Page 55 of 134 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I wasn't talking about the wedding/50. I'm talking in general. his constant tweets. The promo's whenever the bat family is going to be in his run.His last big announcements. Thing's like that.

It has been hit and miss for me. I too never believed they would marry at 50 even now I don't think he has any plans to marry them.
    Honestly my main objection with King's run is that I feel he is deliberately stringing Shippers along. Asking them to invest so much in the hopes that they will get a payoff at the end.
    I'd guess it's in their contracts what they can or can't say (the writers/artists)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, that's not good. It must be true.

Wow. Yeah, I’m out.

Incredible Member

Such bullshit.

I like to be optimistic if this is true. Tom can still change the passing as if it were a monthly title. Maybe have some extra pages for the finale. It’s a lot of work, but the last thing I would want is an unfinished story or another writer finishing it (though that would be better that have no ending). I hope it’s not true, but it’s something that sadly happens a lot
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Incredible Member

LOL. I feel so gipped.

I feel worse for all the people who were invested in this for years. I'm new to it, and I only recently caught up and got into comics at all, but it was based on this idea that it was a Batman/Catwoman story that was going to come to an actual conclusion. I got excited.

I REALLY learned my lesson, I guess. Do not invest or get excited for things like this. Or even expect what you're told will happen to actually happen. I won't make that mistake again.

Mitch Gerads also just tweeted a GIF of batman with the following statement: "I know things about a thing and it all means even better things."

https://twitter.com/MitchGerads/stat...16502579900416

So...maybe not all bad news coming out of this....???

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Writers get pulled off all of the time, if I remember correctly Percy was pulled off his run of Nightwing.

Nevertheless, if true, too bad King will not be able to tell the story he set out to tell. You can really tell he had a long term plan, then again, Batman is a corporate character and if the higher-ups ain't liking it he's gone.

This is why more and more top tier writers do creator owned projects.
    With all due respect to Ben Percy, there's a big different between him getting kicked off a middling title like Nightwing, and Eisner Award winning, critical darling Tom King getting kicked from one of only five or six books currently being published that can bring in any sort of significant numbers.

If he's not safe, no one is, and it's ridiculous.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

If it's true that King's being removed prematurely, it's not great news (definitely a bad way to start the morning before breakfast), but don't count it over just yet.

Fans have managed to reverse these things before by making enough of an uproar. Gail Simone's Batgirl run comes to mind, and heck, wasn't King's very own Omega Men saved from premature cancellation by the fans?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Mitch Gerads also just tweeted a GIF of batman with the following statement: "I know things about a thing and it all means even better things."

https://twitter.com/MitchGerads/stat...16502579900416

So...maybe not all bad news coming out of this....???
    Could mean the last 20 issues of King's arc are being moved to Batman and Catwoman (or whatever) - would be kind of like how Grant Morrison's story moved to new title names as the story shifted
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Could mean the last 20 issues of King's arc are being moved to Batman and Catwoman (or whatever) - would be kind of like how Grant Morrison's story moved to new title names as the story shifted
    interesting idea...and could be something like that. Which I'd be fine with.

That would be cool. Morrison did play with many bat titles, maybe they want something similar to a lesser degree with King
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

King's story could split off from the main Batman book and King writes a new Batman book while someone else takes over the main Batman title.

Incredible Member

If they did something like that, would it still be considered canon?

The thing that's really annoying is that King's run is sort of dependent on the ending, lol. Considering everything he's promised/hyped. Stopping it at this point is really messed up for people who've been promised a payoff to all of this. And he really sounded like he understood that in those recent interviews, so this is just horrible.
    Last edited by lilyrose; 05-22-2019 at 09:10 AM.

I really hope if it his ended early it is cause this is happening