All-New Member

Default writing a graphic novel but I don't have an artist... suggestions?

I'm in a band and I'm using some of my songs to narrate a sci-fi graphic novel. it's turned out to be pretty long and ambitious but I think it's good. only problem, I'm a complete newbie and I don't draw well myself so I need an artist but don't really know how to meet people, no less go about getting it published. I'd love to meet someone to work with, who has more knowledge of this media than I do. I'm willing to pay for work.
    anyways... if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.
    thanks for your time and understanding.
    d-

Invincible Member

This very site has a creator showcase board.

Check out deviantart.com

If you're willing to pay, you'll probably have an easier time getting an artist.

Last year, I posted on a facebook group on connecting writers and artists to ask the cost of drawing a graphic novel for logistical and budgeting purposes, and very quickly got a dozen people sending me art samples.

I'd recommend joining some forums where aspiring artists go. Deviantart might be one way to go. There is a reddit group for collaborations as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ComicBookCollabs/

You might want to start with some shorter pieces rather than a graphic novel. It'll get your feet wet in terms of learning about the medium, and you could have a built-in audience through your music.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

All-New Member

I just found it. thanks!

All-New Member

thank you. yes, I think it's probably better to start smaller. it's a unique project but I figure on realistically going one page at a time. I will check the reddit site. I appreciate your feedback.