Page 68 of 134 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1999
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    And I'll say right here that if he pulls a rehash of Hush on the ending, with Batman paranoid and distrustful of Catwoman and his family? Yeah, I'm out.

But I hope he won't.
    Hahaha. Yeah that'll be interesting to see. You being out. Think you're the most Pro-King "supporter" here.

Confession - I re-read the issue and it's not as "bad" as the first time round.

It is a relatively interesting start...but the transitioning (from #74) is still jarring.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Hahaha. Yeah that'll be interesting to see. You being out. Think you're the most Pro-King "supporter" here.

Confession - I re-read the issue and it's not as "bad" as the first time round.

It is a relatively interesting start...but the transitioning (from #74) is still jarring.
    I hope that I'm not a blind fan. I just have been really on board with what he's doing so far.

Glad you had a bit of a better time the second readthrough. The transition is very jarring - but do you remember the transition from Snyder's Endgame to Superheavy?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Congrats to King for his Best Writer win tonight.
    Last edited by Kurisu; 07-19-2019 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    YES!!!!! I would have been happy with Lemire winning for Black Hammer or Russell winning for everything he's written but King's my favorite.

Astonishing Member

He deserves it. Haters BTFO!

Yay did he win! I've liked everything he's written so far!

Also whats everyones theories for where City of Bane is heading. Im kinda wondering how it will link in too Gotham Girls future in issue 5

I liked #75, King put a familiar concept to good use. Daniel is not to my taste at all though, the pages pencilled and colored by Gerards was in a different class. I just hope the solution won't hinge on some kind of switcheroo between Batman and Thomas Wayne in the Lazarus pit, since that's a lazy and played out twist.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

King tweeted some spoilerish upcoming Clay Mann art of Bat-Cat.

Not sure if it's from a future issue of Batman, or an issue of Bat-Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    King tweeted some spoilerish upcoming Clay Mann art of Bat-Cat.

Not sure if it's from a future issue of Batman, or an issue of Bat-Cat.
    That's incredibly gorgeous. My bet is it's from 79-80, the Bat/Cat interludes of City of Bane with Mann on art. I doubt that they're getting Mann onto a January title 5 months in advance (even if I think they should...)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://www.newsarama.com/46214-dc-c...citations.html

According to the solicits, JRJR and Klaus Janson are now doing the art for 80 and 81.

80 Solicit:
    The bad guys thought they had it made with Bane in control, but with Batman back in Gotham they’ll be reminded what justice feels like…and how it hurts when it hits you in the face. With Catwoman at his side, the Caped Crusader is looking to take down Bane’s army and reclaim his city. But what happens when old allies like Gotham Girl also stand in his way? The legendary art team of John Romita Jr. and Klaus Janson join BATMAN for two action-packed issues that will rock Gotham City to its foundation.
    81 Solicit:
    It’s time for the big showdown. Batman is calling Bane out. But is the Dark Knight Detective ready to take on the foe who broke him worse than any other that came before? And what else stands in Batman’s way, to put an obstacle between him and his enemy? Tread lightly, Batman, because not only do the lives of your son and trusted friends hang in the balance, but your entire home could collapse on top of you!
    Given that these sound like big important issues of the CoB story from the solicits instead of interludes, I wish that DC had put one of the regular "King artists" for this run like Janin on it or even brought Finch back instead of a random JRJR appearance.

On the bright side though, Batman Annual 4 with Weeks and Fornes!
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 07-22-2019 at 06:08 PM.

I'm so friggin bummed. I cannot stand JRJr!
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Honestly, I'm the complete opposite, I absolutely LOVE JRJR and jumped up in excitement seeing him doing these two issues, especially with how important they are. Also Weeks and Fornes get at least one more story before the end so I'm happy!

Also they released a couple of the November solicits, so we got the one for issue #82 as well:
    https://www.newsarama.com/46215-dc-c...citations.html

“City of Bane” part eight! Batman and his allies wage war on the City of Bane, but an unexpected turn of events will send everyone reeling. Will there be another death in the family, or can the Dark Knight break Bane’s iron grip over Gotham City?

Mikel Janin is doing this issue and Finch doing the cover, so there's some King regulars back. Crossing my fingers Finch does #85.

There's also a VERY interesting thing on the acetate cover, which seems like a might be a pretty big spoiler. spoilers:
    Thomas controlling Bane like a puppet. This trying to insinuate he's the real mastermind this whole time?
    end of spoilers

Aaaaggh! Romita Jr.?! WhYYYYYYY?!

