Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    it's not in contiunity, so doesn't really bother me.
    Wait, did I miss something? This was meant to follow up all that stuff with the comedians button right (I don't read any post-Moore Watchmen stuff on general principal)

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Wait, did I miss something? This was meant to follow up all that stuff with the comedians button right (I don't read any post-Moore Watchmen stuff on general principal)
    During DC Fandome Johns said he wanted a more grounded, down-to-earth story so he was ditching the leads from Darkseid War and The button. That is also why the Three Jokers are just three different guys after taking a dip in chemicals than parallel earths versions or something. Also yeah, both him and Fabok have said multiple times that they're going to leave stuff here and there that other writers can pick up if they want but otherwise, Three Jokers is entirely self-contained.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Not sure why its a travesty anytime Babs looks at someone other than Dick
    Because passing Babs around between the major Bat-males gets tiresome. Bruce in Beyond, Tim in the Arkham games...if they ever age up Damian, he will be next.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    My money is on A Return of the Joker style ‘The Joker is such a force for evil that he can exist beyond his original body, forcing his ideology and his madness onto someone so completely that it obliterates the person that came before. Now Batman must grapple with the fact that the Joker is trying to target Batman’s kids.’
    I hope it goes some way like this. The fact that Joker will never die and it’s the ideology that will live forever, not the manz

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Because passing Babs around between the major Bat-males gets tiresome. Bruce in Beyond, Tim in the Arkham games...if they ever age up Damian, he will be next.
    Yeah, both of those are just terrible. I’ll be dropping this book, I wanted silly/zany Joker nonsense, not this garbage.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, both of those are just terrible. I’ll be dropping this book, I wanted silly/zany Joker nonsense, not this garbage.
    You stacked the deck against yourself from the start, far as I can recall, Johns has never written silly nor zany stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    You stacked the deck against yourself from the start, far as I can recall, Johns has never written silly nor zany stories.
    He wrote a Larfleeze Christmas special and a JLA/JSA Thanksgiving issue that were pretty silly in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He wrote a Larfleeze Christmas special and a JLA/JSA Thanksgiving issue that were pretty silly in my opinion.
    That's two stories in a career that spans two decades, plus, we're talking of a man whose claim to fame was getting a bunch of B and C-listers maimed/killed during Infinite Crisis. Expecting something silly from the man in a story focused on the Joker of all the characters is an optimism that borders into delusion.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I thought his Joker was rather darkly funny in Doomsday Clock

More so than most of the other recent content we've gotten from the character.

That's two stories in a career that spans two decades, plus, we're talking of a man whose claim to fame was getting a bunch of B and C-listers maimed/killed during Infinite Crisis. Expecting something silly from the man in a story focused on the Joker of all the characters is an optimism that borders into delusion.
    I mean, that's just the stuff that's overtly silly. There's been fun and humor in his work across his entire career, but I agree that isn't what this work is aiming for.

lol, right, I just meant unexpected Joker stuff, things I wouldn't have thought of.

I thought his Joker was rather darkly funny in Doomsday Clock

More so than most of the other recent content we've gotten from the character.
    Yeah, this, I would've welcomed this.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Lmao she’s been with every single Batmale except Damian.
    Grayson and Fox in the mainline
    Drake in Arkham
    Todd here
    Wayne in the DCAU
    All we need now is for someone to reveal her and Damian getting together is what kicked off the 666 timeline for Babs to have the whole set.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

This sucks for Barbara. What a disgrace. Glad I'm not buying this.

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    Huge spoilers for Three Jokers #2, beware

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eiu6y1MV...jpg&name=large

spoilers:
    I really like how they turn their trauma into something so special and more meaningful than just "bonding". Very powerful. I can't wait to run to my favorite comic shop to purchase book 2.
    end of spoilers
    for a minute I thought it was Bruce well i doubt this will matter continuity isnt consistent anyway
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

do not remember in which interview it was clarified that the three Jokers ARE NOT GOING TO INTERVENE WITH THE CANON, personally if I would like a Jay / Barb scene and for me it would make a lot of sense, the pain, the adrenaline of both makes a lot of sense that they can fall in an understanding. And I hope they do have something between the two of them.