Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I'm talking about Johns making it a plot point within the remaining issue of the mini.

I now very strongly hope this story is not canon. I think this is pretty disgusting honestly
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    You are over-exaggerating. No one is going to explore Jason and Barbara as a couple because of this scene. That's not the point of the panel.
    Just because their lips touch, doesn't mean that this is supposed to be a sexual action.

We don't even know if Three Jokers will actually end up to be in-continuity.
    Even if, Jason and Barbara will go separate ways after this. Barbara is still dating Bard - or maybe Batgirl writers will bring back Luke, Dick, Ted Kord or some other old/new flame - and Red Hood writers will stick with Isabel, Essence, Artemis or someone completely new.
    Ted Kord would be nice. I think he's a pretty good fit for Barbara, honestly.

Well not a fan of that panel...

spoilers:
    If they do end up hooking up, the book will be more known for these 2 having sex then anything, we'll see how Geoff spins this. Is it a simple kiss or something more.

Regardless, I'm not a fan and doesn't add anything but a possible plot point going forward. I remember they tried pulling something like this in Batman Eternal? when Dick was off with Spyral.
    end of spoilers

it's not in contiunity, so doesn't really bother me.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Huge spoilers for Three Jokers #2, beware

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eiu6y1MV...jpg&name=large

spoilers:
    I really like how they turn their trauma into something so special and more meaningful than just "bonding". Very powerful. I can't wait to run to my favorite comic shop to purchase book 2.
    end of spoilers
    I knew they were going to do this, but at least I don't expect this to go anywhere past this comic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I knew they were going to do this, but at least I don't expect this to go anywhere past this comic.
    When you look at the Batman line as a whole most of the writers right now I think lean Batgirl/Nightwing. Except for the Batgirl title. That leans Batgirl/Terrorist.

"I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Not sure why its a travesty anytime Babs looks at someone other than Dick
    For that matter its just more of Johns not caring what other people are doing with these characters. If it wasn't for the sales I would say this book needs to be ignored

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    For that matter its just more of Johns not caring what other people are doing with these characters. If it wasn't for the sales I would say this book needs to be ignored
    I don't think the problem is that so much as her hooking up with another former Robin and just how relationship driven the character has been for the past few years.

Oh, is that really Jeannie? Or just someone forced to dress as her? Is this kid the real unborn child from Killing Joke, or another person forced to play a role? I cannot recall whether or not Joker confirmed her death in the Killing Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Because of the relationships the characters have with eachother. It's not an issue if Barbara has the eyes for Blue Beetle or Batwing, but it gets messy with the established histories of the characters. You can't just plug and play like that when they have a background
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think the problem is that so much as her hooking up with another former Robin and just how relationship driven the character has been for the past few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Because of the relationships the characters have with eachother. It's not an issue if Barbara has the eyes for Blue Beetle or Batwing, but it gets messy with the established histories of the characters. You can't just plug and play like that when they have a background
    Indeed, the issue is how the whole thing comes off as Barbara going after any guy that reminds her of Dick while Jason is reduced once again, to Dick's stand-in rather than his own character. Maybe if there were an actual story between Jason and Barbara showing signs about the two of them being attracted to each other this wouldn't be so tasteless. But that is not the case and actually, it comes out of the blue.

Now, if this is just a single scene with no further plot relevance, then is just a tasteless attempt to artificially create hype that ignores both characters' backstories. Not unlike to what happened to the TKJ animated film that had Barbara seducing Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Oh, is that really Jeannie? Or just someone forced to dress as her? Is this kid the real unborn child from Killing Joke, or another person forced to play a role? I cannot recall whether or not Joker confirmed her death in the Killing Joke.
    Police officers confirmed she was killed, and that was in fact what pushed the comedian into despair. Actually bringing her back would be another shining example of Johns completely missing the point of the stories he's supposed to be using as inspiration.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Eh I'm not a fan but I don't hate it either. At the very least it's not worse than the concept of being 3 Jokers and Batman never noticed, which IMO is much weaker than some ship fodder.

So will the Joker(s) be made to pay for their crimes at all? Will there be any point to this series other than "there are (at least) three of us, get over it"?