Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

I feel that this comic is only worth for the art, I liked this issue and I really enjoyed reading it, as many of you well point out, the story and the concepts or ideas that it handles are there, but somehow in this second shot everything seems to go very slow or flat even when interesting events happen, I hope it is the calm before the storm, frankly I don't think the mystery of who the 3 Jokers are and how they came to be what they are is expressly solved, which I do believe is that Jason as character should be left out a bit and delved into other topics, although I don't know if that's a lot to condense into one issue. I remember from the previous comments and remarks from Fabok himself there is still something to tell about the Joker from "endgame". What I do believe and it is nothing to write home about is that the conclusion will not satisfy everyone. I think the story will be something like "There will always be 3 Jokers".

The Jason / Barbara ship does not look bad to me even I like

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I think Johns is trying to say something, but I'm not sure if he knows what he's trying to say. Concepts are there, but they aren't fleshed out and the implications raise more questions than answers. Honestly, I doubt Johns is going to come up with a satisfactory answer.

The stakes and the point are connected to the mystery of the Three Jokers, which is still vague. The resolution will probably make or break things.

My prediction- the ending is going to leave a lot of people confused.
    i mean that there are no stacks since the bat office and Fasbok have already confirmed that this isn't in continuity so there are no stacks. Stuff like Jason killing one of the jokers which really would give his chosen persona and his point in UTRH some much needed validity is now squandered.

The exploration of their trauma. Taking an in depth look at their experience and the impact on those experiences feels like something that should have more weight. That should matter but it feels like this will not impact anything to do with the main versions of these character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    i mean that there are no stacks since the bat office and Fasbok have already confirmed that this isn't in continuity so there are no stacks. Stuff like Jason killing one of the jokers which really would give his chosen persona and his point in UTRH some much needed validity is now squandered.

The exploration of their trauma. Taking an in depth look at their experience and the impact on those experiences feels like something that should have more weight. That should matter but it feels like this will not impact anything to do with the main versions of these character.
    Johns has said that that the story will become canon if its received positively by fans and maybe it will be. Based on what was written so far and depending on the resolution, making this story canon might not be such a good idea even if fans love it.

DC's current writers have generally done a terrible job of exploring character trauma and previous writers weren't much better. I hope to someday read a DC comic story where trauma is explored in a way that DOES NOT derail a character and actually fixes them.
    Last edited by king81992; 09-29-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Maybe? They also said he dug his way out of the grave too, so he did die? Hard to say.
    I think Johns is going off the Infinite Crisis comics version of his resurrection, where Jason was dead but Superboy-Prime punched reality and so reality shifted causing Jason to come back to life. Wish they would just stick with the UTRH animated version of Ra’s bringing Jason back, that’s far less stupid.

Edit: LMFAO this person is doing a page by page review of Three Jokers and perfectly summed up how utterly stupid the Batman/Jason relationship is both in this book and the mainline:
    https://twitter.com/robertsecundus/s...875999744?s=21
    6E25FB8C-EFA4-4237-8987-718A6361C9EF.jpg
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-29-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Incredible Member

I think they're actually using this to wipe away Superboy-Prime's involvement in Jason's resurrection. By making it so that he wasn't really dead to begin with, it's plausible from there that he could have crawled out of his grave as depicted in Winick's version and even implied by a few early New 52 scenes. The reason why they can't have Jason's resurrection take place solely in a Lazarus pit is because there used to be this notion that the pits had rules and largely couldn't truly bring back the dead... Although this has largely been forgotten.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    I think they're actually using this to wipe away Superboy-Prime's involvement in Jason's resurrection. By making it so that he wasn't really dead to begin with, it's plausible from there that he could have crawled out of his grave as depicted in Winick's version and even implied by a few early New 52 scenes. The reason why they can't have Jason's resurrection take place solely in a Lazarus pit is because there used to be this notion that the pits had rules and largely couldn't truly bring back the dead... Although this has largely been forgotten.
    I also feel they are implying Jason didn't die.

However, Winick's version that he crawled out of his grave still include a resurrection. After all, someone should notice he was alive before they put his body in the grave.

The only way it could have some sense that Jason don't die is that Batman never find his body.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-29-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

With this issue is more than obvious that Johns is retconning Jason's death. He never died, and since he has the scars of the crowbar beating, he probably was never dipped into the Pit either. Another strike against Johns.

Incredible Member

Jason's dip in the pit has been referenced in way too many things for even Johns to wipe it away, imo. To my recollection Lazarus pits don't heal all wounds and scarring (in Hush, Bruce says Jason's brain damage played a factor in not putting him in a pit).

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Jason's dip in the pit has been referenced in way too many things for even Johns to wipe it away, imo. To my recollection Lazarus pits don't heal all wounds and scarring (in Hush, Bruce says Jason's brain damage played a factor in not putting him in a pit).
    Bruce says he didn't know if the pit would've helped but Lost Days showed that dipping in the pit was precisely what healed Jason's brain damage and a scar he had on his head.

How the hell could Jason have survived being buried alive after being severely beaten to the brink of death with a blunt instrument? How did the World’s Greatest Detective not realize Jason was still alive? I just can’t wrap my head around that.

If you people read the comic just to simply enjoy and not to look for something to get angry at, you would not have missed this.
    Last edited by Rise; 09-30-2020 at 12:29 AM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

With Damian, Alfred, and I guess if you want to include Dick all having been killed now does Jason being so hung up on his own death make narrative sense anymore? I get maybe for non continuity stories where they can ignore all the other deaths, even though I think this Three Jokers story will be in continuity a bit, but it is one of those things that doesn't feel that unique anymore. I just don't know if trying to base Jason's whole character around that incident really works now and it feels a bit dated.

Then again maybe this Three Joker's story is built more for casual readers that maybe only read Killing Joke and know of Jason's past death from the movie or something. So they wouldn't really know of the more recent deaths of Alfred, Damian or Dick.

Jason's problem in this comic wasn't his death, his problem was that no one was there for him and his death actually has consequences on him unlike the examples you mentioned.

He didn't have a magical recovery after coming back. He suffered from brain damage, permanent nerve pain (as the comic explained) and severe trauma. It's understandable why he is suffering and not doing well.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Spectacular Member

i'm just trying to figure out how they know his medical status because talia threw him in the pit and killed everyone who knew about how he was alive not to mention she had the only copy of his medical records.

Jason has been in the hospital for a while after coming back. It's possible that one of the jokers found out that he came back before Taila did.
    – Dale Carnegie