He's the Keanu Reeves of comic book penciling. I simply can't comprehend how anyone thinks he's remotely talented, or how he has a career of any significance. One of the few artists who can singlehandedly make me skip a book. But that clearly isn't an option here.

Ok, I'll try to avoid the topic from here. This is supposed to be an upbeat thread. Just had to get that off my chest.

I enjoyed #75 quite a lot, and particularly appreciated that it made me work to get my head around some of what was going on. One of my favorite things about King's work is that it frequently does that, where few mainstream superhero comics do.

I admit that I couldn't really get a handle on the last bit, with the tiny little Legion of Doom bot and the hologram of... Luthor, was it? I presume this ties in to the "Year of the Villain" event, which I'm ignoring as I do most such things. It felt like King doing his contractual duty to make a gesture towards the corporate-mandated event, while explaining why it isn't going to impact the rest of his run.

Still, I'm curious to understand what was going on there. Has Luthor taken over the U.S. government? Why is he wearing a robe and cowl? Why is he a hologram?

Damn, Gerads' art was pretty in that coda, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/46214-dc-c...citations.html

According to the solicits, JRJR and Klaus Janson are now doing the art for 80 and 81.

Given that these sound like big important issues of the CoB story from the solicits instead of interludes, I wish that DC had put one of the regular "King artists" for this run like Janin on it or even brought Finch back instead of a random JRJR appearance.

On the bright side though, Batman Annual 4 with Weeks and Fornes!
    I'm SO PUMED for the Annual. That team is a must buy, for me, I think.

I'm also a big JRJR and Janson fan, so this is pretty cool for me. Something else I saw was that David Finch, long absent from DC and Batman, is doing the Acetate (double layer, clear plastic reveal structure) covers for Batman and Catwoman in November, and he's got some really interesting stuff going on there, as Inversed posted.

I have to say - I used to think Finch was a fairly generic Jim Lee artist type, but I've been really impressed with his thoughtfulness recently, and these covers confirm that. (This also might be because I met him for the first time this spring, and he was super nice :smiley: )

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Honestly, I'm the complete opposite, I absolutely LOVE JRJR and jumped up in excitement seeing him doing these two issues, especially with how important they are. Also Weeks and Fornes get at least one more story before the end so I'm happy!

Also they released a couple of the November solicits, so we got the one for issue #82 as well:
    https://www.newsarama.com/46215-dc-c...citations.html

“City of Bane” part eight! Batman and his allies wage war on the City of Bane, but an unexpected turn of events will send everyone reeling. Will there be another death in the family, or can the Dark Knight break Bane’s iron grip over Gotham City?

Mikel Janin is doing this issue and Finch doing the cover, so there's some King regulars back. Crossing my fingers Finch does #85.

There's also a VERY interesting thing on the acetate cover, which seems like a might be a pretty big spoiler. spoilers:
    Thomas controlling Bane like a puppet. This trying to insinuate he's the real mastermind this whole time?
    end of spoilers
    I'm also a big fan of JRJR, though he can be really hit or miss. His work on Superman Year One makes me very excited - hopefully they gave him enough time to really polish, and the fact that he's working with Janson means the linework will be very powerful, at the least.

I'm very curious who's going to get #84 and 85. Part of me wants it to be like #50, but good - Finch, Janin, Jones, Daniel, Mann, Weeks, and Fornes (maybe even Moore) each get to do a really cool, tailored section. (I like issue 50, but I hated all of the pinup parts).

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    I enjoyed #75 quite a lot, and particularly appreciated that it made me work to get my head around some of what was going on. One of my favorite things about King's work is that it frequently does that, where few mainstream superhero comics do.

I admit that I couldn't really get a handle on the last bit, with the tiny little Legion of Doom bot and the hologram of... Luthor, was it? I presume this ties in to the "Year of the Villain" event, which I'm ignoring as I do most such things. It felt like King doing his contractual duty to make a gesture towards the corporate-mandated event, while explaining why it isn't going to impact the rest of his run.

Still, I'm curious to understand what was going on there. Has Luthor taken over the U.S. government? Why is he wearing a robe and cowl? Why is he a hologram?

Damn, Gerads' art was pretty in that coda, though.
    The Year of the Villain bit was very "I'm contractually obligated to do this," yeah.

But I also like what you say - that King forces you to think about what and why things are happening. (I also love Priest's work on Deathstroke for that reason).