Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Jim Lee is taking over as CCO is the scariest news I've ever seen
    Be afraid, be VERY afraid!

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Great. Here comes UNBIRTH: THE RETURN OF THE NEW 52!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    better title than AFTERBIRTH: RETURN OF THE 52 TOO.
    Or: CHILDBIRTH: THE NEW RETURN OF THE NEW 52.
    Though it's probably better than MISCARRIGE: THE TRUTH ABOUT THE RETURN OF THE NEW 52.

Peace

LOL.

Seriously though, I know I'm a freaking broken record with this , but Lee as CCO, and Bendis with the company, the creator of Marvel's Ultimate U? A secondary Earth with a New 52 spin just seems to be in the stars at this point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

One just simply has to hope that, after helping spearhead not just one, but TWO failed reboots of beloved comic book universes, that Jim Lee has learned his lesson by now.

This is music to my ears! I can't wait to read more Johns comics besides Doomsday Clock.

That is both funny and scary at the same time.
    WHO DAT?!!

Yeah, cause that's what DC needs right now... another imprint.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    LOL.

Seriously though, I know I'm a freaking broken record with this , but Lee as CCO, and Bendis with the company, the creator of Marvel's Ultimate U? A secondary Earth with a New 52 spin just seems to be in the stars at this point.
    Why would they do a secondary earth with a new 52 spin when the main continuity is still based on it?

Fantastic Member

Geoff Johns isn't the only writer that prefer to have a rich continuity, also Tom King, Scott Snyder and Grant Morrison, I don't think we shall worry about the return of New 52 yet.

Twitter comments from Vulture editor Kyle Buchanan on why Geoff left the position, reposted from another thread:
    @KyleBuchanan
    I remember hearing that Geoff Johns rewrote so much of JUSTICE LEAGUE when Zack Snyder was still directing that Chris Terrio would complain, "Maybe *try* using some of my pages?"

@KyleBuchanan
    WB was allegedly so unsatisfied with how the Johns/Snyder version was shaping up that they convened a footage summit for *other* writers including Joss Whedon, Allan Heinberg, Seth Grahame-Smith, and Andrea Berloff to offer feedback. Then they hired Whedon.

@MattPatches
    So why would they hire him to write more movies?

@KyleBuchanan
    Welcome to Hollywood
    While Geoff Johns probably should hold some responbility for the movie's quality depend on what actually happened behind the screen, the original more Injustice-like script clearly didn't satisfy WB, or they won't have asked a massive rewrite on the first place.
    Last edited by qwerty3w; 06-11-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Why would they do a secondary earth with a new 52 spin when the main continuity is still based on it?
    Because the current continuity isn't based on it. That was a line that was true for like, 3 seconds before the reality began to assert itself. The current continuity is pre-Flashpoint with very few New 52 supplements tossed in (like Cyborg a JL founder, Steve Trevor a young, viable main love interest for WW), and some brand new ideas plopped in (ex. Jon Kent). The foundation though is clearly the pre-FP base. Most New 52 hallmarks have been completely phased out/erased over the course of these past two years since Rebirth started.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-11-2018 at 11:42 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Because the current continuity isn't based on it. That was a line that was true for like, 3 seconds before the reality began to assert itself. The current continuity is pre-Flashpoint with very few New 52 supplements tossed in (like Cyborg a JL founder, Steve Trevor a young, viable main love interest for WW), and some brand new ideas plopped in (ex. Jon Kent). The foundation though is clearly the pre-FP base. Most New 52 hallmarks have been completely phased out/erased over the course of these past two years since Rebirth started.
    It's actually the other way around. All the books I have read were still continuation from new 52 with some stuff from pre-fp being back.

DC didn't at all discard N52 with rebirth.

BANNED

They removed everything that was unpopular or controversial. Just who exactly is begging for New 52 Creeper over the classic? And thats just one example. Same goes for Deathstroke, the New 52 Teen Titans, then there's the changes to the Wonder Woman mythos. They retained the Snyder Batman run, the Tomasi Batman and Robin book, Simon and Jess are running around and so on, Batman Beyond's integration to the main timeline is intact. There's really nothing to bring back other than controversy.

It's actually the other way around. All the books I have read were still continuation from new 52 with some stuff from pre-fp being back.

It was that way in the beginning, briefly. Now? Especially after Superman Reborn, this is the pre-FP world. Most of the New 52 elements are gone in regards to pre-existing mythoi. Especially considering the main point of the initiative was younger heroes. That obviously ended right from the start when they added the 10 years back to the history. There's a whole thread dedicated to the pre-FP stuff coming back. And the thread is huge, because the examples are huge. This continuity is easily somewhere in the realm of 95% pre-FP, 3% N52, 2% new stuff.

They removed everything that was unpopular or controversial. Just who exactly is begging for New 52 Creeper over the classic? And thats just one example. Same goes for Deathstroke, the New 52 Teen Titans, then there's the changes to the Wonder Woman mythos. They retained the Snyder Batman run, the Tomasi Batman and Robin book, Simon and Jess are running around and so on, Batman Beyond's integration to the main timeline is intact. There's really nothing to bring back other than controversy.
    What there is to capitalize on is the idea of the core heroes being younger. That was not an unpopular thing to explore, and still is not. It just wasn't wise to do it as an out-and-out replacement of everything else. It should have been a supplement. That's all I mean when I throw out the term "new 52". Its the name of the closest example of the general idea which I firmly believes has legs, just as its own thing. Just as I believe Marvel's Ultimate Universe still has legs. That failed the first time because of bad decision-making after building a solid lore. I hope that one will be rebuilt as well.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-11-2018 at 12:09 PM.

BANNED

Quoted for truth.

Fantastic Member

Batman Beyond has been a part of the main timeline at least since Morrison's run.

Yup. BB is not a New 52 thing.

So, ummm...is he going to finish Doomsday Clock?...

But yay on a Shazam ongoing!