Page 94 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1999
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    The fact that Mann having a fill-in artist was originally considered is bonkers. It's a 12 issue series, keep glad they're keeping it consistent.
    It's not bonkers if you look at how hard Heroes in Crisis was on him, and the fact that even at perfect health, he's a slower artist. I'm actually pretty excited for Strange Adventures hopefully having two artists making it run a bit faster than Mister Miracle with just Gerads.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

How long did it take Mister Miracle to come out? Over a year?

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    How long did it take Mister Miracle to come out? Over a year?
    August 2017 to November 2018. So four months over a year.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

It always did peeve me a bit how The Omega Men and Vision both had consistent art... with the exception of one issue done by a fill-in. So I guess if it means having King do the book with Mann entirely, I'll take the delays.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    August 2017 to November 2018. So four months over a year.
    Wow. 15 months for 12 issues, huh? So that's probably what we're looking at here with this. If it doesn't come out until March that takes it well into 2021. And that means not even one issue a month, more like every six weeks maybe?

Damn. I haven't really followed a miniseries like this before, so I didn't know how slow it could be.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Wow. 15 months for 12 issues, huh? So that's probably what we're looking at here with this. If it doesn't come out until March that takes it well into 2021. And that means not even one issue a month, more like every six weeks maybe?

Damn. I haven't really followed a miniseries like this before, so I didn't know how slow it could be.
    *see Doomsday Clock*

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    It always did peeve me a bit how The Omega Men and Vision both had consistent art... with the exception of one issue done by a fill-in. So I guess if it means having King do the book with Mann entirely, I'll take the delays.
    Agreed. I adore Omega Men, but the one non-Bagenda issue, though still good, and I appreciate that the artist still loves the memory of working on it...it niggles in my mind.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    *see Doomsday Clock*
    Yeah. Honestly, if this is how it's going to go, it's sort of hard to see how it will in any way wind up affecting the main Batman continuity that much. I originally thought it was going to running right alongside it monthly, but if not then whatever happens in this Bat/Cat book is probably going to feel pretty separate from everything. I know he still says he's planning a big change, but it's hard to see what he could do that they'd want to incorporate into continuity.

I think the change is Helena Wayne somehow, but if he's allowed to do that, will DC acknowledge it elsewhere? Because that IS a pretty big change, giving Batman and Catwoman their daughter, but having that happen in a specialized miniseries feels unusual.

Well, I'm hoping not. The delay is theoretically to prevent it. But you can't predict the future.

*see Doomsday Clock*
    Or Astonishing X-Men, or Planetary or anything Ellis is working on. I'll be very impressed if Ellis gets all of The Batman's Grave out in a year.

Yeah. Honestly, if this is how it's going to go, it's sort of hard to see how it will in any way wind up affecting the main Batman continuity that much. I originally thought it was going to running right alongside it monthly, but if not then whatever happens in this Bat/Cat book is probably going to feel pretty separate from everything. I know he still says he's planning a big change, but it's hard to see what he could do that they'd want to incorporate into continuity.

I think the change is Helena Wayne somehow, but if he's allowed to do that, will DC acknowledge it elsewhere? Because that IS a pretty big change, giving Batman and Catwoman their daughter, but having that happen in a specialized miniseries feels unusual.
    I am going to hold fast to my prediction; I really think this book will become a out of continuity Black Label book especially if they completely change the status quo.

Basically this will become the Kingverse and diverge from issue #86 and onwards, because if they did that at least he will have freedom to do what he really wants and not be hampered by the DC execs.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Or Astonishing X-Men, or Planetary or anything Ellis is working on. I'll be very impressed if Ellis gets all of The Batman's Grave out in a year.
    For sure, I have been following King issue to issue, but this one I may trade wait.

I learned my lesson with a lot of these high profile teams, they require so much time even though before they hit it big they were able to do monthlies with no problem (here's looking at you Fabok).

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status...95324077322240

Tom confirms that Bat/Cat has been delayed to give Mann time to draw the entire series.
    Yep, just like I assumed. Glad he is being transparent in the time they need to get Mann to do the entire thing, though it is a shame this means we may have to wait a little longer, even more than February possibly, to get it. But if it means its more consistent in its execution, then it'll be worth it.

I think one reason people find some of his writing a bit all over the place is that he, moreso than alot of other writers, tends to write with a specific artist in mind, so when fill-ins need to come in or artists are replaced, he re-writes to fit them, which is why you get alot of change in directions of tone, and that his best work is the ones with the most consistent artwork, so may very much help out.

As for how much it "matters", I don't see how this will suddenly make the story "out of continuity", just because it wouldn't really make sense to have your ending effectively be part of an AU suddenly. We do still need to wait until what is actually gonna happen in 85 first and what will directly carry over, but I don't think other books not outright referencing all the events won't mean its in continuity. I mean, that's pretty much what every single other DC book does already, just use whatever piece of continuity matters to them at that moment.

For sure, I have been following King issue to issue, but this one I may trade wait.

I learned my lesson with a lot of these high profile teams, they require so much time even though before they hit it big they were able to do monthlies with no problem (here's looking at you Fabok).
    I do think part of the reason for the delay is that, unlike Mister Miracle and other series like those mentioned, they want it to go monthly without any month skips, so this will give Mann the extra time to get as many issues done in advance so they can keep up with said pace.
    Last edited by Inversed; 10-24-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Spectacular Member

In another tweet, in regards to the original plan when it was going to be launched in January, King says:
    "We we were going to use guest artists. Basically in modern comics it’s impossible for a transcendent artist to do every page of a 12 issue monthly without built in lead time. "

I'm fine with this. A lot of times, depending on who the fill in artist is, it can take away from the story. (And other times they compliment each other well, but we know Mitch isn't available with him doing Strange Adventures.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post
    In another tweet, in regards to the original plan when it was going to be launched in January, King says:
    "We we were going to use guest artists. Basically in modern comics it’s impossible for a transcendent artist to do every page of a 12 issue monthly without built in lead time. "

I'm fine with this. A lot of times, depending on who the fill in artist is, it can take away from the story. (And other times they compliment each other well, but we know Mitch isn't available with him doing Strange Adventures.)
    Oh, interesting, I didn't know that guest artists were a thing they were planning on. I'm more and more on board with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenyxx1481 View Post

I'm really glad they didn't do that. I still don't know why they didn't just start off Friday with that tweet. Don't you think that would have gone better for everyone?