Page 126 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 1999
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    If you look at a lot of the writers who were formative when I first got into comics - namely Rucka, Brubaker, Gabrych, Winick, and a few others - they really leaned on how dysfunctional Bruce was in his personal relationships. I like the Bruce Wayne: Murderer crossover, but that Bruce was almost maniacally dedicated to pushing people away. And since I am primarily a Batfamily fan, that doesn't exactly endear me to Bruce as a character. I think what's different to me about King's run is that I start to understand why Bruce makes those destructive choices from the inside, and feel what he's feeling.
    Generally, my preference would be for a Bruce Wayne in the Bronze Age mold, who's not only capable of healthy relationships but even makes wisecracks.

That said, I don't find Rucka's Bruce Wayne unlikeable. I think like many writers, he was inspired by Miller's work while also trying to make the case that DKR isn't the inevitable outcome. That Bruce can be a kinder, more compassionate human being, but he might have to be pushed to the logical conclusion of his worst tendencies before he can conquer them. And he and Brubaker did an excellent job of accomplishing that.

Given that Bruce had just gone through Knightfall/Knightquest/Knightsend/Contagion/Catacylsm/No Man's Land, I don't expect him to be at his best, and it's a testament to his character that he was able to work through his problems as quickly as he did (all things considered).

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

If you look at a lot of the writers who were formative when I first got into comics - namely Rucka, Brubaker, Gabrych, Winick, and a few others - they really leaned on how dysfunctional Bruce was in his personal relationships. I like the Bruce Wayne: Murderer crossover, but that Bruce was almost maniacally dedicated to pushing people away. And since I am primarily a Batfamily fan, that doesn't exactly endear me to Bruce as a character. I think what's different to me about King's run is that I start to understand why Bruce makes those destructive choices from the inside, and feel what he's feeling.
    Man, that fight with Nightwing in the cave; ah the memories and the feelings I had as a kid of a father and son fighting

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Somewhat paradoxically, the era during which Bruce was most frequently pushing his allies away was also the one where the Bat-Family underwent its most rapid expansion.

No Bat/Cat in March either; time to pack it in folks.

Just like 3 Jokers waiting for Bat/Cat is going to take a couple of years

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    No Bat/Cat in March either; time to pack it in folks.

Just like 3 Jokers waiting for Bat/Cat is going to take a couple of years
    I appreciate that they're not soliciting then making big delays.

But this does give us more time to plan our reread! We now have three full months to play with - that's roughly an issue a day - what do people think? Should we try that way, or try for arcs that break down in about the same way?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

A couple of years???

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    A couple of years???
    I personally am hoping that we'll see it at least by June
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    A couple of years???
    King on Twitter stated it's going to be a "while"

For me that means at least 6 months out which means it may not end until after June 2021 (of course there may be delays)

We're at least getting Strange Adventures for sure starting in March, and I had a feeling we wouldn't be getting them both first solicited at the same time anyway.

If the delay means the pacing will be as best as possible, and means less likely for any further delays, then it's good they're taking their time.

And if anything, we can expect art with FANTASTIC detail. Heroes In Crisis was basically just Mann showing off, so imagine that level with even more preparation time.

I have a feeling they maybe want Bat/Cat to coincide with 5g.

Have luke in the main batman book and Bruce in batman/catwoman to keep older fans happy.

Mighty Member

I appreciate that they're not soliciting then making big delays.

But this does give us more time to plan our reread! We now have three full months to play with - that's roughly an issue a day - what do people think? Should we try that way, or try for arcs that break down in about the same way?
    I'd still prefer arcs, but we can definitely do smaller chunks, too, like separate Rooftops from either I Am Suicide or I Am Bane.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post

Have luke in the main batman book and Bruce in batman/catwoman to keep older fans happy.
    A lot of the older fans complain about batman sharing a book with catwoman a lot, so I don't think they would be fine with that idea. Especailly since King said Batcat focuses more on exploring Selina than Bruce, according to King.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post

This is my theory as well. So Luke for some and Bruce for others

The solicit for the newest issue of Catwoman seems to indicate it's wrapping up the story they've been doing since the start of the series. It doesn't say "Final Issue" but feels that way. They may be closing out the series, maybe getting an epilogue issue in there and then starting Bat/Cat afterwards.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    I'd still prefer arcs, but we can definitely do smaller chunks, too, like separate Rooftops from either I Am Suicide or I Am Bane.
    Hmm. Should we try to do a weekly schedule? That'd be easiest to manage, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The solicit for the newest issue of Catwoman seems to indicate it's wrapping up the story they've been doing since the start of the series. It doesn't say "Final Issue" but feels that way. They may be closing out the series, maybe getting an epilogue issue in there and then starting Bat/Cat afterwards.
    I really hope that they will harmonize the Catwoman title with what happens in #85. The current discontinuity is very frustrating.