Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Ms. Marvel, #6

Kamala teams up with Wolverine to fight sewer alligators in G. Willow Wilson and Jacob Wyatt's "Ms. Marvel" #6.

Full review here.

This series just keeps raising the bar, making Kamala Khan more lovable with every issue. I think this issue deserved a perfect 5 out of 5 just for Kamala's geek-out when she met Wolverine. Now she's also set to team up with Spider-Man. That means she's already hitting Marvel's big two. That's not bad for a character that hasn't been around for very long. She still has a long ways to go, but I've been enjoying the ride every step of the way.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

This series has been perfect the whole way through and I can see why the #1 has gone to 6 printings. This is a terrific book.

The only really minor thing for me is the art. And even then it's not bad or anything, it just looks different. I prefer Alphona but Wyatt's art here is alright. Can't wait for #7.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Sadly, I found this issue pretty average. Maybe it's the overt focus on Kamala's geekiness. I mean, sure, it makes sense, but it just felt so much like pandering to the fanbase,. Or maybe it's Wolverine saying he likes Kamala for hardly any reason (nowhere near as bad as the Gamora likes X-23 scene from All-New), but it feels like Wilson is trying a bit too hard to make us like Kamala. I already like the character, but the barely felt like a character in this issue. The issue as a whole feels like a filler issue or part of a filler arc.

Still, I like that she's learning to use her powers, and her meeting an idol is nice. But I wish it was someone else. It's too soon for Carol, but Wolverine feels a little forced. Like, so we can get a reaction shot from Kamala when he dies or something. Still, it was definitely fun, and I'm still interested in seeing where things go.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force