Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I'll say what everyone should hopefully be saying about this, though, and that's that Fabok is just a superstar and with all the time in the world to finish a story he puts out work that's got serious lasting power.
    *I'll* say what everyone should be saying with this, and that's that Barbara clearly is ready to go to town with anyone wearing a costume!!! Meeeeeeow. She-hulk move over!!
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

I feel nothing. Complete indifference to this story at the ending. It’s not a story that needed to be told, relies entirely on cliches we’ve seen before, and feels like a vanity project from Johns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Given the Joker's fractured psyche, I think it would have been better (if not more expected/predictable) if we'd seen a multiple personality disorder take on the Joker, with everything from the mobster of the 20s through the dude who wore his own face as a mask for a while being the same person, but with each a distinct personality and getting into conflicts within the Joker's mind, akin to what we've seen in characters like Crazy Jane and the Hulk. Maybe three personalities are left and they go to "war" with each other, with Gotham as their battlefield, each personality trying to eradicate some element dear to the other personalities, including their "greatest hits" like Barbara and Jason. Batman not only has to protect his allies and the city, but find a way to broker "peace" between the Joker's personas (assuming they haven't wiped themselves out) so that the physical Joker is a singular version of pure insanity, versus three separate versions.

And absolutely cut the part of Batman knowing who the Joker is. That's garbage. Should still be a total mystery to Batman.
    What you’re talking about here is Morrison’s take on the character, which is why I am unimpressed with Three Jokers. Morrison established that the Joker constantly reinvents himself, so the mass murderering psycho and the harmless prankster are the same guy, depending on which personality is in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Nothing at all. The concept was dumb from the get-go and the execution failed to deliver a reason this story should be told. In the end, this was yet another vanity project of Johns meant to stroke his ego rather than tell a compelling story.
    pretty much how I feel in a nutshell
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

So I guess this is 3 Alan Moore stories now, where Johns went back to and was like “actually, it happened like this

I’m fine with the changes. I’m fine with Batman always knowing, although it makes all those scenes of Batman agonizing over Joker’s identity in the batcave pretty ridiculous. It’s just, you’d think in a story called “The Three Jokers” the story would address the significance of there being three of them.

Well, Batgirl's Three Jokers costume is pretty good. Can that just be canon now?

I thought the letter was funny, because i get that the tragedy of Jason is that it fell. But what if she did read it. That letter was coming on strong. I mean they just kissed, and then what she read this letter telling how he'd give up his life for her and that he loves her. Its like whoa dude.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    So I guess this is 3 Alan Moore stories now, where Johns went back to and was like “actually, it happened like this
    Watchmen, Killing Joke, what's the third?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    So for those who REALLY didn’t like it...what would you have preferred to have seen? Or what direction would you have liked it all to take?
    The alternate Earths one, to tie in with Rebirth in general, where everything happened, and timey wimey stuffs made them appear in the present instead of their separate earths

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Watchmen, Killing Joke, what's the third?

The alternate Earths one, to tie in with Rebirth in general, where everything happened, and timey wimey stuffs made them appear in the present instead of their separate earths
    One could say that his GL run drew significantly from the handful of issues that Moore wrote, but Johns at least had something new, bold, and interesting to say there.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Fabok seems to be done with DC after this: https://www.instagram.com/p/CG25CmOH...=1b1f7lozpa2j4

Pretty weak final note I’d say. May be that Fabok is the artist Johns is planning to do his first creator owned project with (he mentioned something was in the works in his last Word Balloon interview), since Fabok wants to keep working with Johns.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Fabok seems to be done with DC after this: https://www.instagram.com/p/CG25CmOH...=1b1f7lozpa2j4

Pretty weak final note I’d say. May be that Fabok is the artist Johns is planning to do his first creator owned project with (he mentioned something was in the works in his last Word Balloon interview), since Fabok wants to keep working with Johns.
    Well, that is disappointing.

BANNED

So basically broken down in the smallest sense this series was about.......
    How the bat and his family are traumatized broken people
    How hot Barbara looks in her costume and getting wet in the rain
    How Jason is traumatized broken and blames both Bruce and the Joker for his problems but the love of a good woman can motivate him to be a better person
    How the Joker is a troll who cares for Batman in his own special way and will do anything to prove that he has the greatest influence on him.
    How Bruce is a manipulative bastard who doesn't trust anyone with information and will keep secrets and act grim and gritty swearing vengeance but ultimately show he is a softie at heart.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm not well-versed in the Batman comics continuity, but let me see if I've got this straight:

Batman gains ultimate knowledge by sitting on the Mobius Chair, so he asks "What's the Joker's real name?" and is surprised to find out that there's actually been three Jokers, rather than one.

This spins off into The Three Jokers book which ends by revealing that Batman has known Joker's real name since a week after they first faced each other.

So....why did he ask the Mobius Chair then if he already knew the answer?

If the two stories had been written by a different writer who got their wires crossed, I could understand, but this issue was done by literally the exact same creative team.

The art was very, very pretty though.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Johns said during DC Fandome that they were scrapping that part since they wanted a more grounded story.
    Ohhh. Okay, so they retconned the prelude to their own story because it didn't fit the ending.

Well, that....still doesn't make this story work any better for me.

But, again, that was some real purty art.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I’m fine with the changes. I’m fine with Batman always knowing, although it makes all those scenes of Batman agonizing over Joker’s identity in the batcave pretty ridiculous. It’s just, you’d think in a story called “The Three Jokers” the story would address the significance of there being three of them.
    Reminds me Trinity War when on, basically last page, he showed Earth-2 heroes in one panel to justify the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm not well-versed in the Batman comics continuity, but let me see if I've got this straight:

Batman gains ultimate knowledge by sitting on the Mobius Chair, so he asks "What's the Joker's real name?" and is surprised to find out that there's actually been three Jokers, rather than one.

This spins off into The Three Jokers book which ends by revealing that Batman has known Joker's real name since a week after they first faced each other.

So....why did he ask the Mobius Chair then if he already knew the answer?

If the two stories had been written by a different writer who got their wires crossed, I could understand, but this issue was done by literally the exact same creative team.

The art was very, very pretty though.
    That was already answered here, but ok.

That's the same reason he asked the Mobius chair who the killer of his parents was, he already knew the answer, he was just testing the chair.

I really enjoyed the story, I think it was pretty great, couldn't care less if other 2 jokers were irrelevant after all, Joker was just trolling the bat-family (Isn't he always doing that?), I liked the Comedian (or "main joker") plan and motive and the fact both of them (Batman and Joker) know the true identity of one another but they have reasons not to reveal it, I didn't see that coming and felt pretty satisfied at the end of the series.
    Last edited by Wrestler; 10-28-2020 at 05:44 AM.