Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

3 Jokers is the kind of idea that necessitates a retcon in the future. Like the art though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I like Geoff Johns but i don't find the idea of having more than 1 Joker very appealing...
    I don’t like the idea of having one joker very appealing....
    Seriously though, if they explain how the comedian became one of the jokers, i might be down with this.

While I'm not going to race out to buy it...

Worse ideas have wound up leading to worthwhile comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    I'll be onboard for the concept if Jason can kill at least one of them.
    I wouldn't mind if Babs shot and crippled a Joker too.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I wouldn't mind if Babs shot and crippled a Joker too.
    I would, Batgirl using a gun or crippling any villain is terrible writing for her character, as bad as if not worse than people wanting Batman to kill bad guys.

I am still not convinced Three Jokers should be something other than a one-shot book. I imagine the story is no longer in continuity but DC could have 2 Jokers. There was a story in Batman right before A Lonely Place of Dying where a criminal masqueraded as the Joker and at the end of the story the criminal admitted to like being the Joker and tried to recreate the Joker's accident (by jumping into a vat of acid) to become a new Joker. Batman told him the acids today where stronger then when Red Hood became the Joker back then. He supposedly died after leaping into the acid. If it was retconned into existing and he survived it could explain why there are 2 Jokers in the DC Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't really see the point of a "Three Jokers" element, especially when it seems like modern writers struggle just to write one Joker, but I guess this will probably end up being Johns' grand statement on the Batman mythos.
    I think the explanation for it will be the fulcrum on which the series rises or falls. Personally when Batman got in the Metron chair and asked who the Joker really was and was shocked at the answer, I about fell out of my chair. When we found out the answer ("there are three") my mind was double-blown.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not because I don't know the idea yet. I'm nervous about it but I'm also dying to know what's meant by it. And though I don't love Johns' Batman I do love his superhero writing generally so I have high hopes for it.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Fabok is on record (instagram) that it’s “...not what you think it is”, Johns had to “sell” him on the idea because he was “Sceptical” (sic). So, take that for what it’s worth. I’m not a Johns fan, but the story does intrigue me a bit.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 06-14-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Spectacular Member

I'm still intrigued, but I feel like i would be more interested if this was an Elseworlds comic or an animated feature. Multiple versions isn't really novel in Earth-0 what with multiple universes, timelines, time travel, etc.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

I think someone mentioned it earlier, but if this isn't some sort of bait-and-switch, and is in fact 3 different Jokers, then this will have to be retconned eventually. HOWEVER, I'm hoping Geoff Johns knocks our socks off with this story.

Wonder if theres a twist involving Clayface and maybe Film Freak that Joker put them up to it to pull a fast one on Batman.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Geoff Johns + Jason Fabok = me buying this book
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

The problem is, Where are the other 2 Jokers? Right now the main one is trying to ruin the BatCat wedding, but what are the other 2 doing during all this?

Why introduce 2 Jokers but keep showing us the same one?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Isn't this story supposed to have multiversal/continuity implications? I thought the three Jokers were supposed to represent the three major continuity eras of the DC Multiverse/Universe: Pre-COIE, Pre-FLASHPOINT, and Post-FLASHPOINT.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I’m curious to see where this all goes, and Fabok’s Art will be gorgeous no doubt.