving Basil like when and how did he return to Batman's side (he did leave Tynion's run back to villainy or dead, right? I don't remember it too well). I haven't made my mind yet at the whole "communicating through blows". I think it fits the modern characterization of Batman and it doesn't leave him once again as someone who punches his sidekicks in an abusive manner, but it still feels as shock value like it did in Snyder's run when Batman punched Nightwing