Astonishing Member

Default Batman: The Animated Series is 30 today!

Happy 30th Anniversary to the legendary Batman: The Animated Series. When I think about Batman, it's always Batman: The Animated Series.

OMG! Happy Anniversary to a Legend!!

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-07-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

The reason I am here on this forum today, with bat39 as my username no less! The reason I'm a Batman fan, a DC fan, hell, even a superhero fan! At a deeper level, possibly what has shaped my love for film noir, crime dramas, and a host of other genres.

Happy Birthday, Legend!
    Last edited by bat39; 09-05-2022 at 10:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

The greatest version of this character ever.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Anyone else feel its a crazy coincidence that Michael Keaton and BTAS share a birthday?

Especially considering how much the Keaton/Burton movies influenced the show and helped ensure its very existence!

BANNED

The GOAT. Never bettered.

Astonishing Member

What are some of your favorite episodes, characters, moments or just memories associated with BTAS?

I vividly remember the episode 'The Forgotten' as a kid...was probably the first story I ever watched with amnesia as a plot device. The helpless Bruce Wayne trapped in the forced labor camp really disturbed me back then!

I think the first episode I ever watched was the one where Alfred and Leslie go to the health spa and Poison Ivy turns them into trees.

The 'Feat of Clay' two-parter really stood out to me as a kid. Two Face's origin story too. 'Heart of Ice' of course.

'Appointment in Crime Alley' remains one of my favorite Batman stories in any medium! I was thrilled, a few years after first watching the episode, to read the original 70's story that inspired it, 'There's No Hope in Crime Alley'.

While BTAS got me used to solo Batman as the default, I did enjoy the rare occasions Robin used to pop up. 'Fear of Victory' and 'Joker's Christmas' were the first episodes I watched with him. Unfortunately, I only watched the excellent 'Robin's Reckoning' years later in my teens.

I honestly didn't fully get 'Mask of the Phantasm' when I first watched it as a kid...could only truly appreciate it when I rewatched it years later.

As a kid, one of the things that really fascinated me about the show was the gadgets and the vehicles. The grappling gun really intrigued me. I loved the Batmobile. The Batboat was another favorite of mine. Somehow I didn't care as much for the Batwing.

Of course, what really got me into the show back then were the action figures (I still have a few!) and the tie-in comics. I think a few issues of Batman Adventures were among the earliest Batman comics I read.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Though I had some fond exposure to Batman via reruns of the 60s show and Burton's films and Dark Knight Returns, but BTAS was definitely (along with DKR) my best early exposure to Batman and probably did a lot to cement my love of Batman and his comics.

Little gems of moments like this (from "Prophecy of Doom") are why I love BTAS ("As the Bard once said, the fault lies not in the stars, but in ourselves"):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yiz4KqbgII

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    At a deeper level, [BTAS was] possibly what has shaped my love for film noir, crime dramas, and a host of other genres.
    I second this. I definitely didn't grow up watching Bogart films or loving Double Indemnity, so BTAS definitely probably influenced so much of my love of certain genres of films.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-06-2022 at 07:31 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

What are some of your favorite episodes, characters, moments or just memories associated with BTAS?
    For me, Batman's rogues gallery will always be a highlight. So naturally, Almost Got 'Im is an all-time favorite (XD)

The grappling gun really intrigued me.
    Me too. Among the many gadgets in Batman's arsenal, the Grapple Gun is a standout...

Of course, what really got me into the show back then were the action figures (I still have a few!) and the tie-in comics. I think a few issues of Batman Adventures were among the earliest Batman comics I read.
    I was the opposite, the show brought me back to the comics & then eventually the merchandise became another interest.
    Among the numerous BTAS swag, my favorite will always be the trading cards & the gum that was included (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-07-2022 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

This show made me the fan I am today and I know I'm not alone in that.