Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

This is interesting news.
    I'm still wondering who's gonna replace Diane Nelson...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Jim Lee is taking over as CCO is the scariest news I've ever seen
    Pretty much ripped the words from my mouth.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    This is interesting news.
    I'm still wondering who's gonna replace Diane Nelson...
    Wish Jenette Khan was back?

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post
    Her or Karen Berger...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Kahn was the person who adamantly refused to bring back Hal Jordan and the GLC for 10 years. Wherever she is, she can stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Then he should return the salary they paid him. But FYI, a co-producer of a movie outranks an associate producer. The job doesn't "mean nothing." And the story of Green Lantern very closely hewed to Geoff's concepts for the property. If this movie had been a smash hit, I'm sure his fans would give Johns big credit for it.
    Johns was a big guy at DC by then and co-created the Parallax creature and it's not strange for creators or writers to get some kind of Producers credit either Co or Executive but they have very little say in the production of the film. I mean we don't give credit to Stan Lee for all the Marvel films he has executive producer on.

BANNED

Every. Single. Day.

I miss Janette Khan so much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Johns was a big guy at DC by then and co-created the Parallax creature and it's not strange for creators or writers to get some kind of Producers credit either Co or Executive but they have very little say in the production of the film. I mean we don't give credit to Stan Lee for all the Marvel films he has executive producer on.
    The guy was one of the producers, and the story reflected all his concepts for the property, but he had nothing to do with its flopping.

OK.

I guess he had nothing to do with Justice League either. But plenty to do with Wonder Woman. Right?

Success always has a thousand fathers, but failure is always an orphan.

Anyway, Johns is no longer the CCO and president of DC Entertainment, and you can draw your own conclusions from that. I wish him the best in his new endeavors, as long as he steers clear of Green Lantern.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-11-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    How did he ruin it? I mean really. He updated a very corny character to better work in the here and now and appeal to a wide audience and not just golden age fanboys who just want him to be written like he was by CC beck all those decades ago. There was NOTHING in his new origin of Shazam that ruined anything. Billy is still the same kid he is just more of a REAL kid instead of some idolized version of a perfect boy who could never exist. The "holy moley ah shucks" version just would not sell in this day and age except to a very small vocal audience.
    That’s exactly how he was ruined. Captain Marvel is supposed be a corny character. Turning it into something more “realistic” and making Billy a jerk perverts who the character always was. It may work in an AU series, but not with the mainstream version. People point out that Marvel characters are the ones we relate to and DC characters are the ones we aspire to be. Billy is the perfect example of that. No one wants to read about a kid who stays in his room all day and plays Fortnite.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    That’s exactly how he was ruined. Captain Marvel is supposed be a corny character. Turning it into something more “realistic” and making Billy a jerk perverts who the character always was. It may work in an AU series, but not with the mainstream version. People point out that Marvel characters are the ones we relate to and DC characters are the ones we aspire to be. Billy is the perfect example of that. No one wants to read about a kid who stays in his room all day and plays Fortnite.
    Since the last time this topic came up, I've had the chance to read more of Johns' take. I'm still not a fan, though there's tons of potential with the new Marvel Family, but I'm not counting Johns out because he's written a great Billy in the past during JSA and I'm sure he could write something in between those takes if he so chose.

That all said, the bolded statement has always been BS. When people say that, they're pretty much only talking about the A-listers and even then it doesn't even apply to every A-lister.

I wonder if we'll start seeing a larger push of Wildstorm again or maybe another try at the integration.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

The guy was one of the producers, and the story reflected all his concepts for the property, but he had nothing to do with its flopping.

OK.

I guess he had nothing to do with Justice League either. But plenty to do with Wonder Woman. Right?

Anyway, Johns is no longer the CCO and president of DC Entertainment, and you can draw your own conclusions from that. I wish him the best in his new endeavors, as long as he steers clear of Green Lantern.
    No Patty Jenkins deserves credit take Kevin Feige he deserves credit for planning the MCU, getting the talent, and keeping the plan and things going forward but I give the individual films credits and failures to their directors unless the studio interfered with production. Also Johns credit and blame for the DCEU is different than Green Lantern given he had a different position in the company by then.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 06-11-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

OK.

Sorry. He'll be writing and producing the GLC movie.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Sorry. He'll be writing and producing the GLC movie.
    I think the GLC movie is a unicorn he was sent to hunt for.