Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I think Fabok has also said that DC will start soliciting the book soon. Maybe Oct solicits?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    According to Fabok this may not be in continuity, unless of course DC wants it to be
    ...And here I thought it was being promoted as if it was .

Fabok, might have misspoken, who knows. They might be doing something so wild and crazy, that he thinks is unlikely to stay in continuity. That being said, the 3 jokers thing, started in JLA book written by Johns and that book was very much in continuity. Was also part of the rebirth. I doubt it won't be in continuity.

I thought he meant they are telling the story they want to tell even if it may conflict with current continuity. The story itself is probably still in continuity.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I thought he meant they are telling the story they want to tell even if it may conflict with current continuity. The story itself is probably still in continuity.
    How does that work if it conflicts with current continuity? Isn't the the point of continuity to not have conflicting story beats?

I know we can pick and choose, but this story is coming from the head honcho (I think) of DC comics; how could he create a storyline that conflicts but remain in continuity?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    How does that work if it conflicts with current continuity? Isn't the the point of continuity to not have conflicting story beats?

I know we can pick and choose, but this story is coming from the head honcho (I think) of DC comics; how could he create a storyline that conflicts but remain in continuity?
    By writing what they want to write during the writing of the story without worrying if they fit current events, and then once they connect it to the main continuity at the ending of the story, they add one caption or editor's note saying "this story happened before that story"

That's how they always do it right?

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

I've stopped caring. It will happen or it won't. It will matter or it won't. I don't care either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    By writing what they want to write during the writing of the story without worrying if they fit current events, and then once they connect it to the main continuity at the ending of the story, they add one caption or editor's note saying "this story happened before that story"

That's how they always do it right?
    LOL, you know what; you're totally right.

I have seen so many books that end exactly like that; nevertheless, I am looking forward to this so much. I miss Fabok on books, his run on Justice League was a masterpiece

It'll be affected by continuity, but only certain aspects of this story will probably be referenced in continuity going forward. It's like Babs being Oracle, but the whole Joker thing almost never talked about.

Astonishing Member

So assuming that there are indeed 'three Jokers', how do you think they'll be split up?

My guess-

Joker # 1: This Joker is the homicidal clown from the early Golden Age stories and the bulk of the Post-COIE era. He's the one Batman first fought, and also the one who crippled Barbara and killed Jason.

Joker # 2: This Joker was less killer and more prankster - the one from the Silver Age era, whom Cesar Romero's TV performance was inspired by. He probably wasn't even really 'insane' but just a criminal mastermind with a gimmick.

Joker # 3: The New 52 Joker, the one who cut his face off, who was revived by Dionysium, and who might just be immortal.

Censorship Sucks

I cared when Rebirth was happening and it was tied into there being a mysterious "52" universe and Doomsday Clock was going to reveal what happened and Batman, in his books, was working on why Flash had showed up...now....Batman is crying over a break up that every teenager goes through for the last twenty issues and the excitement of Doomsday Clock is gone...this just seems like a after thought.

BANNED

Yep. Even the novelty of additional joker's existing and interacting is no longer exclusive as the Batman who laughs has already covered that premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Yep. Even the novelty of additional joker's existing and interacting is no longer exclusive as the Batman who laughs has already covered that premise.
    I hadn't actually thought of that; you're totally right, Snyder did kinda undercut the entire premise of this storyline. However, if somehow there are 3 Jokers from the same universe that would be interesting.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The "take it or leave it" continuity status of this is NOT a nod to The Killing Joke. That line by Fabok is an utter sham.

This "Three Jokers" story has been feared by many fans. And DC is simply smartly editorially chickening out on ruining Joker for Batman fans.

Johns has weird and unpopular ideas about Batman and his characters (see Batman Earth One) and DC knows it.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-30-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    I'd agree, but the Batman Who Laughs is so boring and stupid I don't even acknowledge him.