Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1999
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Question for the thread - we're probably going to have to create a new one of these threads in January 2020 - while I'm hoping we'll get the King/Weeks Batman Special in February, but even if that's the case, are people interested in doing retrospective and analysis/ranking posts, similar to what we did a few months ago, as we wait for Bat/Cat to start?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Question for the thread - we're probably going to have to create a new one of these threads in January 2020 - while I'm hoping we'll get the King/Weeks Batman Special in February, but even if that's the case, are people interested in doing retrospective and analysis/ranking posts, similar to what we did a few months ago, as we wait for Bat/Cat to start?
    I'll probably do a big re-read in January. I'd be up for rankings, retrospectives, etc. Once I've read everything, I'll have a stronger opinion on things like "Should I re-read The Price" or "Should I never ever ever re-read The Price" - it'll also make re-reading Knightmares more interesting when we are looking backwards instead of jumping in w/o knowing what was going on.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I'll be very interested when it's all done to do a full-read through and analyze it to see if anything can be interpreted in new ways. Though in terms of ranking the individual stories and arcs, I feel like my list will probably be mostly the same as last ranking, as unless City Of Bane really sticks the landing in the final 4 issues, I'll probably be putting it somewhere in the middle. (I think it's also really hard to rank it in general, just because it feels like 4 different stories apart of one big arc; similar to how I tend to rank each part of Knightmares as its own separate story)

I'm all in for this idea!
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I'm all in for this idea!
    I'm in. Sounds like fun.

Wonderful! We shall plan on that - I'm looking forward to a reread!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Awesome idea pal! I'm super looking forward to reading King's whole run in a one-er!

Mighty Member

Should we start after the new year? 85 comes out the 18th, then the next two Wednesdays are Christmas and New Year's Day. I mean, I can start whenever but it'd be nice if we're all around and can keep somewhat apace

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Should we start after the new year? 85 comes out the 18th, then the next two Wednesdays are Christmas and New Year's Day. I mean, I can start whenever but it'd be nice if we're all around and can keep somewhat apace
    Well, last year, they started closing threads to keep the server from being overloaded, so I was thinking after New Years I'd start the new thread off with the reread.

Also, are people excited for the Annual this week?

Also, are people excited for the Annual this week?
    More than any other issue King has put out, yes.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    More than any other issue King has put out, yes.
    Really? Wow, whyso?

Really? Wow, whyso?
    More so when it was the Fornes/Weeks team, but this still seems to be the mixture of everything that has really worked in King's run so far. I personally think that his single issues are the most satisfying. I think that some of the best work on the title has been in collaboration with those two. And personally the descriptions for both the Weeks and Fornes stories just sound like good solid short stories that I have wanted to see out of the Batman title. Less Gotham altering stakes and more solid fun stories.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    More so when it was the Fornes/Weeks team, but this still seems to be the mixture of everything that has really worked in King's run so far. I personally think that his single issues are the most satisfying. I think that some of the best work on the title has been in collaboration with those two. And personally the descriptions for both the Weeks and Fornes stories just sound like good solid short stories that I have wanted to see out of the Batman title. Less Gotham altering stakes and more solid fun stories.
    I think there have been some shorter arcs, like Super Friends, Cold Days, The Best Man, and Ballad of Kite Man which have been incredibly satisfying, but the one shots, like Brave and the Mold, Gotham Girl Year One, Knightmares, Annual #2, and a few others have been right up there.

I'm pretty excited - I will be curious if people give it a chance.

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Mighty Member

Is it too much to hope that the wizard summoned the dragon because of the Gotham Knights losing streak? It's not unsupported by the text . . .