Page 35 of 134 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

There hasn’t been a regular issue discussion thread for a few issues now. People just don’t seem to care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    There hasn’t been a regular issue discussion thread for a few issues now. People just don’t seem to care anymore.
    Nothing really to discuss about the last issue since it was mostly a silent issue.

Your entire post history is dedicated to bashing King and antagonizing anyone who enjoys his work. There aren’t any regular discussion threads because no one wants to deal with your toxicity and obnoxious thread derailment.

At least issues #64 and #65 had a thread, I don't know about issue #66, but given that both threads, "Would people still fawn over King if he had bad artists?", which concentrates mostly people who don't like the run, and this thread, which consist mostly of people who enjoys it, have had interaction over the last couple of days, it's false that "people just don't seem to care anymore".

Still, this has been the place where the latest issues have been talked about, so it also explains why there's less activity in the individual threads of each issue.

If some users of the cbr community want to keep hating the run so vehemently, I don't have a problem, but I just don't understand your persistance in coming here to hate, knowing that, though negative criticism is permited and can make for interesting discusions, the toxic behavior that doesn't contribute anything isn't appreciated. Sure, there's no rule that prohibit it, but it's just a childish and stubborn behavior
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I am reminded of my behavior during Tynion's 'Tec run, and feelings of embarrassment arise. Believe me TalonLoad, this isn't worth your time.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

There isn’t anything toxic about my comment. Someone said that others discussed the individual issues on separate threads and I pointed out that they haven’t bothered making any for the last couple of issues. People don’t seem to feel there’s much to talk about. I read this thread to try to understand what people see in Kings run. For as toxic as people say I am for disliking it, they are equally toxic in their attacks on those who think it sucks. So, if we can all get off of our high horses, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nothing really to discuss about the last issue since it was mostly a silent issue.
    I don't quite understand this assertion. There's been a heck of a lot written about silent movies.

A comic is both image and word, and there's plenty to talk about in the images of this one. And in fact you can see that from the fact that people in this thread have had plenty to say about it.

There isn’t anything toxic about my comment. Someone said that others discussed the individual issues on separate threads and I pointed out that they haven’t bothered making any for the last couple of issues. People don’t seem to feel there’s much to talk about. I read this thread to try to understand what people see in Kings run. For as toxic as people say I am for disliking it, they are equally toxic in their attacks on those who think it sucks. So, if we can all get off of our high horses, that would be great.
    And as I said, this issues has been talked about, in this thread and in the other one where there're mostly people who dislike the run. Again, I don't have a problem with your disliking of the run, nor with negative critisim made on this thread, but if it's just hating for the sake of hating, it became boring long ago and it's part of the reason why this thread exist, so I don't see the point in saying things like "People just don’t seem to care anymore" while answering something. But again, there are no rules denying you to do so, I just fail to see the reason.
    Last edited by Chubistian; 03-25-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I am reminded of my behavior during Tynion's 'Tec run, and feelings of embarrassment arise. Believe me TalonLoad, this isn't worth your time.
    We’ve all been there I think, but it’s exhausting at some point. :/

Incredible Member

Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    I don't quite understand this assertion. There's been a heck of a lot written about silent movies.

A comic is both image and word, and there's plenty to talk about in the images of this one. And in fact you can see that from the fact that people in this thread have had plenty to say about it.
    I was trying to make a joke about how as a silent issue you can’t “talk” about it but I clearly botched the joke lol. It was way funnier in my head trust me. Anyway this whole Knightmares arc has been the most extreme in terms of my enjoyment so far. I really loved the Question issue but last issue didn’t really do anything for me.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Your entire post history is dedicated to bashing King and antagonizing anyone who enjoys his work. There aren’t any regular discussion threads because no one wants to deal with your toxicity and obnoxious thread derailment.
    I would counsel that we try to adhere to what I posted in the OP: "if a wholly negative post is entered into the thread, that instead of getting derailed, the conversation just part around it and continue to discuss the things we think are interesting and enjoyable." I know I've failed and gotten into fights in the thread at least once during its history, but in general, I think it's gone better when disengagement and simple continued positive discussion has prevailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    At least issues #64 and #65 had a thread, I don't know about issue #66, but given that both threads, "Would people still fawn over King if he had bad artists?", which concentrates mostly people who don't like the run, and this thread, which consist mostly of people who enjoys it, have had interaction over the last couple of days, it's false that "people just don't seem to care anymore".

Still, this has been the place where the latest issues have been talked about, so it also explains why there's less activity in the individual threads of each issue.
    I feel like there are still threads. But every time I poke my head in one of them...I immediately remember that there's this thread, and come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I am reminded of my behavior during Tynion's 'Tec run, and feelings of embarrassment arise.
    That spurred me to take a look at the old Tec threads. Man...I shoulda started a thread like this for that series! Also, kinda sad to see so many BANNED notifications in those threads.

I am sorry if you're getting attacked for disliking the book. However, attacking back doesn't make things better.

I've seen threads for most of the recent issues. But they mostly consist of the same people saying "well, another issue of the worst Batman run ever." You could say that this thread consists mostly of the same people saying "well, another issue of the best Batman run ever," - but I think that my fellow posters have really helped reveal to me many things I miss about these issues. Which is exactly why I started the thread.

I was trying to make a joke about how as a silent issue you can’t “talk” about it but I clearly botched the joke lol. It was way funnier in my head trust me. Anyway this whole Knightmares arc has been the most extreme in terms of my enjoyment so far. I really loved the Question issue but last issue didn’t really do anything for me.
    Haha, nice one. I agree that Knightmares, because of the central concept, and the wildly varying artists, has been really up and down for me. I disliked #61 quite a bit, but #62, even though I wasn't a fan of the art, really engaged me with Batman's inner monologue, and 63 and 66 were amazing. 67 was a bit of a downgrade for me, because I'm a word guy, and the Roadrunner joke felt a bit cheap to me (I enjoyed Batman/Elmer Fudd, but am puzzled at the amount of love it got as well, so clearly King's Looney Toons jokes don't quite work for me. On the other hand, I adored Simone's Catwoman/Tweety mashup, so maybe I just need to look at things differently for King).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Comic books are no laughing matter, comrade! How dare you, sir/ma'am/other? HOW DARE YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    Comic books are no laughing matter, comrade! How dare you, sir/ma'am/other? HOW DARE YOU?
    Beepbeep!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

So, I'm thinking that even though it clearly takes place out of sequence in King's run, we should talk about his story from Detective Comics #1000 here, too!

I quite liked it.