Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Man and Superman swap powersets

Mr. Mxyzptlk and Beyonder decide to switch the powers of two of the most prominent heroes in their universes. What ensues?

Superman is thankful he has a lot of friends to lean on for being wildly unequipped to handle his usual problems, I imagine.

Spiderman's enemies develop a great deal of psychological trauma.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Superman is thankful he has a lot of friends to lean on for being wildly unequipped to handle his usual problems, I imagine.

Spiderman's enemies develop a great deal of psychological trauma.
    Man, poor Titania if they ever cross paths again.

The Spider-Man versus Firelord rematch becomes a legitimate possibility. Hulk is no longer the strongest there is. Parker saves a lot on webbing expenses.

more power, more responsibility? small chance he goes the same route as when he had cap universe powers in that what if.

or he gets a new set of villains eager to find out how he got so strong (like with the uni power)

honestly, anything can happen really.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Man, poor Titania if they ever cross paths again.

her gettng arachnaphobia again would be hilarious

Spider-Man might resume his Prodigy identity.

Superman probably spends more time with the Justice League.

Spidey has flashbacks of his Captain Universe days. Maybe even a rematch against Magneto.

Superman eventually splits into Spidey Red and Spidey Blue, for some reason.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    more power, more responsibility? small chance he goes the same route as when he had cap universe powers in that what if.

or he gets a new set of villains eager to find out how he got so strong (like with the uni power)

honestly, anything can happen really.
    Actually, that's an interesting point. The sensory input of Superman can create a lot of pressure to save EVERYONE cuz you can pretty much hear everyone.

Spectacular Member

Does current Supes still have the Kryptonian armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Actually, that's an interesting point. The sensory input of Superman can create a lot of pressure to save EVERYONE cuz you can pretty much hear everyone.
    Even without the senses, you give that kind of power to Spider-man, he's going to run himself ragged trying to save the entire world by himself.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Even without the senses, you give that kind of power to Spider-man, he's going to run himself ragged trying to save the entire world by himself.
    Honestly, it has always seemed like a narrative conceit that Supes has time to play Clark Kent or sleep or what have you. Peter pretty much has the opposite: a narrative mandate that he always be stretched too thin and running himself ragged.

With no threat of kryptonite or red suns in the Marvel Universe, Spidey becomes pretty much invincible.
    There's something I've been pondering...do both of them have to learn how to use their new powers? If that's the case I doubt Supes would be any good as Spidersupes. He's too big and bulky and wouldn't have the agility to pull off Spiderman feats. Super spider would have an easier time figuring out his powers for sure.
    "Your politics bore me. Your demeanor is that of a pouty child."-Thanos GotG

Pete wouldn't run himself ragged as SuperSpider. He wouldn't be able to; Superman never technically needed to eat, drink or sleep, since the sun gives him sustenance. He does it because he wants to feel human. Pete already knows what it's like to be human.
    Last edited by Cody; 06-12-2018 at 01:06 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenPeace View Post
    With no threat of kryptonite or red suns in the Marvel Universe, Spidey becomes pretty much invincible.
    There's something I've been pondering...do both of them have to learn how to use their new powers? If that's the case I doubt Supes would be any good as Spidersupes. He's too big and bulky and wouldn't have the agility to pull off Spiderman feats. Super spider would have an easier time figuring out his powers for sure.

I'm pretty sure that there are red suns in the Marvel Universe.