Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Considering that it was supposed to give closure to a hanging plotline from nearly three years ago, that is a poor explanation. The whole thing is just poor handled by editorial and given how every other work of Johns has gone through the same insane delays, I'm willing to put the blame entirely on Johns.
    I agree, these delays are killing the momentum of both stories. To be fair 3 Jokers hasnt been solicited yet, but like you said, it's supposed to be a resolution to a 3 year old plotline. That's poor planning right there

At this point, I think it's a waste, DC could have made more money with Fabok on a high profile book every month like Batman, Superman, or Justice League.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    At this point, I think it's a waste, DC could have made more money with Fabok on a high profile book every month like Batman, Superman, or Justice League.
    The issue seems in part to be that Fabok no longer works at a monthly pace
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Fabok doesn’t do monthlies anymore. JL burned him out for good. He’s Gary Frank-tier nowadays when it comes to how fast he can work.

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    I agree, these delays are killing the momentum of both stories. To be fair 3 Jokers hasnt been solicited yet, but like you said, it's supposed to be a resolution to a 3 year old plotline. That's poor planning right there
    I think it not being solicited yet is actually to it's benefit. From the progress reports that come up in interviews it appears like they're waiting until it's done before soliciting it, which would be a good thing as it wouldn't suffer the massive delays Johns' other books have right now. Seems like they're learning from their mistakes with this one.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Based on everything we know, it seems to me like this is less holding back until the artist completely finishes, and moreso internal delays regarding when exactly it should come out, and the artist using that time to their advantage.

It's the same thing with Doomsday Clock, we know that those delays aren't entirely because of Gary Frank needing that time to get it finished, but that alot of it appears to be because of editorial itself pushing the release back to accommodate whatever other plans they got going on, and Franks just taking advantage of that time given.

I don't think Fabok has been drawing for over a year and a half because he's that slow, I think DC deciding they want it out after Doomsday Clock (and could possibly still trying to discuss amongst themselves how "canon" they want it to be) feels like the most likely answer.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Based on everything we know, it seems to me like this is less holding back until the artist completely finishes, and moreso internal delays regarding when exactly it should come out, and the artist using that time to their advantage.

It's the same thing with Doomsday Clock, we know that those delays aren't entirely because of Gary Frank needing that time to get it finished, but that alot of it appears to be because of editorial itself pushing the release back to accommodate whatever other plans they got going on, and Franks just taking advantage of that time given.

I don't think Fabok has been drawing for over a year and a half because he's that slow, I think DC deciding they want it out after Doomsday Clock (and could possibly still trying to discuss amongst themselves how "canon" they want it to be) feels like the most likely answer.
    Yeah, Fabok is a consistent artist during his Batman and League run. It makes sense to be a continuity thing since Three Jokers and Doomsday Clock was set up in DC Universe Rebirth #1, they'll be an appropriate ending to what DC is calling Generation 4

I guess it's the main discussion about the book ?

Anyway, new interview with Jason Fabok : https://www.gamesradar.com/meet-the-...-the-comedian/

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

I asked Jason what his next project was on Twitter and he doesn't have anything lined up as of yet, just a few possibilities. The way DC is doing Batman with two artists rotating arcs, he could easily have time to do one.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.

I asked Jason what his next project was on Twitter and he doesn't have anything lined up as of yet, just a few possibilities. The way DC is doing Batman with two artists rotating arcs, he could easily have time to do one.
    I don't have any basis for this, but I'd be willing to bet that Fabok will only be doing Black Label/miniseries and one-shots after this.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I guess it's the main discussion about the book ?

Anyway, new interview with Jason Fabok : https://www.gamesradar.com/meet-the-...-the-comedian/
    So let me see if I understand this right from what Fabok has said here:

-The reason Batman hasn’t noticed there are three jokers is that appearance wise they are very similar
    -That the unique differences are in their choice of actions, decisions, or expressions
    -That the three of them, at least at one point, have played a role in other versions of the Joker (like the New 52 endgame appearance).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I don't have any basis for this, but I'd be willing to bet that Fabok will only be doing Black Label/miniseries and one-shots after this.
    That is my thought too, it was more wishful thinking on my part getting him on a main book.

I do enjoy the Black Label books, but in the long term, they are meaningless to continuity, and don't boost the main titles whatsoever. With the top talent shifting to them, it hurts the main, in continuity books in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So let me see if I understand this right from what Fabok has said here:

-The reason Batman hasn’t noticed there are three jokers is that appearance wise they are very similar
    -That the unique differences are in their choice of actions, decisions, or expressions
    -That the three of them, at least at one point, have played a role in other versions of the Joker (like the New 52 endgame appearance).
    Clownish Joker and Comedian Joker kind of look similar but Criminal Joker( the serious one) is distinct from them.

I could buy Batman not noticing the difference between the wacky ones, but the serious one is like a different person.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Clownish Joker and Comedian Joker kind of look similar but Criminal Joker( the serious one) is distinct from them.

I could buy Batman not noticing the difference between the wacky ones, but the serious one is like a different person.
    I wonder if the serious one is the one Batman has had those occasional sane conversations with, I'm thinking like Killing Joke and perhaps the post-endgame revitalized Joker.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I wonder if the serious one is the one Batman has had those occasional sane conversations with, I'm thinking like Killing Joke and perhaps the post-endgame revitalized Joker.
    I think Killing Joke Joker is the Comedian Joker, who's basically a psycho and the same one who removed his own face during New 52.