Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Three Jokers By Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok

Illustrated by the brilliant Jason Fabok, “Three Jokers” is a mystery unlike anything the Dark Knight has faced. One that will shed a new light on The Batman and those closest to him as everything he’s ever believed about The Joker comes into question.
    -Source: Mad Ghost Productions Official Website

http://www.madghostproductions.com/category/comics/

I'm still curious, but its certainly been watered down what with it being so long since the idea was introduced.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

I like Geoff Johns but i don't find the idea of having more than 1 Joker very appealing...

I don't really see the point of a "Three Jokers" element, especially when it seems like modern writers struggle just to write one Joker, but I guess this will probably end up being Johns' grand statement on the Batman mythos.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I like Geoff Johns but i don't find the idea of having more than 1 Joker very appealing...
    I'll be onboard for the concept if Jason can kill at least one of them.

I'd laugh my ass off if it happened during one Joker's actual introduction, in the middle of a monologue. A grand entrance of a Joker and then a crowbar to the back of the head.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Mighty Member

Jason Fabok on art will get me to read basically anything - Three Jokers doesn't interest me at all, and I'm not a huge Johns on Batman guy, but I'll read this because it's pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't really see the point of a "Three Jokers" element, especially when it seems like modern writers struggle just to write one Joker, ...
    But considering how differently different writers write/use The Joker, maybe having multiple ones makes sense?
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 06-11-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But considering how differently different writers write/use The Joker, maybe having multiple ones makes sense?
    Or that he just changes personalities when he gets bored like the way Morrison wrote him.

Fantastic Member

it sounds like a waste of Fabok's talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    -Source: Mad Ghost Productions Official Website

http://www.madghostproductions.com/category/comics/
    *checks link*
    Holy hell, Batman Earth One volume 3 isn't dead? Sweet.

As for the idea of 3 Jokers, if it is done good that might be cool. I don't believe in sacred ground with these characters, some writer is always going to ignore, kill, or reboot the stuff they don't like, so why not have fun and take risks, could work.

It feels like it should have been a Batman Earth One plot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or that he just changes personalities when he gets bored like the way Morrison wrote him.
    Yes. Grant Morrison is the best writer of the Joker.

I'm not totally up to speed on the whole three Jokers idea, so I might be missing something that would change my mind. But if it's like three actual different Jokers, that sounds really bad. Fabok does draw an excellent Batman world though, he's good.

I don't really follow Batman anymore; not for over 20 years I bet. But I follow Batwoman, so I've heard of this.

The idea of some sort of spirit/possession thing going on intrigues me and might actually make me want to read this. I think there is always an understated, but potential "unreal/supernatural/surreal" element to much of the Batman world, but not all. Creature of the Night, striking fear, yada yada.

Batman came before "any" Joker, right? So it could be seen as some haunted-ness to Batman's world; no good deed-doer goes unpunished.