Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

At the moment I'm moreso interested in this story thematically rather than literally. Like I don't really care how or why there are three different Jokers running around. What I am interested in is the idea of Bruce, Barbara, and Jason exploring what the concept of the Joker means to them, and to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    I've stopped caring. It will happen or it won't. It will matter or it won't. I don't care either way.
    Same. It's been so long at this point I don't have any interest anymore. When it takes this long to follow up on a storyline, just table it and let it go.
    Or give us a quick perfunctory explanation and let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    At the moment I'm moreso interested in this story thematically rather than literally. Like I don't really care how or why there are three different Jokers running around. What I am interested in is the idea of Bruce, Barbara, and Jason exploring what the concept of the Joker means to them, and to everyone else.
    Huh. Maybe that's why there are Three Jokers...for three Bat-People.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Another tease from Fabok

https://twitter.com/JasonFabok/statu...94639907241984

And going by his comments in the responses, no news at NYCC either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Another tease from Fabok

That bloody crowbar .

Personally I'm not very impressed by it. Since Jason went solo he's been carrying a crowbar and the idea of him dishing a beating to Joker on his own already happened in Under the Hood.

As one of Jason's biggest fans, I'm wary of Johns approach to Jason. From the little we've seen of Three Jokers, it seems like Johns is writing it as sort of immediate sequel to Under The Hood, thus ignoring nearly a decade of character development for Jason.

Personally I'm not very impressed by it. Since Jason went solo he's been carrying a crowbar and the idea of him dishing a beating to Joker on his own already happened in Under the Hood.

As one of Jason's biggest fans, I'm wary of Johns approach to Jason. From the little we've seen of Three Jokers, it seems like Johns is writing it as sort of immediate sequel to Under The Hood, thus ignoring nearly a decade of character development for Jason.
    Aside from Earth One and Batman himself, Johns hasn't written many Bat-characters extensively, so not sure what to expect here.

Well, the last time Johns wrote Jason it had mixed results.

His approach was good but it was dragged down by his need to use needless symbolism (Jason wearing an adult-sized Robin costume under his clothes) where it shouldn't. Since Fabok revealed that Jason would be wearing essentially an adult-sized Robin costume with a leather jacket and his helmet, I've been feeling Johns will do the same thing.

Another tease from Fabok

Hmm, interesting that Fabok has been working on it for a year and a half. That means the script has been done for longer than I would have thought.
    (I figured that was the hold up).
    |
    Wondering if this will be a Black Label book or not?

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Hmm, interesting that Fabok has been working on it for a year and a half. That means the script has been done for longer than I would have thought.
    (I figured that was the hold up).
    |
    Wondering if this will be a Black Label book or not?
    It’s been a Black Label book since it was announced. Fabok is just taking forever to draw it, and DC is smartly avoiding solicitations it until Fabok is almost done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s been a Black Label book since it was announced. Fabok is just taking forever to draw it, and DC is smartly avoiding solicitations it until Fabok is almost done.
    To be honest, the art that he has shown so far looks pretty, pretty, pretty nice.

BANNED

Bet he wishes there were three of him to perform the drawing duties.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    To be honest, the art that he has shown so far looks pretty, pretty, pretty nice.

As in really, really, REALLY nice?

Jk, just messing with you fellow Red Hood fan.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That makes zero sense, the whole three jokers thing was teased in an in continuity book so why take it out of continuity?

Well from what I understood, the 3 Jokers was always supposed to be in continuity, but apparently has some mature stuff in it, hence the Black Label.

Recently though, Jason Fabok has described the book as in continuity, but that he and Geoff are doing their own thing with it. No idea what that means though, maybe they are just not concerned how the book connects with City of Bane, Year of the villain and other current stuff, and they are just telling the story they want. Apparently they are doing "super gutsy stuff no one has ever done". So, maybe they think the story shakes up the status quo so much that the future writers might ignore it?
    Last edited by bat1987; 10-06-2019 at 09:19 AM.