Page 129 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 1999
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Can't believe it's almost here the finale to King's epic.

Regardless of the ups and downs in the 85 issues, it is quite a feat to write as much as he did in such a short amount of time. I mean he wrote multiple books, he wrote the biggest most popular superhero in the world that double shipped, and he has been working on multiple television and film projects.

I am looking forward to see what he does in regards to Batman after Bat/Cat
    After Bat/Cat? You mean after he's finished with Bat/Cat, you hope he does more with Batman? Just trying to understand, as that's quite a distance off.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    After Bat/Cat? You mean after he's finished with Bat/Cat, you hope he does more with Batman? Just trying to understand, as that's quite a distance off.
    Yup, after Bat/Cat; maybe Justice League or The Outsiders I would love to see him on a team book

Yup, after Bat/Cat; maybe Justice League or The Outsiders I would love to see him on a team book
    Huh. I'm not thinking nearly that far ahead!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Huh. I'm not thinking nearly that far ahead!
    You never know, he can do multiple books at a time.

The one thing I hope doesn't happen is that he stops writing to do more film and television stuff (like Johns).

You never know, he can do multiple books at a time.

The one thing I hope doesn't happen is that he stops writing to do more film and television stuff (like Johns).
    He's doing Strange Adventures, Bat/Cat, and something else right now.

I actually think King would like to do film/tv. It pays better.

He's doing Strange Adventures, Bat/Cat, and something else right now.

I actually think King would like to do film/tv. It pays better.
    Of course, I don't want him to

Of course, I don't want him to
    I mean, if he wrote GOOD tv/film, I'd be a fan. I'd just miss his comics.

I personally hope he moves away from anything Batman related after Bat/Cat, besides maybe occasional guest appearances in other books, just because I like when a writer concludes a run, especially one of a scale like this, that they give it some room to allow it to stand out more, as well as letting them branch out to different projects.

That's also why I hope similarly Snyder stays away from Batman now after Last Knight On Earth, not only because it is effectively the end of his run, but he's done almost nothing BUT Batman since he started, so I'd like to see him take on more and different projects beyond just the one Swamp Thing run and a couple Superman stories.

I personally really want to know what King's TV project will be, especially whether it ends up being a DC project or not (I'd be happy with either or). Also interested to know if he will be the showrunner or just the initial writer.

Incredible Member

Loved it. Well done. Stuck the landing.

Incredible Member

I thought it was good. Liked it a lot. But lol at no marriage, just we're back together and will always love each other. That SCREAMS editorial will not allow us to get married, so we're just like...married in our hearts.

Okay? Well, that better mean baby Helena is on the way in Bat/Cat then, because I can't imagine what else could be the long promised "generational change."

Excellent end, very Morrisony Oroboros and all.

I'm off Batman until Bat/Cat see you around folks.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I thought it was good. Liked it a lot. But lol at no marriage, just we're back together and will always love each other. That SCREAMS editorial will not allow us to get married, so we're just like...married in our hearts.

Okay? Well, that better mean baby Helena is on the way in Bat/Cat then, because I can't imagine what else could be the long promised "generational change."
    I feel its a good compromise for now. She's wearing the ring. They can always make it legal in the future if they feel the need to. (And I do find the reason that they ended up not going through the ceremony this time around pretty hilarious.) I wish the main Catwoman title wasn't so far behind currently.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    Loved it. Well done. Stuck the landing.
    It took me three readings - first one was a bit underwhelmed. Second liking it a lot better. Third time, in tears.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post

I mean, if they'd gotten married on the roof with a drunk judge, it wouldn't have been a whole lot better, legally speaking. But I kinda wish they'd done that. Still happy with the way it turned out.

Excellent end, very Morrisony Oroboros and all.

I'm off Batman until Bat/Cat see you around folks.
    I still need to finish my comparison essay about Morrison/Snyder/King final issues. There is a sense that all three see Batman as Eternal (lol, looking forward to Tynion!), but for Morrison, it's almost nihilistic, for Snyder, it's a tragedy, for King, it's hope - every day, like the Annual #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    I feel its a good compromise for now. She's wearing the ring. They can always make it legal in the future if they feel the need to. (And I do find the reason that they ended up not going through the ceremony this time around pretty hilarious.) I wish the main Catwoman title wasn't so far behind currently.
    Indeed. To all of your points.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I'm assuming that was King's way of getting them technically married while also still not getting them married-married for presumably DC Editorial's sake - though they do dress up like animals and fight crimes on rooftops, so who's to say that Batman and Catwoman have to get married in a legal, official and ceremonious way?

Kind of disappointed that there was no final "Hell Yeah" from Kite-Man on the last page, but I guess that might only be something he does when he's "working." :P

Given that they're the few pages in the issue where Janin isn't doing the art, I'm guessing Bruce meeting with Thomas in full Hannibal Lecter getup was something King added closer to the deadline.

And I could've done without Tynion's brief teaser for his run at the end.

On a side note, today's Doomsday Clock #12 mentions
    spoilers:
    Superman searching for Bruce Wayne's lost daughter in 2026 as one of the things Dr. Manhattan sees in the DCU's future - and it's also placed after he mentions the creation of Earth-5G
    end of spoilers though I wouldn't take this as a guarantee of anything we'll be getting in Bat/Cat yet.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 12-18-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I'm assuming that was King's way of getting them technically married while also still not getting them married-married for presumably DC Editorial's sake - though they do dress up like animals and fight crimes on rooftops, so who's to say that Batman and Catwoman have to get married in a legal, official and ceremonious way?

Kind of disappointed that there was no final "Hell Yeah" from Kite-Man on the last page, but I guess that might only be something he does when he's "working." :P

Given that they're the few pages in the issue where Janin isn't doing the art, I'm guessing Bruce meeting with Thomas in full Hannibal Lecter getup was something King added closer to the deadline.

And I could've done without Tynion's brief teaser for his run at the end.

On a side note, today's Doomsday Clock #12 mentions
    spoilers:
    Superman searching for Bruce Wayne's lost daughter in 2026 as one of the things Dr. Manhattan sees in the DCU's future - and it's also placed after he mentions the creation of Earth-5G
    end of spoilers though I wouldn't take this as a guarantee of anything we'll be getting in Bat/Cat yet.
    I thought the teaser was okay. I like the Guillem March art, but without Batman, it wasn't super exciting. Ah, well.

Interesting that King didn't repeat Hell Yeah in this one.

I think the Killing Joke scene with Batman and Thomas in Arkham was probably a late addition - it didn't quite feel necessary, though it was tied in thematically.