Thread: Devil May Cry 5

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    New details on DMC 5, particularly regarding V spoilers:
    who apparently isn't Vergil
    end of spoilers

https://segmentnext.com/2018/07/11/d...cry-5-details/
    Either spoilers:
    he really isn't Vergil, or Capcom's just trying to pull a fast one on us so we'll actually be surprised.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

50% chance Vitale is just Vergil's clone/nobody/remnant/reincarnation or something.

I'm not sure I want him to be Dante/Lady's kid because it feels like we should have seen him already. I rather he just be some dude not connected to Sparda. It would make the dmc world feel less small/insular.

Either way in terms of his fighting style and who he turns out to be, he's probably the character im most interested in.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-14-2018 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I rather he just be some dude not connected to Sparda. It would make the dmc world feel less small/insular.
    I agree, the DMC world needs to be expanded. There is so much potential

Out of curiosity, do you guys have any ideas for a game not starring the Sparda progeny?

I was thinking they could do something with a Yokai-based protagonist and set it in Vaguely Asia instead of the Vaguely European settings the series already used. Plus you could always use the Darkstalkers as they would be an easy fit for the DMC universe.

Out of curiosity, do you guys have any ideas for a game not starring the Sparda progeny?

I was thinking they could do something with a Yokai-based protagonist and set it in Vaguely Asia

I always thought a Lady/trish spinoff would have been cool. You could have them be like DC's Birds of Prey. Trish's role infiltrating the order could be used again with a different big bad organization. Lady is more proactive than Dante and isnt as reliant on him to get the job done.

Ironically Bayonetta had the right idea. You need a new faction/gimmick to set up the demon busting. Nero and the Order had the right idea but they screwed the pooch by making him quarter demon lite. He also didn't stand out much from young Dante which made you wish they did more young Dante adventures. That's the bigger issue and im hoping Vitale doesn't fall into the same trap.

In response to Ni-oh using Yokai: "So what?". They don't have the monopoly on yokai and as long Capcom has a distinct take it wouldnt be that much a problem.

I was thinking a protagonist that is a yokai so maybe DMC could have a fullbreed demon as a protagonist?

I always thought a Lady/trish spinoff would have been cool. You could have them be like DC's Birds of Prey. Trish's role infiltrating the order could be used again with a different big bad organization. Lady is more proactive than Dante and isnt as reliant on him to get the job done.

Ironically Bayonetta had the right idea. You need a new faction/gimmick to set up the demon busting. Nero and the Order had the right idea but they screwed the pooch by making him quarter demon lite. He also didn't stand out much from young Dante which made you wish they did more young Dante adventures. That's the bigger issue and im hoping Vitale doesn't fall into the same trap.

In response to Ni-oh using Yokai: "So what?". They don't have the monopoly on yokai and as long Capcom has a distinct take it wouldnt be that much a problem.

I was thinking a protagonist that is a yokai so maybe DMC could have a fullbreed demon as a protagonist?
    Add in Lucia and I think I'd like that game.

In your hypothetical game, are yokai a separate species from demons?

Add in Lucia and I think I'd like that game.

In your hypothetical game, are yokai a separate species from demons?
    If anything you could always remake DMC2 with Trish and Lady instead of Dante and use that game as a test case for a Lady/Trish spinoff.

It could go either way.

Well, it's about as close as you're gonna get because Yokai aren't a thing in DMC. There's demons and humans. That's it.

But...it's all hypothetical in here, so I guess it doesn't matter. Although I can't imagine why Capcom would ever turn DMC into Onimusha instead of just...bringing Onimusha back.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 07-21-2018 at 01:28 PM.

There is always room for expansion and it's not like we've seen everything the DMC universe has to offer. Just saying.

15 minutes of gameplay footage.

Extraordinary Member

- Dante's new weapon looks ridiculous and awesome and I love it.
    - I like that Nero's gun seems quite a bit stronger this time around, and that it has more functions.
    - The Devil Breaker looks hella fun to use, especially the surfing bit.
    - I love how the boss battle transitions to different locations during the gameplay instead of via cut scenes. I hope that's the case for all the boss fights.
    - I wonder how the time stop will work.
    - Neat idea to have Devil Trigger play more clearly the better your stylish rank is.
    - Self-confident and cocky Nero is great. I'm glad he's grown into his own since DMC4.
    - Damn this is a pretty looking game. I was a bit off about the style at first, but I've been completely won over. It just looks great.
    - We get some interesting tidbits about the story. Seems like there's a power vaccum in hell and several demons are trying to gather power to take the throne. And this giant tree and whatever fruit grows from it seems to have a big part in it all.

So far, so damn good. I hope that the next trailer shows us like what Lady, Trish and Kyrie are up to.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-21-2018 at 02:33 PM.

The game looks cool and i can't wait to try it.

The bit with the bug in the tree shows us that there are metroidvania or limited exploration elements.

Storywise there is mentions of Nero looking for a guy with a cane. I thought it was Morrison.

Character-wise Nero and Dante are growing on me. I'm still more interested in Vitale and Vergil but they do have a certain charm.

Not a fan of Nico but maybe the game would change my mind.

I've been reading Justice League Dark and I wouldn't mind it taking a few cues from there.