Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what is the ultimate resolution of this supposed to be? Expose "all" the jokers? Find out their secret identities, if any? Is there a full network of them like the League of Assassins from Ra's Al Ghul? Or possibly some type of perverted spinoff that went in their own direction?
    My money is on A Return of the Joker style ‘The Joker is such a force for evil that he can exist beyond his original body, forcing his ideology and his madness onto someone so completely that it obliterates the person that came before. Now Batman must grapple with the fact that the Joker is trying to target Batman’s kids.’

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what is the ultimate resolution of this supposed to be? Expose "all" the jokers? Find out their secret identities, if any? Is there a full network of them like the League of Assassins from Ra's Al Ghul? Or possibly some type of perverted spinoff that went in their own direction?
    Create the precedent that if one Joker dies a new one will take his place.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Create the precedent that if one Joker dies a new one will take his place.
    It’s not a bad solution to the ‘why don’t you just kill the joker, everyone who is not Bruce?’

Because doing so muddies your soul while doing nothing to stop him.

Incredible Member

I've just read the first issue... It seems like smoke and mirrors to me. This is not story telling, this is repackaging continuity.

There is not one original idea in the whole issue. It's just an exercise in well researched continutiy.

I hope the names "jack Napier, Arthur fleck, and Jerome balescoe are nowhere in this book.

The joker(s) plan isn't crazy at all here. Kill off the moxon family, hating crime families, and killing off a comedian. All reasonable actions give the jokers history (according to the killing joke at least.)

I find the plotting more then a little predictable.

The old joker will turn out to be the "jack Napier" movie who killed the waynes, won't he????

All the jokers will all die, and Jason Todd will fall into the vat and become the new joker. Because geoff John's cannot be anything but predictable....

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    I've just read the first issue... It seems like smoke and mirrors to me. This is not story telling, this is repackaging continuity.

There is not one original idea in the whole issue. It's just an exercise in well researched continutiy.

I hope the names "jack Napier, Arthur fleck, and Jerome balescoe are nowhere in this book.

The joker(s) plan isn't crazy at all here. Kill off the moxon family, hating crime families, and killing off a comedian. All reasonable actions give the jokers history (according to the killing joke at least.)

I find the plotting more then a little predictable.

The old joker will turn out to be the "jack Napier" movie who killed the waynes, won't he????

All the jokers will all die, and Jason Todd will fall into the vat and become the new joker. Because geoff John's cannot be anything but predictable....
    That is the Johns brand. He pulps other peopleÂ’s stories and removes the pips to get stories out of them. Probably the reason he is so successful is that comics need that once in a while because they get so tangled up in knots of their own continuity that they become inaccessible. Johns is a one man MCU writing team.

I can respect TJ#1 as a well constructed piece of machinery. It uses a lot of ideas Snyder and Morrison already had but in a way that is more dramatisible Than either of these two writers and more interesting than TynionÂ’s current Joker snorefest. It provides minor tweaks to Red Hood that are nevertheless probably beneficial to the character as they, again, make his inner conflict explicit.

I doubt Red Hood will end up the next Joker, though no doubt that will be the existential threat hanging over the book. More likely after two losses with Jason, Batman is going to win this one and Jason will have to advocate for not killing the Joker to save Bruce or Babs.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    I doubt Red Hood will end up the next Joker, though no doubt that will be the existential threat hanging over the book. More likely after two losses with Jason, Batman is going to win this one and Jason will have to advocate for not killing the Joker to save Bruce or Babs.
    That would be pretty hypocritical given he killed one in an emotional burst

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That would be pretty hypocritical given he killed one in an emotional burst
    That’s like saying ‘It’s hypocritical for Woody to be Friends with Buzz Lightyear. He tried to kill Buzz Lightyear at the start of Toy Story.’

It’s fiction. If a character fails a test of character in the 1st act, they will generally have a chance to redo that test of character later in the story.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    That's been my whole problem with the last 15 years of superhero Marvel/DC comics. I still pay attention, but won't pay for what I feel like is the same thing I've already read and paid for already. I did that for some of that time after, but stopped because there hasn't been anything new or innovative in actual storytelling. The Peter David Maestro story right now is like one of the first and only new stories that actually has my interest finally in spending money.

All-New Member

Chil has been shown up alive in prison in Justice League - Darkseid War - Batman also a touch on the 3 jokers mystery as well

Huge spoilers for Three Jokers #2, beware

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eiu6y1MV...jpg&name=large

spoilers:
    I really like how they turn their trauma into something so special and more meaningful than just "bonding". Very powerful. I can't wait to run to my favorite comic shop to purchase book 2.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by AtheistInRed; 09-24-2020 at 11:35 PM.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Sigh

spoilers:
    I see Johns couldn't help himself and went for the absolute lowest hanging fruit he could find to pander shippers.
    end of spoilers

Sigh

spoilers:
    I see Johns couldn't help himself and went for the absolute lowest hanging fruit he could find to pander shippers.
    end of spoilers
    How to put it...

spoilers:
    Barbara isn't the redhead I want Jason paired with.
    end of spoilers

Is an entirely pointless addition that if it gets explored further will only harm the characters in the long run, and if it doesn't, then is something done just to artificially hype up the book and drive up sales.

BANNED

Oh, ****! John, I know you want to pander to your audiences, but don't you think that's relationship too toxic?

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Is an entirely pointless addition that if it gets explored further will only harm the characters in the long run, and if it doesn't, then is something done just to artificially hype up the book and drive up sales.
    You are over-exaggerating. No one is going to explore Jason and Barbara as a couple because of this scene. That's not the point of the panel.
    Just because their lips touch, doesn't mean that this is supposed to be a sexual action.

We don't even know if Three Jokers will actually end up to be in-continuity.
    Even if, Jason and Barbara will go separate ways after this. Barbara is still dating Bard - or maybe Batgirl writers will bring back Luke, Dick, Ted Kord or some other old/new flame - and Red Hood writers will stick with Isabel, Essence, Artemis or someone completely new.