Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Batgirl VS Riddler #1 preview

https://www.cbr.com/preview-batman-p...-vs-riddler-1/

Barbara's gonna have to invest in some concealer...
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-11-2018 at 09:44 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I’m excited to read it!

Astonishing Member

I am dying laughing at this premise! Seeley does a really good show-don't-tell with Riddler's tics, he's going on and on about his having animal desires but being above them or bored of them, but here he is ... literally just being like "OH MY GOD CATWOMAN GETS TO MARRY BATMAN? THAT MEANS I SHOULD GET TO MARRY A BATPERSON TOO! Because I'm clever and thiefy and Catwoman and I have done some similar hijinx. Oh I know, I'll pick the smart female one!"

It certainly draws the comparison chart out between Riddler and Catwoman - stylistically they have a lot in common, beyond just adherence to a theme. They're outright classics, hitting peak stride in those iconic '66 years stories, with the pun-name henchmen and the newspaper headlines and the Pop Crime. But it shows the differences, too.

Riddler is a nasty person, Catwoman isn't. Riddler fancies himself a thief but he's a killer. Catwoman maybe in self defense once, what with the life of crime and real bad people coming at her. They're both stylish and vain, but Riddler is arrogant, superiorist, looks down on people. Catwoman just likes doing what she wants and looking good, living above he means, and flaunting it.

Neat!

I hope Babs punches him good.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

This looks pretty good. I miss wacky death traps.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I am dying laughing at this premise! Seeley does a really good show-don't-tell with Riddler's tics, he's going on and on about his having animal desires but being above them or bored of them, but here he is ... literally just being like "OH MY GOD CATWOMAN GETS TO MARRY BATMAN? THAT MEANS I SHOULD GET TO MARRY A BATPERSON TOO! Because I'm clever and thiefy and Catwoman and I have done some similar hijinx. Oh I know, I'll pick the smart female one!"
    That would be even funnier if he went for Batwoman/Kate Kane.

Sue me, but a villain having a crush on the hero is one of my favorite tropes just because it can get amusing depending on how it's portrayed.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    Sue me, but a villain having a crush on the hero is one of my favorite tropes just because it can get amusing depending on how it's portrayed.
    Y'know, this just reminded me of that DC Super Hero Girls episode that had Riddler causing trouble just to ask Batgirl out .

Oh lord, don't tell me that King/Janin have made open-shirted Riddler into a thing .

I think Seeley writes a solid Barbara, and his Riddler seems in fine form here, although the premise seems a little wonky if not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Hey, Quiz and Query .

Riddler's intentions for Batgirl makes for an interesting contrast considering the latter is in her Burnside costume.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post

It certainly draws the comparison chart out between Riddler and Catwoman - stylistically they have a lot in common, beyond just adherence to a theme. They're outright classics, hitting peak stride in those iconic '66 years stories, with the pun-name henchmen and the newspaper headlines and the Pop Crime. But it shows the differences, too.

Riddler is a nasty person, Catwoman isn't. Riddler fancies himself a thief but he's a killer. Catwoman maybe in self defense once, what with the life of crime and real bad people coming at her. They're both stylish and vain, but Riddler is arrogant, superiorist, looks down on people. Catwoman just likes doing what she wants and looking good, living above he means, and flaunting it.

Neat!

I hope Babs punches him good.
    I didn't catch that. That makes it even better XD