Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
Nothing against that but a lot people thinks King writes Batman as incompetent though the way Batman broke into Santa Prisca and defeated Bane does not mean a thing. I'm more puzzled by how she was able to knockout all three Flashes though. That took me out of the story for a spell. I think the Meow is just a quirk exclusive to King's iteration Selina nothing else really.
I do get confused by the "Tom King's Batman is incompetent" thing, because the way he took out Bane - both resetting his own back, and then headbutting Bane, are really ridiculously overpowered moves.

The Flash thing, to me, was an example of Selina vs. Ivy's puppets, rather than Selina vs. Flash. It made sense to me. But I'm not a Flash reader, so I don't really have that perspective.

As for the Meow - I'm still holding out hope that Selina's going to be an incarnation of a Cat or something. Or got bitten by a radioactive cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
It took a while for me to get on board with King's run, so i missed the first few storylines. Really it was the I Am Bane story that got me hooked, especially the big head butt on Bane - just a ridiculous and ballsy way to end the story. King knows how to write a memorable ending.
Interesting! I'm actually more hooked by King's beginnings and parallel sections. Which of King's other endings do you find really effective? I'd say Selina's answer to the proposal was my favorite, even if I'm torn with the actual end to War of Jokes and Riddles.