Page 31 of 134 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

I ended up disappointed by The Price. It has some of the same problems than The Button, and nowhere the sane emotional beats that saved that one at least a little. I’m still excited for what is to come. I wonder how much things are going to escalate between Batman and Bane by the end of City of Bane. Will it be the end of Bane’s arc? Another episode preparing the climax of their final showdown? Everything can happen
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Tom confirms he's turned in the outline to the last thirty issues of his run

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...92381209485313

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I ended up disappointed by The Price. It has some of the same problems than The Button, and nowhere the sane emotional beats that saved that one at least a little. I’m still excited for what is to come. I wonder how much things are going to escalate between Batman and Bane by the end of City of Bane. Will it be the end of Bane’s arc? Another episode preparing the climax of their final showdown? Everything can happen
    I agree - The Price and The Button are both clearly crossovers that exist to give time for the main creative teams, and remind fans about projects that are delayed or quite a ways in the future.

I'm very excited by what's to come - more Batman processing the fallout of #50 in Knightmares, and then the battle between Thomas and Bruce in The Fall and the Fallen, and then, the CITY OF BANE! King has said that the whole run is Batman vs. Bane (plus Batman <3 Catwoman), but he's been a bit misleading before, so...

And I still think there's going to be something in issue #100, the climax, where the "street/boat" divide is going to be a key plot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

\o/!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

I'm gonna assume that "Quest of Kite Man" is Issue 78, and its gonna be a City Of Bane interlude ala The War Of Jokes And Riddles.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm gonna assume that "Quest of Kite Man" is Issue 78, and its gonna be a City Of Bane interlude ala The War Of Jokes And Riddles.
    Well, considering that Tony Daniel is on the arc, I think we're going to end up needing some kind of buffer for art. Since King clearly hasn't actually written the scripts, and we're at the 5- month mark, where you'd need Daniel to start drawing to complete a five issue arc by himself.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I just checked Batman #66 preview. The boat/street enigma isn’t forgotten yet! I have all the impression the self contained nature of each issue is going to continue just as good as it has for most of the Knightmares arc

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/b...atwoman-batman
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I just checked Batman #66 preview. The boat/street enigma isn’t forgotten yet! I have all the impression the self contained nature of each issue is going to continue just as good as it has for most of the Knightmares arc

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/b...atwoman-batman
    Holy CATS that art is amazing. I am so excited for this issue.

It's funny - King is doing a bunch of stuff that normally annoys the heck out of me (pausing the action, dream sequences, switching artists all the time) but I'm really digging it!

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Maybe he'll flip the script and have it be Quest of Bane and City of Kite Man.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Maybe he'll flip the script and have it be Quest of Bane and City of Kite Man.
    The big twist in #75 is that “Bane” is really just Kite ‘Man in a Bane suit.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I'd be okay with that, as Bane the character is about as interesting as drying paint.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Hell yeah!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I am Bane -- and I could kill you... but death would only end your agony -- and silence your shame. Instead, I will simply... BREAK YOU!' ... HELL YEAH!

spoilers:
    "Okay. I lied."
    end of spoilers

Here we go, boys.

Last edited by Kurisu; 03-06-2019 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    spoilers:
    "Okay. I lied."
    end of spoilers

Here we go, boys.
    That line, man. I am so excited for what's next!

Also, when King said on a podcast that Fornes was the best Batman artist, I was like, "Nah, man," but after this...holy cats. Fornes is truly amazing. Like a cross between Darwyn Cooke and David Mazzucchelli. And Dave Stewart killing it on colors.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I completely missed that line the first time I read it.